Is There A 6th Sense?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Social Lounge
Stop being lazy and saying, I ain't got time for that. You do. Watch this, it's very interesting and a great watch. I swear you guys are SLEEPIN' on Through the Wormhole, ain't NO ONE talking about this show.

? ain't gonna take but about 50 minutes to watch.

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man there are so many senses humans lost when we fell, it's ridiculous. Common sense can tell you that. We can't even see all the colors of the wavelength, let alone the colors that exist beyond them. What about that unapproachable light though? Can you sense Him?
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man there are so many senses humans lost when we fell, it's ridiculous. Common sense can tell you that. We can't even see all the colors of the wavelength, let alone the colors that exist beyond them.

not only can we see all colors, we ARe all the colors, waves, rays, and radiation of the whole spectrum.

What about that unapproachable light though?

all light (information) is experienceable...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Common sense..

but that ? aint common
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Too long; didn't watch.

LOL @ ? thinking we can/should see all wavelengths though.

? outta here.
  • melanated khemist
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i watched every episode, this ep and the one on dimensions are 2 of the better 1s.. mainstream science is finally waking/catching up..

what are your thoughts on a 6th sense TS?
  • melanated khemist
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Too long; didn't watch.

LOL @ ? thinking we can/should see all wavelengths though.

? outta here.

lol @ ? minds still premature..
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol @ ? minds still premature..
    Cosign, that "we can/should see all wavelengths" stuff is is pretty bad.

Radio waves can be thousands of feet long. LOL @ ? thinking an eye's lens can focus that.

Even assuming the optical lens could somehow focus something with such a wavelength, the focal length would be much larger than the human eye.

All wavelengths?
    QeGe5.jpg

But yeh, I wouldn't call their minds "premature" for thinking that. Maybe they just don't know much about how the eye works, how wavelength affect focal lengths, or how a lens's index of refraction is wavelength dependent.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man there are so many senses humans lost when we fell, it's ridiculous. Common sense can tell you that. We can't even see all the colors of the wavelength, let alone the colors that exist beyond them.

not only can we see all colors, we ARe all the colors, waves, rays, and radiation of the whole spectrum.

What about that unapproachable light though?

all light (information) is experienceable...

Ye must be born again if you ever hope to experience seeing that light.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i watched every episode, this ep and the one on dimensions are 2 of the better 1s.. mainstream science is finally waking/catching up..

what are your thoughts on a 6th sense TS?

Season 2 of Through the Wormhole is the best so far, it's put out great stuff.

My thoughts? Well, shoot, I'd have to gather my thoughts for it to make sense as I type it out...
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Vibe you been on a tear my brother, this is the level im on and I do believe a sixth sense exists but we are way too closed minded, unhealthy, uneducated to get there. BTW what channel does that show come on I never heard of it.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Science channel, Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, Wednesdays at 9 or 10.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i will watch those vids in a few.

i will say this tho, we all perceive things differently. we could all look at the same object, and if we were asked to draw it, 100% guarantee not one would be an exact replica of the original, mine would be abstract and look nothing like the object at all, same with music, i hear the instruments but see them as mechanical tools in my mind.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mystics: yeah yeah we knew that all along

Science: yeah yeah we gotta prove it
  • jamesbowl50
    jamesbowl50 Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think there is a sixth sense, not exacting predicting the future but you kind of sense that something bad or weird is going to happen. Just anything big, as small as that, hence the term "sixth sense".