Siccness Interview; talks selftitled album, "Robbery 101" & more

Options
Mr. Emil
Mr. Emil Members Posts: 96
edited March 2010 in The Reason
DSC_5454-450x299.jpg

HHiH got the chance to talk to OC rapper, Siccness. We talked about who he is, how he got into the music game, his upcoming selftitled album, his single “Robbery 101,” and more.

HHiH: What up Sic..? Thanks for doing this interview with HHiH.

Siccness: Nothing much my G, just been working, being a father, and recording new music nonstop for the album so you can say my schedule has been a little busy lately, LOL, and as far as doing the interview not a problem G, HIPHOPisHERE has always showed me love so it’s a must that I do the same.

HHiH: Let’s start with some basic info for those who don’t know who Siccness is. Who are you and where are you from?

Siccness: Ima Hustler an underdog by all means with an undeniable grind and I strive for the top no matter what obstacles are in my way and I originate from Orange County, Ca. That’s who Siccness is.

HHiH: For how long have you been doing this music thing and what got you into it?

Siccness: I’ve been recording music now for about 4 years but have always played around with it as a teen and as far as what got me into recording, I would say just having a love for all types of Music in general and being a big fan of Hip-Hop plus I have always had a very short temper at times so recording was also a way for me to release the anger that I had inside and allowed me to control my temper cause if I would get ? or upset instead of acting out and doing something that I would regret I would just pick up my notepad and write whatever I was feeling.

HHiH: You are currently working on yourself titled album. Tell us a little about it. What can we expect from this project?

Siccness: Yeah I’ve been in the studio nonstop since the very end of December recording for myself titled album “Siccness” and With this album everything is on point from production to the delivery to the lyrics to the mixing & mastering and I got a dope online promo team who are really pushing my music to the masses (Shout out to Emil from e-milcreativeservices.com and Shout out to Alexis from LatinaBeatz.com), So with this album I’m investing in myself and I’m not holding back cause after all if I’m not willing to invest in myself then why would anyone else want to, LOL, and so far the investing has paid off because “the sound is Real Official” and sounding like never before and everyone is starting to really take notice, so you can expect nothing but a Good Quality album that will be undeniable from me and from here on out that’s how all my future projects will be sounding.

HHiH: What producers and guest artists do you have on the album?

Siccness: As far as what producers I have on the album, well the album is going to be produced entirely by 3 individuals and those individuals are “Serf Show Productions”, “Epademik”, & “T-Dubb” as far as any other production goes of course production is always welcomed especially if it’s a Banger! But for this project I wanted to stick with these 3 certain guys, because every beat that I have been given by them so far has been nuts, so why would I want to change that up if it’s working, feel me? So anything new that you hear me on coming up in the future will more than likely be produced by one of them 3.

And as far as what guest artist that I have on the album, right now I got features from (Shady/Interscope) Recording Artist “Cashis”, I got features from (Universal/Hoopla) Recording Artist “Epademik” I got features from Metal/Rock vocalist “Joe Arnold” of the group “Project 1”. I tried reaching out to other established artist Like I got at “The Game” threw Twitter to drop a hook for my album, but I guess all he got time to do is tweet about his Playstation, LOL and I also got at “DJ Babu” via twitter as well to do some scratching on one of my tracks but he never got back at me, so I guess cause I’m not established yet, that they weren’t trying to pay me no attention, LOL, It’s all Hood I aint tripping cause ima do me, ? I Also reached out to “Nipsey Hussle” to drop a 16 on my album threw a mutual acquaintance that we have, but right now nothing is for sure so will see what happens as time passes.

HHiH: Do you have a release date for it yet?

Siccness: No as of right now there is no set release date because once the album is finished the plan is to shop it to a major label then if that works out they will end up setting the release date, so right now I’m just recording nonstop that way there are several dozens of tracks to pick threw when I’m ready to put it all together.

HHiH: You recently put out a new song, “Robbery 101″ (It was featured on the first volume of the HHiH mixtape series). It got the streets talking. Did it get the kind of response you expected it to get?

Siccness: Yeah it did, I got a lot of good feedback from all areas, pretty much everyone was feeling it, a lot of people were really impressed with my delivery on this track, saying that it was on point and that they can’t wait to hear what else that I have recorded for the new album and believe it or not “Robbery 101” is a really dope track but it’s actually the weakest track that has been recorded so far, so it puts a smile on my face knowing that they are feeling this track and knowing that I got a bunch of other tracks that are better then this one that haven’t even been released yet, That’s a good feeling to have.

HHiH: Some people are saying that you ripped off 50 Cent’s “How to Rob” song though. What do you say about that?

Siccness: I wouldn’t say that I ripped it off I would say that I was influenced by 50 cents “How To Rob”, It was the same concept as 50’s song but with different artist getting robbed and with an original beat so how can people say that I ripped it off? They would have to be a ? to think that, That’s like saying that whoever is talking about Bling, Cars, & Jewelry is ripping off cash money or that’s like saying who ever raps about Pimping Hoes and calling em ? is ripping off Too $hort, Its not ripping the artist off its just being influenced by them.

HHiH: I agree with you there.. Are you working on any other projects besides the album?

Siccness: Well at the same time as I work on the self titled album “Siccness” I’m actually working on 2 E.P.’s as well which are currently untitled and each E.P. is going to have 6-7 new songs on em, and then I got my website SiccnessMusic.com that I just launched a couple months ago and I’m just getting ready to launch a new “Siccness Blog” on my website where Ima bring up certain stuff that’s been on my mind lately that I want people’s opinions on, for example some of the Blog Topics will be “? Talking Within Your Circle”, “Definitions: do u do what u say”, & “Procrastination will get you No Where” just to name a few of the topics so be on the lookout for that as well cause that will be real interesting and cut throat, and I will respond back to any comments left, I’m not on no Hollywood type ? , I keep it real.

HHiH: If we want to see you perform live, where should we go? Do you have any shows scheduled?

Siccness: Well currently I don’t have any shows scheduled and that’s due to the fact that I’m working on my new album and want to stay focused with that but there will be upcoming shows in the future not sure when but you can probably say more towards the end of the summer so promoters if you want to contact me for shows just email siccnessmusic.promo@gmail.com.

HHiH: For those who wants to learn more about you and listen to your music, where should they go? Do you have a website?

Siccness: You can get everything “Siccness” on www.SiccnessMusic.com or you can also go to my other affiliated sites as well like Twitter.com/SiccnessMusic, MySapce.com/SiccnessMusic, or YouTube.com/SiccnessMusic.

HHiH: That was the questions I had for you. If there’s anything you want to say to those who are reading this, here’s your chance.

Siccness: Keep your eyes and ears open cause ima make a name for myself in this music industry one way or another and also for those who have supported me along the way It’s appreciated and I won’t forget that you held me down and for those of you who didn’t support me or don’t support me, You sleeping and need to wake up.

http://www.hiphopishere.com/2010/03/30/siccness-interview/