? Started A Tradition We Blindly Carry On (no pun intended) Today=(

Options
rusty shackleford
rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Social Lounge
olympics.jpg

Jul 20, 1936 - Nazis hold First Olympic Torch run in which the Olympic Flame was first kindled at Olympia, Greece using a convex mirror & the rays of the sun to kick off the Berlin Olympics. The High Priestess Koula Pratsika lit the torch of the first bearer Kostas Kondylis.

4298.jpg

This recurrent theme symbolizing the flame of knowledge that Prometheus stole from the Gods is but a slightly altered version of the Christian myth of Satan tricking Adam/Eve into biting the apple of knowledge.

Adam-and-Eve-Garden.jpg

Oddly manifested in the form of a human-reptilian hybrid, the book of Genesis shows ? condemning the serpent saying something to the effect of, "On your belly you shall go" which suggests that he wasn't on it before.

These torches are ubiquitous in our lives & show up in places like the american dime....

1537fwj.jpg

For Zoroastrians, fire was a gift of truth, order, and righteousness. In that sense, the possession of fire is the possession of knowledge. Strangely, these torches of knowledge seem to morbidly appear where tragedy has struck.. Hauntingly, like reminders to those who aren't too lazy to do the research, of the people who are truly in infinite control of the world we live in..

Hence, the reason why we still recognize a racist contribution to a world unifying event such as the Olympics..

Comments

• rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    *wonders if i shoulda kept it to the ? Originating The Torch Ceremony portion of topic for all the little dudes from Slowboken, New Jersey

is that what "keep it simple, stupid" means?? dunno.gif
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's hardly a tradition "we" "blindly" carry on considering those monuments were built a long ass time ago and the average person could care less about it. Secondly, Greek Mythology predates Christian myth, just as Kemetic mysticism predates both.

Third, is any of this supposed to be a 'bad' thing?
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Carl Diem was not a mass murderer. Though he did call on German citizens, thousands of which were ? Youth, to defend Berlin in the final days of the war.

Besides an idea is not beholden to the people that believe in it. The person the turns away from a good idea because they do not like the source is a fool.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's hardly a tradition "we" "blindly" carry on
    .. reading comprehension is fundamental.. the title of the thread is in reference to the traditional running of the olympic torch from it's ignition point to where ever the olympic games are held.. it's a microcosm of structured religions death grip on the minds who buy into the insane notion that the immaculate conception, die for man's sins, resurrection & subsequent assent into heaven is an actual historical fact.

way................. off base.
    considering those monuments were built a long ass time ago and the average person could care less about it.
    don't know what to say to this except.... read more & then get back to me. i'm not the average person you're apparently use to dealing with.
    Secondly, Greek Mythology predates Christian myth, just as Kemetic mysticism predates both.
    there's that reading insight that's useful.. most of the time.. unfortunately not this time though considering i never implied otherwise... i simply said one story is a sightly altered version of another. they ALL fall from a master template designed to imprison the human mind. isn't reading neat?
    Third, is any of this supposed to be a 'bad' thing?
    following a tradition set by racist elitists?? yeah.. me thinks.. maby... hell to the yes. to point out the blind allegiance that so many default into without checking the facts first..

lmao @ "soul rattler"
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    Carl Diem was not a mass murderer...
    .. but ? was.. & do you think that a torch ceremony would've even existed if ? hadn't given the go ahead for it??
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    oh look its lucifer the light bearer
    nice tradition btw
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This recurrent theme symbolizing the flame of knowledge that Prometheus stole from the Gods is but a slightly altered version of the Christian myth of Satan tricking Adam/Eve into biting the apple of knowledge.

I think you got that backwards.

Anyway...

jesse-owens-400.jpg
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    actually, being that the stories both find their origins rooted in the same template.. they're interchangeable... since you insist on whippin' out the red pen..

any... way..
  • whar67
    edited July 2011
    Options
    .. but ? was.. & do you think that a torch ceremony would've even existed if ? hadn't given the go ahead for it??

He didn't Carl Diem thought it up and the Olympic committee approved.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    actually, being that the stories both find their origins rooted in the same template.. they're interchangeable... since you insist on whippin' out the red pen..

any... way..

c'mon now. your language is inaccurate and misleading. since you're willing to argue about it but not correct it or concede i can only assume that you're being purposely misleading or simply hardheaded. if one thing is an altered version of another thing that implies that there is an original and a copy.

how do you alter a story thousands of years before it was written?
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Isn't the fact that ? had a part in all this somewhat unimportant, as he played a role in (whether as a consciously active member or as a ? ) the master plan set forth by those that commissioned said template, and this was just one of countless symbolic rituals they've publicly displayed over the past few thousand years? [assuming I was following what you implied in previous posts]

And is that lizard Jack Nicholson?
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    He didn't Carl Diem thought it up and the Olympic committee approved.
    5xddwm9.gif

i stand.... corrected?

olympics.jpg

i was totally wrong to imply that something now refered to the ? olympics where the host country allows ONLY it's countrymen of ? lineage to participate as the German Ministry of the Interior authorized the arrest of all the Gypsies & placed them all cozy like in a "special camp" as a way of cleaning up the racial aesthetics of berlin.. where gigantic ? flags adorn the opening ceremony which in of itself is symbolic of the controlling elites death grip on the world's population was the decision of A ? DICTATOR who went on to systematically murder 6 million jews. now that i ponder it, i'm sure they didn't even run it past him.. what was i thinking? i guess the ultimate point here is that the racist & oppressive atmosphere that was assigned to all future versions of an event which seemingly celebrates diversity & good sportsmanship SHOULD strike you as odd...

as you where.
    binstar wrote: »
    c'mon now. your language is inaccurate and misleading. since you're willing to argue about it but not correct it or concede i can only assume that you're being purposely misleading or simply hardheaded. if one thing is an altered version of another thing that implies that there is an original and a copy.
    though that might hold weight in your court,, to me, a lie is a lie no matter who's lie it was first, second, third, ect.. none the less, arguing that instead of the point of the thread is a complete waste of your time... not to mention mine.
    p-tavern wrote: »
    Isn't the fact that ? had a part in all this somewhat unimportant, as he played a role in (whether as a consciously active member or as a ? ) the master plan set forth by those that commissioned said template, and this was just one of countless symbolic rituals they've publicly displayed over the past few thousand years? [assuming I was following what you implied in previous posts]
    more to the point, it's merely important [imo] in the sense that the energy surrounding the berlin torch ceremony isn't even taken into account when assigning that EXACT ceremony to every subsequent set of games... & we just sit back going, "look @ the pretty lights" instead of being outraged that a racist tradition has a 75 year run without even the slightest objection. that's all i'm saying..
  • whar67
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The fact that Germany used the 1936 Olympics as a propaganda tool is a certainty. You are arguing the torch relay promotes or honors ? Germany. Since ? used the entire Olympics to his end why doesn't all of the modern Olympics continue the ? tradition? Why single out the torch run? If it is because it was introduced at the 1936 games then why isn't Basketball, also introduced as an Olympic sport at the 36 games, a celebration of ? ?
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    because to my knowledge.. & please feel free to correct me & i'll accept it with the utmost humility.... basketball didn't subsequently load millions of it's fans onto railway cars & chuga chuga choo choo their ? to gas chambers & firing squads..
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why should you care about this when people still pledge alliegence to a flag that committed worse terror than ? ? There's so much ? traditions still going on today... this little olympic torch thing is just a corn flake in a bowl of cereal.
  • whar67
    edited July 2011
    Options
    because to my knowledge.. & please feel free to correct me & i'll accept it with the utmost humility.... basketball didn't subsequently load millions of it's fans onto railway cars & chuga chuga choo choo their ? to gas chambers & firing squads..

Neither did the Olympic Torch.

Why does the Olympic Torch celebrate ? since it was introduced at the '36 games and basketball does not?

? is a ? is not really an answer.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Why should you care about this when people still pledge alliegence to a flag that committed worse terror than ? ? There's so much ? traditions still going on today... this little olympic torch thing is just a corn flake in a bowl of cereal.
    because most of the world doesn't fly that flag.. nor do they read.. but everywhere the olympics go, this message goes along with it..

but besides the painfully obvious, as we see with my original post, when given too much to contemplate, the average mind short circuits & starts asking dumb questions...

observe:
    Neither did the Olympic Torch.

Why does the Olympic Torch celebrate ? since it was introduced at the '36 games and basketball does not?

? is a ? is not really an answer.
    if you'd get over your discontent for absorption enough to read my posts, you'd see i already mentioned my problem with the torch..
    ... which in of itself is symbolic of the controlling elites death grip on the world's population..
    meaning: the ceremony itself celebrates a tradition set by bigots.. the torch which the ceremony completely exists for is a celebration [a nod of sorts & a ancient symbol] of the control the masses are almost completely unaware of..

it's bigotry personified... so as nauseating as it may be, it's fitting that it's still around.. because bigotry is as ubiquitous as oxygen.
  • whar67
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rusty you are engaged in a logical fallacy conflating association with causation.

You have made some bizarre attempts to link fire/torch/light to oppression, cruelty, and bigotry. These are unconvincing.

If all you have is your bizarre belief that the torch symbolizes bigotry then you go ahead and think that. I will stick with reality.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why should you care about this when people still pledge alliegence to a flag that committed worse terror than ? ?
    yes, yes, everything's worse than ?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    yes, yes, everything's worse than ?

successful genocide of an entire race + chattel slavery and dehumanization of another is worse than attempted genocide of an entire group of people.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rusty you are engaged in a logical fallacy conflating association with causation.

You have made some bizarre attempts to link fire/torch/light to oppression, cruelty, and bigotry. These are unconvincing.

If all you have is your bizarre belief that the torch symbolizes bigotry then you go ahead and think that. I will stick with reality.
    6copvh3.gif

.. are you sure that you two have even met?
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    successful genocide of an entire race + chattel slavery and dehumanization of another is worse than attempted genocide of an entire group of people.
    unless the ones enslaved & extinguished from existing are worth more as human souls than the ones who ONLY lost 6 million & suffering is a sick little contest to you.. it's merely equal in it's brutality.. one isn't worse than the other..

says a lot about you though.

.. & clarify the bolded...
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    word Chike? WORD?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i am torn between "what was race successfully eliminated by the United States" and "yes, yes, nothing's more awesome than a ? comparison" as my answer. feel free to reply to whichever
  • rusty shackleford
    edited July 2011
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »
    And is that lizard Jack Nicholson?
    yep!... though that's him in the good old days.. back when his face wasn't so leathery..