I bet Democrats wished they voted for Hilary now huh?

Options
toomy
toomy Members Posts: 369
edited July 2011 in The Social Lounge
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/11/debt.talks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Obama ready to take significate heat from Dems...

I guess this means cuts to Social Security is coming. I'm neither a Dem or Republican and don't in anyway support the U.S. government but this is insane!! I feel sorry for the poor people in the U.S. in ten years 2k20 the U.S. will definitely look like a third world country.

Was Obama not born when Wall Street ? the World in 2008 for billions?

Comments

• tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No actually they don't.

At the end of the day, as persuasively weak as Obama is, it's us the ppl, that allow ? republican antics to gain a foothold in our public policy
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    social security has to be cut because there is not enough money to support all the old ppl
    about to retire. and it aqlready running negative on a annual cash flow basis.
  • toomy
    edited July 2011
    Options
    social security has to be cut because there is not enough money to support all the old ppl
    about to retire. and it aqlready running negative on a annual cash flow basis.

I understand where you're coming from but Obama is not a Democrat. His policies prove that.
  • toomy
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And look at this...the biggest construction project in the U.S. is a military complex. The U.S. is looking more and more like a military State.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/el-paso/446141-ft-bliss-largest-construction-project-united.html

Ft. Bliss Is Largest Construction Project In United States

At the annual ''State of the Military'' address about Ft.Bliss to the community Maj General Bromberg reprted that Ft. Bliss will add 4,000 new troops a year and one new building a week every week until 2012 which amounts to 37,000 soldiers with more than 53,000 family members and construction of more than 100 projects and 300 new buildings and which also includes a new Shopping Mall on Ft. Bliss and a new Army Hospital on a 150 acre site along I-375 which adds up to more than 5 billion dollars for the 6 year project.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/el-paso/446141-ft-bliss-largest-construction-project-united.html#ixzz1RogtT4Ou
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited July 2011
    Options
    toomy wrote: »
    I understand where you're coming from but Obama is not a Democrat. His policies prove that.

So what does a Democratic president look like?
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yea and then have a girl president? ? that
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Obama is a fraud and a scam artist, but Hillary voted for the war in Iraq. She would be even worse as president in my opinion.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And with that said, we're going to be in Iraq a loooong time.........America truly is an imperial military state at this point. It's no wonder so many people in the world hate us at this point.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-may-act-unilaterally-vs-iran-armed-iraq-115013071.html

U.S. may act unilaterally vs Iran-armed Iraq militias

U.S. forces in Iraq now operate largely in the background, training and assisting Iraqi police and soldiers against a weakened but still lethal insurgency that launches hundreds of attacks each month.

Hours after Panetta's arrival, militants fired three Katyusha rockets into Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone, home to the massive U.S. embassy complex and Iraqi government buildings, according to an Iraqi Interior Ministry source.

U.S. officials including Panetta have been pressing Baghdad to decide whether it wants U.S. forces to stay beyond the year-end deadline. Maliki has said he will abide by a decision of the majority of Iraq's political leaders.

Panetta, who as CIA director helped oversee the covert raid that killed Osama bin Laden, said his number one priority since becoming defense secretary was to defeat al Qaeda. He told Congress last month there were still 1,000 al Qaeda fighters in Iraq.

In language reminiscent of the Bush era, he appeared to link the Iraq war to the September 11, 2001 attacks in his comments to troops.

"The reason you guys are here is because on 9/11 the United States got attacked, and 3,000 ... innocent human beings got killed because of al Qaeda," Panetta said. "And we've been fighting them as a result."
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Obama is a pushover, and he has disappointed me with a lot of his ? , but I'd still rather have him than Clinton.

And imho SS doesn't 'need' to be cut, we could do lots of other things to raise money and the only reason that the program has solvency problems (which are overplayed anyway imo, but that's a whole nother convo) is because the government blew all the money on war and tax cuts for rich people.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hillary also wanted MORE troops sent to Afghanistan and wanted us in there LONGER than 2014. As bad as Obama is, Hillary would be a hundred times worst.

Obama won't get my vote either way in 2012.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    didn't even vote lol

Why not? You saw the scam Obama pulled on us coming?
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Clinton couldn't have been any worse.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    didn't even vote lol

me neither! lol
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why not? You saw the scam Obama pulled on us coming?

I did..........