Can two pretty people make it long-term?

Options
Niggersauce
Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Lets say for thread purposes on a scale from 1-10

6-10 is a relatively attractive person
0-5 is a relatively unattractive person (yes there can be 0's)

I was listening to the radio on the way to work and they were talking about this "chaser and settler" role in long term relationships. Basically its that one person in the relationship is the more attractive and sought after (settler), while one is less attractive and is seeking the other (chaser). I got to thinking, a lot of the times i see the older couples that have some real years under their belt; either both are relatively unattractive, or one is attractive while the other is not. The kicker is these people are happy/content with their situation and make it long term.

Now i think about how many celebrities, models, or just plain every day attractive people don't seem to make it too long with someone that is on the same side of the scale. I look through some pictures from some older couples younger days, and the "chaser and settler" role rings true.

Personally the worst relationship i have ever been in was with a chick that was an 8 or 9. Had an on and off 2 year thing going.
The best relationship is with the woman i am with currently, we have our scuffles like everyone else but i am pretty content with the situation..I would say she is a 4.

Now i know a lot of us rate ourselves 7s when we are really 3s, but hey lets keep it honest. You think the "chaser and settler" role rings true?

Comments

• kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Does your girl know you consider her a 4?
  • Niggersauce
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Of course not...I know better than to tell women the truth unless it benefits them LOL.

Go ahead and grace me with a thread oriented response tho...
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so, youre a 4 and your girl is a 4.

what is the point of this thread? Just to prove two average people are together? Congrats on your working relationship :)
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so, youre a 4 and your girl is a 4.

what is the point of this thread? Just to prove two average people are together? Congrats on your working relationship :)

he asking can 2 9s work
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    he asking can 2 9s work

im no idiot. I understood the full context of what he was saying...

Yet he was alluding that he was an 8+. Now, you understand the point of my post? :)
  • ceothachosen1
    edited July 2011
    Options

Yet he was alluding that he was an 8+. Now, you understand the point of my post? :)
    I saw what u was doing lol but im interested in peoples opinions on the subject
  • kat2180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't see why not..

Personally I want a mate that is in a similar place on the scale as me.
  • ceothachosen1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    I don't see why not..

Personally I want a mate that is in a similar place on the scale as me.

where do u place yourself on the scale?
  • kat2180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    According to the scale in the original post, at least a 6.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    good thread to me I would say it depends on enviroment,
    if both ppl live in a big city and have very active social lives the answer is probably no
    because everybody and every relationships have flaws and the more u meet members of the opposite sex.
    you will compare them to your spouse,because ppl tend to want what they dont have.\

now if you guys are both homebodys or u live in a smalltown far ways suburb or smalltown
    ,maybe it could work because of lack of credible options to ur mate.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    just dont procreate u ugly motherfuckas
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A 4?

YouR girl aint even average?..

Fonk that.. Yall aint ordinary
  • Niggersauce
    edited July 2011
    Options

LOL i can't believe thats what you got out of the opening post.

It's too bad you haven't grabbed a 6+ yet, but it must be tough with jimmy dean breakfast fingers and a body you are so ashamed of that you still taking webcam myspace angle pictures.

Ill assign you a 3 since you were so kind to rate me, and since we all know fat people are afraid of scales.

@kat, honestly where do you place your man on the scale?
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think it's true, my mom looks wayyy better than my dad lol and they've been together 31 years. It's the same with my sister & her fiance he's hideous and she beautiful and they seem like they're perfectly happy.
  • Niggersauce
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A 4?

YouR girl aint even average?..

Fonk that.. Yall aint ordinary

Not according to me, but looks ain't everything brah...im worried about being content.
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's all about the connection.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yes two 9's or 8's or even 10's could work if they have self control
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    just dont procreate u ugly motherfuckas

• Niggersauce
    edited July 2011
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    yes two 9's or 8's or even 10's could work if they have self control

Well anything "could" work given certain circumstances...but when is the last time you seen two 8-10s in a decent relationship PERIOD... even like 5 years.

1-2 years max they callin it quits
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dainty wrote: »
    i think it's true, my mom looks wayyy better than my dad lol and they've been together 31 years. It's the same with my sister & her fiance he's hideous and she beautiful and they seem like they're perfectly happy.

well dam.. Tell em how you really feel!
  • kat2180
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hmm...I would say he's a 6. He's attractive...well he is to me at least.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? make sense, I agree with politicalthug as well about city life and opportunity...only people I can think of making it so far are will and jada and brad pitt and angelina jolie(nh)
    It does seem more rare though
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    aint t/s the same ? that said his girl ? and sucking another ? and he gone stay with her

damn ? you must got some low self esteem to stick by a 4 if she ? off on you
  • Niggersauce
    edited July 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Hmm...I would say he's a 6. He's attractive...well he is to me at least.

See thats my thing tho, i find my girl attractive but if i gotta think outside the box to be fair.

If someone were to just show me a picture of the chick im with now and i didn't know her at all, id give her an honest 4.

4-7 are midrange values that i consider average...alot of people assign these values if they aren't really sure at the time what to throw out. Its the extremes that point to something serious. If someone is a 3 you know what it is, if someone is an 8 you know what it is.

@esbee I'm just playin my cards how they are dealt, im not in a rush to be single because in my immediate area there aren't alot of women that i am interested in honestly. I'm just trying to stay positive out here brah.

Besides, if it was your in your best interest to leave a chick for whatever reason, i would hope that her being more attractive wouldn't be a conflict point.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ive been recently rated a 9.5

my ? define delicateness