my only problem with oboma(domestic issues) is that he will not talk/walk tough

Options
lordhonka2
lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
why dosent he just come to the media to put pressure on the republicans and stop looking like the loser in negotiations.

Its like Marlo from the wire when is says "my name is my name " if the president is seen as the loser at every negotiation then he is a loser
perception being reality and all.

why dosetn he just say look i extended the tax cuts and it didnt increase jobs or help the recession in fact it made it worse cause those same people didnt create jobs now they ( repubs) want to play chicken with the debt cieling and and still havent created any jobs and wont tax wealthy americans. yet they expect the average american to work with less (social security, medicare )

why wont he explain it in simple terms to the people and take the pressure off himself.

i dont know if its him or his advisors but i am not sure he has a real perception of how weak he appears at times even when he gets what he wants

Comments

• Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just don't like all that triangulation, but ur right that it is tied to messaging too.
  • Mellow Hype
    Mellow Hype Members Posts: 916
    edited July 2011
    Options
    He killed Osama. Obama has cemented his legacy.
  • lordhonka2
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yea im not against the president policy wise, and i dont think he tying ot destroy the country im not sure he has done anything that most presidents didnt want to do it just so happen he has a ? economy.

what has he done to hurt the country please reply with obama care or the stimulas package he hasnt done anything to hurt this country directly, indirectly he put created a foe in the tea party

much like andrew jackson indirectly created the whig part (know nothing part) execpt andrew jackson was one tough ? and obama lacks percieved strength. I am almost sure that behind the scences he a shrewd cold ? but he need to step out in a press conference every once and a while and tell some republicans to kiss his ass.
    clinton hillary and bill would have
  • Jonas.dini
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What do the libertarian, new-world-order crowd think Obama's "real agenda for America" is? I'm very curious what that means and if it is the same agenda as all the other modern presidents have had, in the eyes of new-world-order alarmists?
  • Jonas.dini
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Oh I watched that stupid ass video, I should have known it was that clown...

Btw, who isn't anti-colonial? lol
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think the problem is that he does call them out but he can only do it so directly before it becomes an official game of chicken. The fact is the Republicans know that he has to cave in in most cases because they do't give a ? about the chaos they're causing unless it ? their money or political futures up and also no matter who is responsible for the chaos, Obama is responsible ultimately.

I can't really blame them since they're getting what they want in a lot of cases or a much sweeter comprimise than they should be getting. It's exactly what the Democrats should have been doing during at least the second Bush term.
  • lordhonka2
    edited July 2011
    Options
    but speaking out puts the pressure on them it a game of chicken no matter what why dosent he just put on them make them the bad guys and make them have to blink he shouldnt have to cave. he looks weak we he dosent have too. clinton would have got the dems in line and put it all the republs like when he let them shut down the govt. and then they lost oll those seats and control of congress for along time. bottom line he aint garunteed a second term so he needs to gamble a bit
  • dawriter
    dawriter Members Posts: 46
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The thing is, with President Obama, he has to walk a fine line. Anytime he takes on a "tough tone" he's called a bully. When he tries to work through compromise, he's called soft. We all want to see the angry black man however, he can't be that. At least not in public. Now, I've heard a couple of "off the record" interviews or times he was speaking when the mics were live but the camera feed was off and everyone wants the behind the scenes President to show up in front of the cameras...however that can't be.

However he isn't a push over because if that is the case he would give the Republicans whatever it is they wanted and he has yet to do that. He has governed more from the middle than people would have liked however he is not the Liberal President, he's not the Conservative President, he's the American President and the majority of Americans are in the middle. More than 50% of the electorate identifies as independent/independent-right leaning.
  • Jonas.dini
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't want to see an angry black man, I want to see him make an attempt to drive the narrative.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Obama worked at Baskin Robbins as a teenager. That's not a private sector job?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, in case anybody cares a guy called Mitch McConnell formally admitted yesterday that Obama has the GOP in a headlock over this debt limit ish.

the ? blasted one past old white people's eardrums with that Social Security threat.....

APR_713.jpg

"Washington’s political mood darkened dramatically Tuesday, as the debt ceiling crisis showed signs of spinning out of control and Republicans began looking for an escape path from the default showdown they helped create." - Politico

"The first caller was really upset after hearing Obama said if there was no deal, Social Security checks wouldn't go out. This affected both sets of her in-laws and both were panicked-one set of them planning to move in with her and her husband. She wanted something done immediately. People needed to compromise.

Caller two was worried about his stocks and bonds tanking and said Republicans weren't voted in to screw with people and not make deals."
    - Townhall in Conservative Country - Obama said the magic words

"The [McConnell] proposal itself seems like a tacit admission that GOP leaders had concluded that they were left with no endgame in the current standoff but to cave and raise revenues — a course of action that is viewed as completely unacceptable to conservatives. It’s an effort to transfer full ownership of the debt ceiling hike to President Obama, while giving Republicans a way of casting votes against raising it that won’t have any effect or stop it from getting raised." - Greg Sargent

"But many conservatives immediately assailed Mr. McConnell’s proposal as a panicky sell-out, much as they in recent days had attacked the House Republican leader, Speaker John A. Boehner, for privately discussing with Mr. Obama a debt-reduction deal that could raise revenues as well as cut spending — ultimately forcing Mr. Boehner to retreat." - NY Times

"Longtime readers are familiar with our time-honored tradition of marking inevitable Senate GOP sellout moments with the head-banging-against-the-wall animated gif.

Well, it is time to resurrect it again to commemorate Mitch McConnell’s latest maneuver that would give President Obama new power to automatically increase the federal debt limit. It’s a convoluted way of abandoning the fight for fiscal sanity altogether and leaving the mess in the Democrats’ enhanced control."
    - that ? Michelle Malkin

"What you are now witnessing is the most masterful rope-a-dope ever performed by a president against an opposition party in Congress. It began months ago... Joe Biden then lead negotiations with House Republicans about how to find a compromise position on the White House position of doing nothing but raising the debt ceiling and the Republicans position of cutting $4 trillion in spending while raising the debt ceiling. Biden and House Democrats then rope-a-doped the Republicans into weeks of discussions over trillions of dollars of spending cuts. And during that time, Democrats appeared to be increasingly willing to go along with trillions of dollars of spending cuts -- possibly as much as three trillion. Then Biden and the President insisted that there be at least a trillion in tax revenue increases and Republican Eric Cantor fell for the Obama ultimatum and walked out of the talks doing exactly what the President wanted him to do because Cantor was thereby proving to the country once again that President Obama was willing to be much more flexible and reasonable in these negotiations and compromises with Republicans than Republicans were willing to be with the President. Specific policy issues aside, President Obama has already won the public contest of who appears to be more reasonable and he won that weeks ago." - Lawrence O'Donnell

"These ? lookin like lil ? rite now." - Pat Buchanan (well that's BASICALLY what he said, Scarborough was more harsh actually)

"Obama's out there pushing this magic August 2nd deadline to get this thing done. That's because Ramadan starts August 1st." - Limbaugh
  • Jonas.dini
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is all political theater imo, it has been a known fact that the Chamber of Commerce ain't letting the Reps obstruct , so it has been an absolute guarantee that the debt ceiling will be raised, yet even despite having all the leverage Obama will concede trillions in cuts anyway, and at best get very modest tax increases. And then the obama stans will celebrate that they raised the debt ceiling (which, shwang ? ? obviously it is necessary but lol at that being a win for the Dems or America) and only had to completely undermine social services... wow big win for the Dems
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol @ Swiffness. I've never seen anyone drink the kool aid like this guy. Obama has no one in a headlock, and the quotes you've posted show who really has the GOP in a headlock.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lmao rush limbaugh is a fool for that one
  • reXanation
    reXanation Members Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Options

Oboma has NOT brought CHANGE, In fact ~~ THE ONLY real THING needing CHANGE !

Was Barack Hussein Obama II.

Barack Hussein Obama II ( Who hates American Values )

Who who is A " SELF PROCLAIMED Enemy " ~ of responsible, Morally Conscious HARD WORKING Americans.

oBOMAS supporters KNOW~ that Barack Hussein Obama II, WILL FORCE YOU to paY THEM, out of your PockeT ....

This UN~CHANGABLE fraud, has done His VERY BEST to Inspire VIOLENCE.

THESE ARE OBAMAS OWN WORDS.. saying “Bring it on” To his supporters.

Oboma ~ Demands Saying “Get ready for hand-to-hand combat with your fellow Americans”

– Obama has ALSO DECLARED to his Supporters

“I want all Americans to get in each others faces!–

Obama demands !

“You bring a knife to a fight pal, we’ll bring a gun” – Obama Cant wait to get everybody involved in some kind OF CONFRONTATION of some sort....

THESE ARE OBAMAS OWN WORDS..

Obama has ALSO DECLARED "Republicans are our enemies"-

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

ANGER VIOLENCE and more taxes..... THIS IS OBAMAS Change for america

/“Hit Back Twice As Hard”. He commands !

THESE ARE OBAMAS Very OWN WORDS..

*Obama on the private sector: ~~ “We talk to these folks…~ / so I know whose ass to KICK.“
    OBOMA wants to KICK your ass /

Shouting THAT Republican victory would mean ~ “hand to hand combat”

HE IS EXPECTING people to ? & BE VIOLENT / for their immoral CAUSES

THIS IS WHAT HE LIVES FOR
    THESE ARE OBAMAS OWN WORDS..
    * Obama Tells democrats: “ I’m itching for a fight.” !

PLEASE go to reXes NEW WebsiTe ~ ! Oboma *( Just like Adolf ? ~~ In that oBOMA~~~ Demands ! -- [ THE FINAL SOLUTION - ~ For Un~Wanted Children

Barak Obama A MURDERER .~Torturing UNWANTED babys on DEATH ROE

http://obomanationinfanticide.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

OBAMA supports TAKING a little NEW BORN innocent child.. / BORN. ALIVE ~

sTabing it iN the head & SUCKs ITS BRAINS OUT.

He also demands, that a Child SURVIVING a FAILED ABORTION, Has no RIGHT to Life or medical care.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dawriter wrote: »
    He has governed more from the middle than people would have liked

How does that make any sense when the "middle" has been pushed so far to the right of the political spectrum? What Obama and his supporters that make this claim don't realize is that U.S. politics has been captured by people on the fringes of American society.