What Is A Psychopath?

Options
dan_the_man.com
dan_the_man.com Members Posts: 701
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
In this webcast Frank Ochberg explains what a psychopath is and why they do not get upset or excited about seeing the pain of others. People exist who are different from us and because they look like us it is potentially deadly to go through this life pretending that these people do not exist.

Comments

• dan_the_man.com
    dan_the_man.com Members Posts: 701
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Psychopaths are just terrible evil people yo.

Disgusting human beings.

LOL.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what about sociopaths???
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Best solution:

Don't trust anyone.
  • hh1234
    hh1234 Members Posts: 147
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they r what could happen if you have no conscience and serve no function other than to cause pain to people.personally i dont think regular laws should apply to them.if you killed and tortured a bunch of people you should be giving the same the kind of treatment.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i hope this isn't news to us all. Take a good look at serial killers. Or hardened gang bangers. They really don't give a ? . It's just all around best to avoid these people. And do not, I repeat, do not try to reason with a nutcase. They are unreasonable. Some of them do genuinely try to get help though.
  • Plutarch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    people have different ideas for words, but one popular definition of sociopath are people who are driven "crazy" by their society. They're bascially psychopaths but psychopaths are apparently "born" with their craziness. A sociopath would be a child that grows up in a ? infested neighborhood and, as a consequence of that, becomes a serial murderer or soemthing. So for me, the same rules that apply for a psychopath generally apply for a sociopath. Same thing.
  • Plutarch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I heard this what the KKK used to say, when they'd posse up, to go lynch Blacks.

interesting...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Learn about Leonard Lake and Charles Ng. And than one will truly know what a psychopath is.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Psychopaths are just terrible evil people yo.

Disgusting human beings.

LOL.

Word son. Serial killers are funny as hell.
  • Plutarch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Learn about Leonard Lake and Charles Ng. And than one will truly know what a psychopath is.

Disgusting. And Wikipedia says that Ng's trial cost the state of California $20 mil. Wow...

Another true example of a sociopath/psychopath is Carl Panzram. He is an epitome of antisocial. And I when I say antisocial, I'm talking in terms of it's literal definition, not the casual defintion that falls along the lines of "asocial", which has an entirely different meaning than "antisocial".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Panzram
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this is like two Lake/Ng references in two days. i think someone just read a book about this case...
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    this is like two Lake/Ng references in two days. i think someone just read a book about this case...

LOL yep I sure did! Good perception post. For anyone intro true crime books like I am, Die For Me is a must read. It's one of the scariest true life books I've ever read, I'm reading it for a second time, first time in my life I've ever read a book twice.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Disgusting. And Wikipedia says that Ng's trial cost the state of California $20 mil. Wow...

Another true example of a sociopath/psychopath is Carl Panzram. He is an epitome of antisocial. And I when I say antisocial, I'm talking in terms of it's literal definition, not the casual defintion that falls along the lines of "asocial", which has an entirely different meaning than "antisocial".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Panzram

Yes I know all about that monster. Carl Panzram ? little boys and grown men, murdered at least 20 of them, and even claims to have fed some African boys and men to alligators. He was ? as a child, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't born to be a serial killer but than again, who knows. To me, it's a 50/50 nurture/nature thing when it comes to psychopaths turning into serial killers. One can be born a ? and merely be a menace to society, but add in childhood trauma and a bleak existence and a serial killer is born.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ...I'm reading it for a second time, first time in my life I've ever read a book twice.
    this is going to sound flip, but... really? you've never read another book twice?

it is an interesting case though, this is true
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    this is going to sound flip, but... really? you've never read another book twice?

it is an interesting case though, this is true

Not including encyclopedias or school textbooks, I never have, and even in those cases I didn't read the whole book twice. Die For Me I'm reading top to bottom, cuz the case is that interesting
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    from my understanding "that's probably wrong"

A psychopath is someone who does things because there is a chemical imbalance in their head thats making them think a little demon wants them to murder 45 people with a hammer. They're not really good with people and dont even appear normal to others.

A sociopath on the other hand does not have that little voice. They just do it to be doing it cuz they really dont give a ? . They're great socially and only show small bursts of cruelty to others. They lie cheat and steal without blinking and know its wrong but really dont give a ? .
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    from my understanding "that's probably wrong"

A psychopath is someone who does things because there is a chemical imbalance in their head thats making them think a little demon wants them to murder 45 people with a hammer. They're not really good with people and dont even appear normal to others.

A sociopath on the other hand does not have that little voice. They just do it to be doing it cuz they really dont give a ? . They're great socially and only show small bursts of cruelty to others. They lie cheat and steal without blinking and know its wrong but really dont give a ? .
    Nah, the bolded describes a psychotic person.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Nah, the bolded describes a psychotic person.
    I typed my response before even clicking the link.

Plus you're right. And I was also wrong about sociopaths in general (according to this guy). Apparently there's no difference at all its just a matter of word usage :shrug
  • GrandDaddyPurple
    GrandDaddyPurple Members Posts: 42
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Any grown man in makeup and ? .
    They be some psychos they take it up the ass ? .

White ? like this who promote serial killing, dem ? programming dem youths to be killas in a fictional gang.
    Haha.
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My ex... close thread
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bbwthick23 wrote: »
    My ex... close thread

Why is he a psychopath?
  • wordupmayne
    wordupmayne Members Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i got an ex girlfriend that would fit into the category easy...she'd be listed on top 100 for doin some crazy slutty stuff that would make you sick
  • Alisterz
    Alisterz Members Posts: 11
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Psychopaths are social predators who charm, manipulate and ruthlessly plow their way through life and then eat you alive. LOL