What the ? happened to Papoose

Options
krow132
krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Reason
I mean I know what happned, but Sheesh, has there ever been a rapper with a bigger buzz who remotely dissapeared of the face of the earth like this guy? 06-07 you couldn't check a mixtape website without seeing that guy all over the place.

Now sites won't even put his new mixtapes up.

Definition of that 50 Cent Line in Wanksta

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Used all of his best material on his early mixtapes that he run out of good things to say.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Used all of his best material on his early mixtapes that he run out of good things to say.

This right here and he wasn't able to put out good enough songs to sustain his buzz.
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and his topics became really limited and he tried desperately to create a "hit"

It is really sad what happened to that dude
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Where is hell rell too
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Where is hell rell too

yea, I remember the Streets Wanna Know mixtape.

that ? was hard. Dip Set at their prime
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    was this guy any good?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He's trash. That's what happened to him. LOL. He's always been trash, to me. His delivery was choppy. Metaphors and punchlines were corny...most of the time. He had no presence. I'e prolly hear 2-3 dope verses from son EVER.
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited March 2010
    Options
    homeboy was getting a million dollar deal and TURNED IT DOWN. he deserve to lose
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He's one of those rappers that was hot and now is not, dude can spit mad bars too bad he anit make it big. His best moments was that cypher on BET with Styles P and Lupe, ? Remy Ma and his beef with Fat Joe.
  • AntnysWorld
    AntnysWorld Members Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    Options
    duckmanpig wrote: »
    homeboy was getting a million dollar deal and TURNED IT DOWN. he deserve to lose

He didn't turn it down... he got released. They probably didn't know how to market him or something.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He just wasn't marketable enough, no New York punchline/metaphor rapper has had any level of success in a long time....maybe since Jadakiss dropped.

Nowadays you need a gimmick, you gotta be a ? , superthug, or on your way in or out of prison.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i didnt think he was that great to begin with, and didnt he have label problems or someting??? like didnt he get droped from a label??
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    He's one of those rappers that was hot and now is not, dude can spit mad bars too bad he anit make it big. His best moments was that cypher on BET with Styles P and Lupe, ? Remy Ma and his beef with Fat Joe.

I think that beef with Fat Joe was the beginning of his downfall. Cuz I remember saying to myself, why the ? is these ? even beefing. Thats some lame ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he can't write a song to save his life
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    duckmanpig wrote: »
    homeboy was getting a million dollar deal and turned it down. He deserve to lose

dude signed with jive for 1.5 million. They didn't know what to do with him so they released him. He got to keep his 1.5

he is a battle rapper. Good for guest spots and mixtapes. Dude cant write a hook for his life. Also over saturation . Dude came out with like a hundred mixtapes in like a year and a half timespan.

I see this topic like once every two weeks.
  • AntnysWorld
    AntnysWorld Members Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Nacirema Dream!
  • paper_boy
    paper_boy Members Posts: 165
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wtf is a papoose????????
  • krow132
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    dude signed with jive for 1.5 million. They didn't know what to do with him so they released him. He got to keep his 1.5

he is a battle rapper. Good for guest spots and mixtapes. Dude cant write a hook for his life. Also over saturation . Dude came out with like a hundred mixtapes in like a year and a half timespan.
    I see this topic like once every two weeks.

I never thought of that. You know that might be it
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He became a sucker for love to remy ma