krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Reason
Yea I said it

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Negative Premier body of work is better imo but Alchemist is close.
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Negative Premier body of work is better imo but Alchemist is close.

Alchemist is more versatile than Premier.

If you don't have an east coast style flow, you will sound horrible on a premier beat,

Alchemist makes everybody sound good. That track that had 3 6 Mafia on it on Chemical Warfare made Juicy J's verse sound much better than it was
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have always liked Alchemist beats, but Premo is a legend, so Premo it is but by a hair.
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    krow132 wrote: »

If you don't have an east coast style flow, you will sound horrible on a premier beat,

Alchemist makes everybody sound good. That track that had 3 6 Mafia on it on Chemical Warfare made Juicy J's verse sound much better than it was

Premier made Fred Durst of all people sound good on multiple beats. He also produced Christina Agulara last album and she sounded good over his ? . If any artist doesnt sound good over the beat its not the producers fault imo.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like alchemist ? more
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Premier made Fred Durst of all people sound good on multiple beats. He also produced Christina Agulara last album and she sounded good over his ? . If any artist doesnt sound good over the beat its not the producers fault imo.

But Christina is a dope singer. Vocally christina is one of the best.

My thing is Alchemist can craft different beats where you wouldn't know its alchemist. Alot of premier's beats sound the same.

I understand, Premier is a legend and Premier has done alot as far as impact, but if you take that away, i don't think Premier can see ALC.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I have always liked Alchemist beats, but Premo is a legend, so Premo it is but by a hair.

i got to agree with this. Preemo's are nice with that sample bbased gritty drums. Alchemist does more of those MPC booming sounds but both are dope. Alc is a bit more versatile but it's Preemo man... Alc preobably studied preemo

oh and threadstart lost for just throwing out a random opinion with no reasoning
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    i got to agree with this. Preemo's are nice with that sample bbased gritty drums. Alchemist does more of those MPC booming sounds but both are dope. Alc is a bit more versatile but it's Preemo man... Alc preobably studied preemo

oh and threadstart lost for just throwing out a random opinion with no reasoning

just gave reasoning homes.
  • ambiguous1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh and i did not like Chemical warfare at all... actually one of the worst CD's i bought in 2009. The beats were good but the rappers sucked ass on it. Minus that 36 song and that em one
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But Christina is a dope singer. Vocally christina is one of the best.

My thing is Alchemist can craft different beats where you wouldn't know its alchemist. Alot of premier's beats sound the same.

I understand, Premier is a legend and Premier has done alot as far as impact, but if you take that away, i don't think Premier can see ALC.

The Majority of Alc beats sound the same or very similar too imo.... I prefer Premo sound over Alch by slight margin imo
  • ambiguous1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    just gave reasoning homes.

2shay lol

and i hear ya, he is more versatile. I rap and i steal Alchemist beats all the time, but i thought chemical warfare was ? ?
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    oh and i did not like Chemical warfare at all... actually one of the worst CD's i bought in 2009. The beats were good but the rappers sucked ass on it. Minus that 36 song and that em one

can't agree with that
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is this a shock thread? LMAO...
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Even Alc would agree that Premo got this.

thumbs_up.jpg
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i agree, premo is so damn overrated...
  • AntnysWorld
    AntnysWorld Members Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As much I love Alchemist... Premier is just Premier. There were times when I wanted to call the man overrated, but then I had to reflect on what he did... We're talking about NY State Of Mind, I Gave You Power, Ten ? Commandments, D'Evils, When I B On The Mic, The 6th Sense, 2nd Childhood, etc. You can go on and on and on... when you take at look at what he's done you can't call him overrated. You might say " man that ? 's style don't change much! ", but even so the man's body of work speaks for itself. You couldn't say Jordan wasn't that dude because he used that fadeaway and it worked damn near every time. Premier's style is his fadeaway.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Alchemist ain't even better than Havoc
  • ef cuttin2.0
    ef cuttin2.0 Members Posts: 252
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Both are in my favorites, but Premo's overall body of work surpasses Al's.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

wrong, hes produced for snoop, luda, common, ras kass, lady of rage, cee lo, xzibit, etc... and all there tracks were banging, primo got too many classics under his belt and whenever an artist reaches out for 1 or 2 beats they end up being one of or the highlight of the album, even wack to average artist like group home, pitch black, guru all have classics over primo beats, primo is the goat
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

true story
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

^^^^^ what he said.

1st infantry is a slept on classic.
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Is this a shock thread? LMAO...

not at all.

Premier is a producer version of Biggie. Dudes act like hes untouchable
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Alchemist is way better than Havoc
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wrong, hes produced for snoop, luda, common, ras kass, lady of rage, cee lo, xzibit, etc... and all there tracks were banging, primo got too many classics under his belt and whenever an artist reaches out for 1 or 2 beats they end up being one of or the highlight of the album, even wack to average artist like group home, pitch black, guru all have classics over primo beats, primo is the goat

snoop and ceelo is the only one I'll give you.

but those other dudes, if you didn't know them, you would think they were east coast mcs