Is hip-hop a cycle?

Options
jonlakadeadmic
jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Reason
I find myself in constant arguments defending the legends of the rap game with younger heads. But will these young kids who are ignorant about the history of hiphop have to defend the lil waynes and the guccis and the drakes when these artists start to get into their 40s to the generation after them? hope your following...But it could just be a never ending cycle of kids who enjoy the artists of their time and disrespect the elders. I know their will always be true hiphop heads like myself that understand the big picture but thats not the norm in my opinion.

Comments

• mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What does Lil Wayne and Gucci have to do with anything and why are they even in the same sentence? Old people never want to accept anything and always want to make it seem like their era was better and blah blah. GTFOH!!! And BTW i'm 30 plus andi can admit that 90's hip hop was no Utopia of classics being released every week. ? just remember the good and forget about all the garbage that released in that time period. The same thing for the cats from the 00's will only remember the good and complain to younger cats from the 10's. THAT IS THE NEVER ENDING CYCLE. Just remember that even in the golden age people were complaining about the same thing they complain about today.

Getwitcha
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lyfe is a cycle...