edited July 2011
    Options

haa ren and stimpy i never seen that

game gear was really ahead of its time imo

• tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ay cuz game gear was the first time I played Sonic or Mortal Kombat....? was the GOAT

I remember burning through batteries like nothing. Putting em in the freezer all crazy!

I also played some motorcycle racing game too. Forget the name. But that ? was epic
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My fav cousin had one

Spoiled ass ?

I was salty as ?
  • mrcolbert031
    mrcolbert031 Members Posts: 197
    edited July 2011
    Options
    6 ? batteries WOAT gameboy pocket fool>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I had one. Went from the old grey fat ass game boy to a game gear. I used to stay getting caught under the covers past bed time playing sonic.
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I still have mine somewhere
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No, I had the Nomad, which was basically a handheld version of a Sega Genesis....? ate batteries like Pringles, though smh. Good thing it could use the Sega Genesis adapter to play on it lol

SegaNomad.jpg
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I remember my Patna stole one of these joints from school and traded it to me for 2 Pabst Blue Ribbons out my stepdaddys fridge. ? was bomb.
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I had a rack of sonic games exclusive to GG and Tails adventures, i was sonic junky back in the day, I loved my game gear
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This things battery consumption was WOAT. Ya'll keep repeating that "6 hours" spec but that ? was straight lies, you got no more than like 3 hours out that ? i'm tellin yall.....you didn't play this thing without a A/C adapter or battery pack.

The Sonic games were WACK.....the first one had no loops....the 2nd one was boring and had the CHEAPEST boss EVER on the first cotdamn level.

Shinobi was GOAT on Game Gear tho....? , the Game Gear Shinobi games are the GOAT Shinobi games period imo.

What else i have....NBA Jam...George Foreman boxing...Mortal Kombat...this REALLY WEIRD and dark game called "Chakan"

so yeah, GAMEBOY HAD BETTER GAMES.....PERIOD.

Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins ? on any Game Gear Sonic game and is still one of my favorite platformers ever.

Back in the day I let my best friend play my Game Gear and he was like "wow, that's cool"....then he let me play Metroid II: Return of Samus on his Gameboy and i was like "yo, lemme borrow dis" lmao

Pokemon Red/Blue....nuff said.....? aint checkin for Phantasy Star like dat. Pokemon was like ? in 1982 when that ? first dropped real talk
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TimroD wrote: »
    haa ren and stimpy i never seen that

game gear was really ahead of its time imo

I had one to. And yea the ? was way ahead of its time. ? had a color screen years before gameboy got one. You could even watch tv on it if you got the tv adaptor. I loved my ? . But for some reason I just stopped playing it, don't remember why. I think they stop making games or the games were hard to find.

cj012890 wrote: »
    My fav cousin had one

Spoiled ass ?

I was salty as ?

lol........
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, Gamegear was the ? . Samurai SHowdown was all I needed, only problem was it took 6 batteries and ? . But imo Gamegear is basically= to Gameboy Advance.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It had some good games on it plus the TV tuner was beyond sick, but as said already the battery life was a joke. Six AA batteries for 1 hour of game play... only being able to play it connected to the mains kind of killed the point of it.
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    so yeah, GAMEBOY HAD BETTER GAMES.....PERIOD.

Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins ? on any Game Gear Sonic game and is still one of my favorite platformers ever.

Real talk.
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DSC01510.jpg

Found mine the other day
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i had one.

it was actually better but still less popular than gameboy

i asked for a sega genesis but my stepdad thought it was too expensive and bought me a game gear.

had he actually researched, he wouldve found out at that time the Genesis was cheaper.
  • Alivethroughmusic
    Alivethroughmusic Members Posts: 94
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The GameGear was awesome! The graphics and sound were light years ahead of the Gameboy, I guess it just didn't have the right support.

I remember I got the blue one with the Lion king game when it came out. Great system though, just a massive lack of good games for the portable.