Ubisoft "extremely limited" by PS3, 360

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in IllGaming
Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed maker Ubisoft is "extremely limited" by the current generation of consoles.

"Our challenge with the PlayStation 3 and Xbox [360] is that we're extremely limited in what we can do," Yves Jacquier, Ubisoft's executive director of production services at Ubisoft Montreal, told Eurogamer sister site Gamesindustry.biz.

"It's a challenge for the engineers to provide nice graphics and nice AI and nice sound with a very small amount of memory and computation time."

AI, Jacquier said, "has always been the real battleground", and it's here that Ubisoft hopes to see significant improvement when it makes the jump to the inevitable next Xbox and PlayStation.

"The challenge is that, if you see an AI coming, you've failed. And that's a problem we have to overcome as we create the impression of flawless, seamless worlds.

"In general the industry expects that graphics will not be a strong feature any more... Obviously, graphics are better for marketing purposes because you can show things. AI you can't show.

"We think that the next generation of consoles won't have these limits any more. Games might have more realistic graphics and more on-screen, but what's the value of making something more realistic and better animated if you have poor AI?"

The next Xbox is rumoured to be set for an E3 2012 reveal with a 2013 launch.

Comments

• infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    People don't have money to buy new playstations and xbox consoles right now man. Especially since they just released that new xbox. I think these consoles have a few more years in them
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    People don't have money to buy new playstations and xbox consoles right now man. Especially since they just released that new xbox. I think these consoles have a few more years in them

lol wtf....save up 10 dollars a month...do the math
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i think im go the casual pc gamer next gen...? this ?
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lol wtf....save up 10 dollars a month...do the math

uhh ? you can't say save 10 dollars a month and you'll have enough for a console and a video game.

1. You don't even know the month the console will be released. It could be december and it could be earlier. You might have to save more than 10 a month
    2. i could save 10 dollars starting in august until the beginning of 2013 and wouldnt even have 300. I seriously doubt it'll be less than 300.
    3. People have other ? to spend their money on especially when you just dropped a new version of the 360 not too long ago.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sony confirmed that were bot getting a new ps until at least 2014