Did you all know children were better under slavery than now? Michelle Bachmann does!

Options
edeeesq
edeeesq Members Posts: 511
edited July 2011 in The Social Lounge
Michele Bachmann signing of "The Marriage Vow" pledge, promoted by a conservative Christian values group The Family Leader, was met with outrage. The main purpose of the pledge was to secure opposition to ? marriage, but the document was packed with little details that managed to offend an impressive range of people, considering the relatively short length of the document. The document encouraged a baby boom and called homosexuality a choice, but the most head-scratching piece was its insinuation that African American babies may have somehow been better off under slavery. This was the passage:

Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household* than was an African American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President.

Early Saturday, Bachmann's spokeswoman Alice Stewart said that the she had only endorsed the 14-point “candidate vow,” which did not include the slavery passage. Politico reports that Stewart said that "in no uncertain terms, Congresswoman Bachmann believes that slavery was horrible and economic enslavement is also horrible." She added Bachmann "stands behind the candidate vow - which makes absolutely no reference to slavery."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/07/bachmann-does-damage-control-over-slavery-reference-marriage-vow/39772/

But of course, she didn't read it....

Comments

• edeeesq
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And the fact that its a Christian group that came up with this is classic....
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know a guy who was a slave, he agrees. Says he enjoyed his tight-knit nuclear family.

But then he goes into a 15 minute rant about the "horror" of the whole "slavery" thing.

Seems being enslaved overshadowed the closeness of his family, by a lot.

Like he really didn't like being a slave, he says none of the slaves did.

Maybe he's exaggerating.
  • edeeesq
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    seems being enslaved overshadowed the closeness of his family, by a lot.

lol.........

The best part of that passage was the "mother and father two-parent household"....

Like slaves had family meals while they surrounded the campfire, with little Toby playing in the yard behind their white picket fence....

Ahhhh the peace that comes with whips, enslavement, ? and murder...
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know a guy who was a slave, he agrees. Says he enjoyed his tight-knit nuclear family.

But then he goes into a 15 minute rant about the "horror" of the whole "slavery" thing.

Seems being enslaved overshadowed the closeness of his family, by a lot.

Like he really didn't like being a slave, he says none of the slaves did.

Maybe he's exaggerating.

So you know a dude that is minimum 136 years old?
  • fiat_money
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    So you know a dude that is minimum 136 years old?
    I have a confession to make. The ex-slave guy I'm talking about doesn't exist.

I made him up for the thread yo.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I agree with her.
    Slavery taught ? values, and there was virtually no unempoyment.
    We need more outspoken white women like her to put these nappy headed mongrels in their place.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have a confession to make. The ex-slave guy I'm talking about doesn't exist.

I made him up for the thread yo.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sounds like your usual concept, for debating, from what I've experienced in your posts.
    Ask the uncle Thomas-fiat, Who posted above you...the one who seems to have very very little to post, whenever egregious Racism rapes a Black citizen in ways you Whitefolk, will never get to experience.

He looks down field, steps back, fires off a hail mary!.....AND IT IS CAUGHT!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! "Its Over: 2012!" Catches The Feelings From All The Way Down Field!!!!

That's got to be a record, no posts were even addressed to "its over: 2012!", yet he managed to seize an opportunity and come away with feelings caught, all on his own!!!
  • fiat_money
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice catch yo.icon14.gificon14.gif
  • fiat_money
    edited July 2011
    Options
    no feelings caught, but I caught you in a lie...would you like for me to link up your posts that were directly to me which I'm referring to, bytchNIGG?
    LOL.

MQJ6g.jpg

But yeh, do what you got to do yo.icon14.gif

It may prove rather difficult though, since I only made one post in this thread prior to your addressing me.

Go for it though.icon14.gificon14.gif
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Colored folks talkin bout "Save me!" Wasn't nothing wrong with slavery, at least we got good food back then, uh huh, uh huh! White man sho could be yo friend ."
    -Uncle Ruckus (no relation)
  • edeeesq
    edited July 2011
    Options
    SMH @ the thread derailment when we have a perfectly good republican racist to laugh at....

And she's one of the front runners for the 2012 nomination....

SHM
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    she ruined her chances of ever becoming president

the gop is evil