Red Band Drive Trailer Crashes Online

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Red Band Drive Trailer Crashes Online
Ryan Gosling is behind the wheel
22 July 2011 | Written by Owen Williams | Source: IGN

We've had our Fast Fives and our Drive Angrys, but it's been a while since anyone delivered a properly grown-up car-chase movie. As if in answer to that very call then, here's the US trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive, which screeched through Comic-Con and pulled up at IGN.

There's plenty of plot detail in amongst the action, so you'll easily glean from the clip that Ryan Gosling is a Hollywood stunt driver who moonlights as a wheelman for shady types until a heist goes awry and he finds himself with a price on his head.

Advance word on this is strong. The trailer may have a conventional thriller feel to it, but you should definitely expect the same sense of Refn auteurship that was writ large in the eccentric Bronson and the frankly mental Valhalla Rising. Gosling's Drive character is unnamed but don't expect a homage to Ryan O'Neal's taciturn turn in Walter Hill's The Driver in this promo. There's dialogue here; there's plot; there's action; there's romance.

There's also a very strong supporting cast, built out of Carey Mulligan, Ron Perlman, Bryan Cranston, Oscar Isaac, Christina Hendricks and an against-type Albert Brooks. UK audiences can take delivery of the full Drive package on September 23.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31551

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2011
    Options
    New Drive Trailer Motors In
    Ryan Gosling gets violent
    11 August 2011 | Written by James White

If you’ve been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Bronson director Nicolas Winding Refn’s scorching new thriller Drive, you don’t have to wait much longer as it finally gets here next month. But to keep your anticipation levels in the red zone, we’re happy to present the new trailer, which you can watch below.

Ryan Gosling stars as a Hollywood stunt driver, a man who prefers to live by his own rules and moonlights as one of the best getaway drivers-for-hire in the criminal world. But when he’s called in to do a job for the husband of his beautiful neighbour Irene (Carey Mulligan), he suddenly finds himself the target of some very dangerous men. Soon, to keep Irene and her son alive, he’ll need to use all his skills…

Drive not only boasts that cracking central pairing and some amazing cinematography shot around LA, but also the talents of actors such as Ron Perlman, Christina Hendricks, Oscar Isaac, Bryan Cranston and Albert Brooks, who we promise you’ll never quite view the same way again.

There are also some still for the film, which you can check out in the gallery...
    53800.jpg 53799.jpg
    53798.jpg 53797.jpg

Winding picked up the Best Director prize at Cannes for this, and we’ll all soon see why. Drive pulls into cinemas on September 23.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?nid=31744
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    One of my most anticipated movies for '11
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's quite a few films coming out later this year that I really want to see, this is definitely one of them. I really liked Bronson.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2011
    Options
    New Drive Banners Online
    Ryan Gosling goes vroom
    30 August 2011 | Written by Helen O'Hara | Source: IMP Awards

Hey, do you like insanely cool films with moments of crunching violence? Have you often wished you had a nifty 50s style coat with a scorpion embroidered on the back and could drive really fast but completely expertly? In that case you'll love Drive, the new film from Nicolas Winding-Refn, and the film's new character banners below.
    54164.jpg 54165.jpg
    54166.jpg 54167.jpg
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2011
    Options
    54168.jpg 54169.jpg
    54170.jpg

The LA-set thriller stars Ryan Gosling as the unnamed driver who makes a living performing movie stunts by day and driving getaway for robbers by night. Carey Mulligan's his neighbour, Oscar Isaac's her ex-con husband and Bryan Cranston is the driver's hard-luck mentor. Albert Brooks and Ron Perlman play a couple of well-off gangsters who fund Cranston's ambitions, while Christina Hendricks turns up as, well, another sort of lowlife.

Drive is out in the UK on September 23.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31908
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The screener for this is out.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yea I got the screener, heard the movie is great

Walt (Bryan Cranston) from Breaking Bad is in it so I know its good
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Watched it over the weekend

Solid ?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just been watching it right now, but apparently the leaked version just a workcopy and is different to the theatrical version so I'm gonna have to venture out and see it when I can. From the leaked version alone though I did really like it, though I'm guessing I'd enjoy the final version far more.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just been watching it right now, but apparently the leaked version just a workcopy and is different to the theatrical version so I'm gonna have to venture out and see it when I can. From the leaked version alone though I did really like it, though I'm guessing I'd enjoy the final version far more.

i saw it in the movies the other day great movie probably my favorite movie this year they really pay homage to the 80s in it, im downloading a screener now but im not sure if its workcopy or the screener but if its workcopy i'll let you know if its different
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Great movie, ? was dope and realistic. Wasn't ? on top of cars while it's goin 80 and shootin people, no over the top ? .
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    i saw it in the movies the other day great movie probably my favorite movie this year they really pay homage to the 80s in it, im downloading a screener now but im not sure if its workcopy or the screener but if its workcopy i'll let you know if its different

it was def a workprint, I didnt see the theater version but I can tell some special fx were missing and it seems like it was missing scenes

I heard the soundtrack wasnt the same either
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it was def a workprint, I didnt see the theater version but I can tell some special fx were missing and it seems like it was missing scenes

I heard the soundtrack wasnt the same either

The theatrical version has the Cliff Martinez score.
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this movie is great, I didnt really appreciate it after watching the screener but I just saw the finished version and its amazing
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this movie is great, I didnt really appreciate it after watching the screener but I just saw the finished version and its amazing

Is the finished version on the interwebz yet?
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2011
    Options