So whats up with these Armored Core games?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in IllGaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i owned the very first one on ps1 and liked it......good customization.....havent played any others though
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I used to love the mech games like these, especially Zone of the Enders, which is kind of different type of gameplay but a mech game nonetheless.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I forget which console I had it for. PS1, Sega Saturn, maybe dreamcast..... I ain't sure. It's been years, since I played one.

The level of customization was very high from what I remember back in the 90's or early 2000. I reckon it's later installments are even more in depth. The game play is probably the only of it's kind. You were literally a giant mech out there kicking ass. It's was fun having a giant mech like they do in space opera anime's. Dashing with propulsion backs and slashing with light sabre's and blowing ? up with gun's the size of a submarines. Configuring weapon stats, armor stats, new equipment, upgrades, the color of your gun, the logo on your right arm, the color pattern of your torso, and trying to balance out the weights. Like I said, customization was deep and time consuming in itself. I more recent installment would have online capabilities and, I would hope, a re-vamped engine to cause even better mayhem on.

The only problem I would see is the repetition. The game didn't really have a story. It was all about doing missions to make money to customize your mech. I'd hope the developers were able to present a more intriguing world to play in, along with a good story. That way doing the same thing over and over wouldn't feel like the same thing over and over. I'd imagine they have a great amount of potential for a massive online community if the multiplayer was handled right. It would be awesome if they had destructive capabilities like BF2's frost bite engine.

all in all, worth a rent if it seems like your kind of thing.
    But I haven't played the game in ? ages. I don't know what they could be up to now.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    I used to love the mech games like these, especially Zone of the Enders, which is kind of different type of gameplay but a mech game nonetheless.

Einenders?....