If Eagles Don't Win the Superbowl This Year, Epic Failure

Options

Comments

• arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So talkin that good ? i the "taking his talents to philly" thread but then at the same time complaining that u don't have voltron at every other position in this thread is what's hot in the streets now? forget that ? . this is the nfl, everybody is lackin at some position. eagles got hellish passing game, running game, and a secondary, which is more than anyone in the nfc east. ur a lock to win the nfc east and secure a first round bye. lol don't be scared homie
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    smh @ somebody callin the Iggles the "Dream Team". Vick is one hit away from being out for weeks.

redskins-hit-on-vick-o.gif
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So talkin that good ? i the "taking his talents to philly" thread but then at the same time complaining that u don't have voltron at every other position in this thread is what's hot in the streets now? forget that ? . this is the nfl, everybody is lackin at some position. eagles got hellish passing game, running game, and a secondary, which is more than anyone in the nfc east. ur a lock to win the nfc east and secure a first round bye. lol don't be scared homie

Ironically, PFT is already comparing the Eagles to the Miami Heat...

Thanks to a one Vincent Young....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/vince-young-declares-the-eagles-to-be-a-dream-team/

superteamx-large-e1312046559878.jpg?w=250
    “From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-]Cromartie, to Jason [Babin] to myself,“ Young told the media on Saturday, according to Tim McManus of PhillySportsDaily.com. “I know they are going to do some more things. . . . It’s just beautiful to see where we’re trying to go.”

All that’s missing are the fog machines, the spotlights, and expectations that can be achieved only if the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

Love how he left out Mr. Vick yet added "myself". smh. Gotsta be a texas Shlonghorn to say some dumb ? like that.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ironically, PFT is already comparing the Eagles to the Miami Heat...

Thanks to a one Vincent Young....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/vince-young-declares-the-eagles-to-be-a-dream-team/

Love how he left out Mr. Vick yet added "myself". smh. Gotsta be a texas Shlonghorn to say some dumb ? like that.

You just had to throw darts huh....
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol at Vince including his self like he no insurance...You just there to keep Vick healthy 4 the playoffs bruh
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like what the FO is doing in Philly but they still need to address certain areas. Notably the lb position and the running game. I wouldnt pop the cork just yet. Trust me I know best imma heat fan, lol.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hopefully Vick can stay healthy during the year. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Eagles perform this year.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    smh @ somebody callin the Iggles the "Dream Team". Vick is one hit away from being out for weeks.

redskins-hit-on-vick-o.gif

man every nfl team is one hit away from their season being ? up, just because vick is MORE injury prone doesn't mean ? ......
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Still gotta get a linebacker and a right tackle, but I can see why we are the favorites though
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited July 2011
    Options

No one is scared I'm just speaking the truth. Do I think we're gonna make the playoffs and get a first round bye, hell yea and thats what I'll stick to. But football is not basketball, you can't look @ a team on paper and KNOW they gonna go 12-4, 13-3, etc. And don't act like having a weakness up front isn't somewhat of a big deal, ? I'd take an elite front 7 over an elite secondary.....
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No one is scared I'm just speaking the truth. Do I think we're gonna make the playoffs and get a first round bye, hell yea and thats what I'll stick to. But football is not basketball, you can't look @ a team on paper and KNOW they gonna go 12-4, 13-3, etc. And don't act like having a weakness up front isn't somewhat of a big deal, ? I'd take an elite front 7 over an elite secondary.....

^^^^^ Knows football post.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^ Knows football post.

just the man I was looking for. Yo whats good with grimes fam? I haven't heard ? about a new contract or anything........
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    eagles still have o line issues and lb issues. Teams will run on them.they are not invincible. Green Bay is still loaded, Pittsburh, NE, Jets are all contenders and Atl and New Orleans are there as well. The NFC East is still gonna be a tough division
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    just the man I was looking for. Yo whats good with grimes fam? I haven't heard ? about a new contract or anything........

Most teams are dragging their feet with restricted free agents, 'cause they know they're not going anywhere. He'll get his paper -- Dimitroff already guaranteed it. Plus, he was one of the main players at all of the unofficial OTA's this year.

If he does dip, I'll be officially on Raider/Nnamdi suicide watch. We can still win without him, but he's been my favorite Falcon for 3 years now.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Most teams are dragging their feet with restricted free agents, 'cause they know they're not going anywhere. He'll get his paper -- Dimitroff already guaranteed it. Plus, he was one of the main players at all of the unofficial OTA's this year.

If he does dip, I'll be officially on Raider/Nnamdi suicide watch. We can still win without him, but he's been my favorite Falcon for 3 years now.

I figured that, just weird I haven't heard ONE WORD about him. He's prolly one of my fav players in the league not wearing an eagles uniform so I had to check....
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited July 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    eagles still have o line issues and lb issues. Teams will run on them.they are not invincible. Green Bay is still loaded, Pittsburh, NE, Jets are all contenders and Atl and New Orleans are there as well. The NFC East is still gonna be a tough division

hate to say it but I agree with this. If you wanna be real all our off-season did was make us AS DEEP as Green Bay @ best.... once again not saying I don't have confidence in my squad because you can bet ya last damn dollar I do, I'm just a realist.....
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I figured that, just weird I haven't heard ONE WORD about him. He's prolly one of my fav players in the league not wearing an eagles uniform so I had to check....

He's from Philly too....

...But don't get no ideas, ? . Y'all already got 17 CBs as it is. lol
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

giants have a great passing, rushing, one of the best d-lines and a great secondary. The one problem with the giants last year turnovers we had 42 and still had 10 wins, If our offense can cut that down well be fine
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    its over......
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited July 2011
    Options
    on paper they improved, but green bay, pittsburgh, new england, are still very capable of beating philly. But philly looks strong for sure.

actually philly was only a missed field goal from beating gb, if im not mistaken, if dude had made his fg, eagles would have only had to kick a fg for the win over gb, and vick may have not thrown that pick, if im remembering correctly.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I still have greenbay as the best team tramon williams and woodsin r still the best duo. Im not even a packers fan.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    man every nfl team is one hit away from their season being ? up, just because vick is MORE injury prone doesn't mean ? ......

Sure it does that's why u said it and why Philly wasted no time signing a semi quality Qb. How many times have Vick played a complete 16 game season?
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    backers and safety are still a concern. Jackson could be a distraction if he doesn't get what he wants. Also need to see what Vick does in his second year as a starter in the system. Will he continue to work hard or will he become complacent.
  • Mellow Hype
    Mellow Hype Members Posts: 916
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Dallas no threat...lucky to go 8-8

lol. really???
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the same could be said for alot of teams tho