FutureSex/LoveSounds Appreciation Thread

Options
Kame
Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
JT, Timbaland, and Danjahandz ? around and made one of the better and inventive mainstream pop albums of the 00's

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Summer love was MY ? . I still think justified>this but him and timbaland were killing ? on this album.
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Until the end of time" is a classic.. would have that song on repeat for days!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've smoked many blunts to "Lovestoned" that's my ? butis probably what I consider the best song on the album
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I still listen to this album. What love most about it is how some of the songs transition into the next. That really made it feel like an album. I could go back and forth in my mind about a favorite song. It's that difficult to choose. I guess I could say "What Goes Around" especially because of the beat switch, but then again there's "Lovestoned/I Think She Knows".
  • smoothballa81
    smoothballa81 Members Posts: 157
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Justin bothers me. Cause the dude is naturally talented and great with working with the right people and creating great albums out of it. But, he has no drive and is dead serious about trying to be a serious actor. I wish he had the dedication to be in the studio. Cause FutureSex/LoveSounds...Pushed Pop and R&B in a progressive direction. Justified is still my ? . ''Take It From Here'' is a classic song I remember from college. I wish his motivation changes he could go down as a true legend if he had the type of motivation to be a music head.

I really wish Usher was the type who would like to push his craft. But, dude is comfortable being M.J light.
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah Lovestoned is my ?

Timbaland hasnt been the same since this album, I know danjahandz played a part in making this album, but no one can fall off as bad as timbo has
  • smoothballa81
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah Lovestoned is my ?

Timbaland hasnt been the same since this album, I know danjahandz played a part in making this album, but no one can fall off as bad as timbo has

Tim fell off cause of Justin. I think Justin and Tim motivate each other, and for some reason Justin is lazy. Just like Kanye said, Justin would be a legend if he was not so damned lazy.
  • babybugz
    babybugz Members Posts: 53
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thank you for making this thread *bows to you* lol I’m a big Justin Fan I love both his albums but I’m not sure if this was better than Justified I could have did without Sexy Ladies and Chop Me Up but I wore this album out still both good either way. Justin need to give the movies a rest.
  • akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    loosing my way ...
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man this is a lot better than Justified imo...
  • smoothballa81
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Justified is the truth. FutureSex was a great album also. It's like picking between What's Going On and Here, My Dear or Innervisions And Songs In The Key Of Life.
  • babybugz
    babybugz Members Posts: 53
    edited July 2011
    Options

Because it’s more innovative and Creative I just had good memories with Justified lol so I can’t really say.
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My Love one of the better singles of 06... listening to this ? now still sounds brand new
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sick album. White boy done good.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Good album but not better than Justified, just because its a little more inventive doesn't make it necessarily better.

Neptunes and Justin>>>>>>>>Timbo and Justin.

Jd and Usher>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Both
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Justified is the truth. FutureSex was a great album also. It's like picking between What's Going On and Here, My Dear or Innervisions And Songs In The Key Of Life.

Lmao go jump off a cliff with this ? here.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Justin bothers me. Cause the dude is naturally talented and great with working with the right people and creating great albums out of it. But, he has no drive and is dead serious about trying to be a serious actor. I wish he had the dedication to be in the studio. Cause FutureSex/LoveSounds...Pushed Pop and R&B in a progressive direction. Justified is still my ? . ''Take It From Here'' is a classic song I remember from college. I wish his motivation changes he could go down as a true legend if he had the type of motivation to be a music head.

I really wish Usher was the type who would like to push his craft. But, dude is comfortable being M.J light.

there's a live version of that from his first tour DVD I saw...? was crazy...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Classic...Real classic...
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

yea I mean I can see both opinions. I'm more into slower r&b than uptempo so justified is better imo.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    appreciates....I still have it in rotation
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Comes Around Interlude>>>>>>>>>>
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Good album but not better than Justified, just because its a little more inventive doesn't make it necessarily better.

Neptunes and Justin>>>>>>>>Timbo and Justin.

Jd and Usher>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Both

• inseteorditte
    inseteorditte Members Posts: 20
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited July 2011
    Options

You gotta remember JT has been doing music since he was a kid on the disney channel singing songs; to a teenager in n'sync... If he don't wanna do it no more, f*ck it... but FutureSex/LoveSound is one of the best album of this generation IMO
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also i'd like to add... JT wrote or co-wrote every song on that album... genius