Why Are People So Shady/Sneaky/Selfish? (Is It Me Or Is That In People's Genes?)

Options
YC11
YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Why?

Why are people NEVER upfront and straightup like they ought to be?

Example 1... if you can't make it somewhere, tell me you can't, don't drag it out, say you will, you might, you could, and end up not showing up and make some lame excuses later on.

Example 2... if you borrow money, PAY IT BACK. Don't run away, hide and make some lame excuses esp when it's not thousands you owe to begin with. Why do people try to pull the fast one and act like they never took your money to begin with?

Example 3... if you got beef with someone on specific issue, tell them about that specific issue straightup, instead of making lame negative remarks, with sarcasm, cynicism, and trying to ruin the good vibe a person has to make yourselves feel better.

Why is it SO ? HARD???

I always prefered to believe people should do the right thing, and not act like such shady ? ... but why are people like this?

There are so many terrible things happening around the world, why do people waste SO MUCH ENERGY being such ? made ? , instead of being genuine and upfront? Esp on such trivial issues like these?

Is it easy being bad?

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Blame yourself for that, B. No one should ever complain about the company they keep more than once. Because you can always just choose to surround yourself with better people.
  • YC11
    edited July 2011
    Options
    True.

I guess I have bad luck when it comes to friends, acquaintances, whatever.

People just take advantage of me whenever they can... kindness never gets returned with kindness these days, world we living in, people don't give a ? about anything.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    YC11 wrote: »
    Why?

Example 1... if you can't make it somewhere, tell me you can't, don't drag it out, say you will, you might, you could, and end up not showing up and make some lame excuses later on.

flakey unreliable ass ? deserve nothing but death. i hate that ?
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    YC11 wrote: »
    Why?

Why are people NEVER upfront and straightup like they ought to be?

My friend confronted me about that. Reason that ? happens all the time is that he calls me like lets meet at 5 i tell him no i wont make before 6 he will be like hurry up a little and lets meet at 5.15. after that i say okay i will try to hurry up and hang up.

then when i dont arrive at 5.15 he will start ? and i'm like why did you think i said i cant be there before 6, you think just cause you say hurry up and i say aight just to stop you from annoyin me all over sudden things happen faster? so i told him next time call me and ask me when do you have some time and dont call and say lets meet at 5. sometimes things are simpler than you think.
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited July 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Blame yourself for that, B. No one should ever complain about the company they keep more than once. Because you can always just choose to surround yourself with better people.

True. Especially when loaning out money. I hate having to track people down and I hate when I get mad and people say ''if you didn't have it then you shouldn't have given it out''. Those same people now call me stingy. lol. Should have given me my bread and should have never given me that advice. There are only 2 people I'll loan money to now.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well, lying IS a sign of intelligence. Earlier your child lies, the smarter that child is (look it up).

In adults, though, I think things aren't all that black and white. Like the example above, you got irritating-ass friends who hear no and keep pushing the damn issue like you control time and space. I usually get calls like that at work, so I don't have time to go back and forth with, "No, but I seriously can't make it until 7" until ? A accepts reality. Cases like that, the truth is told: I can't make it until 7. Just because you beg, I say "fine," doesn't make me responsible for them thinking I've suddenly manipulated my time to fit their want. I just can't be on the phone at work trying to coddle their monkey ass.

Borrowing money I don't do, aside from my mom, so I don't worry about that.

I don't talk about beef unless pressed. I just get quiet. I'm not being shady or deceptive. Everyone doesn't like talking about their feelings when they're feeling them. When I'm mad, I'd sooner be quiet and gather my thoughts. Alternatively, if I'm pushed, I'd like nothing more than to cave your head in with a brick than talk it out. When I'm in a good mood, I'll back track and then talk about why you ? me off earlier.

I also assume people who take cheap shots are slowly working their aggression out, so it doesn't bother me to a degree. I'd much rather someone be passive aggressive with me if they aren't going to talk it out because, like my aunt said, "The problem with a violent, I-don't-give-damn attitude is when you run into someone else with it." Plus, when I'm in a good mood, I can ? talk all day. Roasting sessions are light work.

Just because everybody doesn't approach a situation like you do doesn't make the world full of raging ? .
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Members Posts: 355
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Because people are stupid.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Some people dont know how to live in society but they think they do.You just gotta avoid them until they are all up on your face then you smash them.Thats how it is.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

• American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Do y'all call people out on their bullsh*t? Or is it petty.

I like to call chicks out on their ? just so they don't think they got one over on me.
  • Guercio
    Guercio Members Posts: 25
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Maybe you shouldn't take these things personally. Everyone has their own lives and there is just not enough time for you to get everyone to do things your way. If you take other people's behaviour to heart then really it could be said you're even more self centred than they are to you.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    sadly, if u look around those are the people that get ahead in life. Plus people like u always let them get away with it so why should they bother changing their ways?
  • YC11
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sadly, if u look around those are the people that get ahead in life. Plus people like u always let them get away with it so why should they bother changing their ways?

You see, that's why I don't understand.

I made my money, I got a house, I'm 23 years old, about to pay that ? off in 4-5 years max.

I ALWAYS keep my promise.

I NEVER cheat people out their money.

I NEVER talk about doing something I can't fullfill, no false promise.

People can justify it all day if you want, but I'm a straightup person, always have been... and yes, I do cut off people who do this to me, but my question is simply... WHY WOULD YOU WANT to live like this to begin with?

It ain't like these people I talked about are liiving fabulous lives, they work in warehouses, fastfood restaurants, some ? jobs after graduatiing university even... I mean, ? , I say they got what they deserved acting like they do.

To clear ? up... the stuff I bring up isn't like ? over someone in a major financial business deal to make millions and get filthy rich, I'M TALKING PETTY ? ? THAT DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE but people still do it and ? up their dignity, respect and finally, friendship.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Do y'all call people out on their bullsh*t? Or is it petty.

I like to call chicks out on their ? just so they don't think they got one over on me.

I do..I call people out on ? daily... it's not petty because the fact that they're ? up and myself and everyone else sees it but that person.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's the way of the world b. There's good and bad people everywhere and our society enjoys sugar coating much more than it enjoys the real.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    there are good people and bad people in this world.

you might just want to analyze who you are hanging out with and why you are hanging with them. change your scenery!