Rock vs Cena maybe the headliner for Wrestlemaina XXVIII, But CM Punk vs....

Options
JYo79
JYo79 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
The Undertaker could be the show stopper the streak vs wwe championship and cm punk wins in a classic ending the streak and going on to legendary status

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I personally think WWE wants Undertaker to retire with the streak to make a DVD about all of his Wrestlemania wins. They know people will eat it up.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Undertaker's streak should not end. I think that's his only real legacy at this time. He's a legend period, but the streak is his legacy.

CM Punk vs Austin would be a bigger draw than Cena vs Rock at this point honestly.

Undertaker vs Chris Jericho or even vs Randy Orton again would be good.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    is taker even coming back? lol dudes been gone forever
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you probably only going to see undertaker wrestling now days around wrestlemania time
  • TrueGodHS
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you probably only going to see undertaker wrestling now days around wrestlemania time

Co-sign this. Taker bout to hang it up soon
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    Undertaker's streak should not end. I think that's his only real legacy at this time. He's a legend period, but the streak is his legacy.

CM Punk vs Austin would be a bigger draw than Cena vs Rock at this point honestly.

Undertaker vs Chris Jericho or even vs Randy Orton again would be good.

No doubt!!! that's what the real fans wanna see!!! to be honest... Rock/Cena is gonna blow! Their match is gonna be worse then when The Rock faced off against Hogan at WM-18. It's funny how The Rock was the rebound to that match when Austin refused to work with Hogan's ? ass. And we all know who Cena really wants his dream match to be against...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You guys must be living on the Internet if you think Punk vs Austin would draw more than Cena vs Rock. Punk isnt on Cena's level in terms of overall popularity. Punk is good but he's no Austin No Rock... he's not some ? to wrestling... damn I remembered being a ? punk fan for many years, but now all these new fans are starting to make me not even like him...

btw his new music sucks even if its his old ROH theme music. ? reminds me of thisbut 10x cornier...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    we might get hhh vs cm punk at wm 28 it makes more sense imo.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    we might get hhh vs cm punk at wm 28 it makes more sense imo.

That would be corny.

No matter the match Rock v Cena will be the headliner. Theyre gonna push that so much. Punk v Del Rio IMO right now is the better match/storyline.
  • IceManKam
    edited August 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    That would be corny.

No matter the match Rock v Cena will be the headliner. Theyre gonna push that so much. Punk v Del Rio IMO right now is the better match/storyline.
    Thats what we've been talking about.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's funny how The Rock needs these kind of matches to keep him relevant in the wrestling world. I think it's a slap to the face to other guys who should be in the main event at WM then someone who hasn't wrestled in 7 years or so and to come back and headline the WWE's biggest event. And he's not even back full time. He's made a couple of appearances this year and probably won't be back to get this ? going with Cena until February/March. And there's been talks about Cena holding onto the belt and making his match against The Rock a championship match??? That's a bunch of ? ... If The Rock beats Cena and wins the title it will be a slap in the face to everyone on the WWE roster who's more deserving. The Rock doesn't need to add onto anymore of his overrated wrestling career. It does nothing for him... As much as I dislike Cena, he needs to beat The Rock.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Del Rio vs Punk... now thats cool. respectable. can go somewhere. Email WWE with this.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    That would be corny.

with all the shots punk has thrown at hhh this summer, it only makes sense they go that direction. punk going over triple h at wm would be huge.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Punk nor anyone will end the streak
  • TrueGodHS
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Punk vs Del Rio would be wack for Wrestlemania... Del Rio is mad overrated for real.

Punk vs Austin or Punk vs HHH or Punk vs Taker would be the bigger match or bigger draw... Punk vs Del Rio could work for like a Survivor Series/TLC type of feud.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's funny how The Rock needs these kind of matches to keep him relevant in the wrestling world. I think it's a slap to the face to other guys who should be in the main event at WM then someone who hasn't wrestled in 7 years or so and to come back and headline the WWE's biggest event. And he's not even back full time. He's made a couple of appearances this year and probably won't be back to get this ? going with Cena until February/March. And there's been talks about Cena holding onto the belt and making his match against The Rock a championship match??? That's a bunch of ? ... If The Rock beats Cena and wins the title it will be a slap in the face to everyone on the WWE roster who's more deserving. The Rock doesn't need to add onto anymore of his overrated wrestling career. It does nothing for him... As much as I dislike Cena, he needs to beat The Rock.

As much as I hate Cena for his character........I would co-sign this to turn his character heel.

The fans would "riot" if Cena were to beat Rock. This would put Cena into the role of villain. If you think the verbals between the two now is making Cena out to be the villain, imagine if he beats him in a match during 'Mania. The place would boo him out of the building.

Someone said last week or so, that Rock is notorious for letting guys get over on him when he clearly out-dueled them on the mic to set up their matches; this will be no different for Rock. The Rock himself said that he doesn't need wrestling anymore to accomplish anything in this world, yet, Cena is still struggling to find acceptance amongst the fans. A good majority of the people want to see Cena "change", and that change is to be a full fledged heel. And people say, the only way to do that is for Cena to go against Undertaker at 'Mania and break the streak. Nahh, he can achieve that goal of uber villain by beating Rock, when it's clear that Rock is the better man. Cena needs this change or he'll continue to be boo'ed even though he's the super hero of the WWE. He has little to no respect from a good portion of the fans, but they are willing to cheer him if he "changes". The Rock doesn't need to win at 'Mania because he'll be over with the loss and a win does nothing for him. But Cena, up to this point, has been embarrassed by Rock via videos, tweets, facebook, etc; and as history goes, Rock wins on the dueling mics, but takes the loss at the event to get the other guy over.

So having Cena win at 'Mania only makes sense, and it also protects the WWE golden boy. Whether they turn him heel or not, it helps Cena. The Rock doesn't need to win, but Cena does in some twisted common sense sort of way.
  • TaylorGang™
    TaylorGang™ Members Posts: 88
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? a mixed reaction.. no grown adult ? with cena. they need to keep it real. the rock NEEDS to beat cena. it would be pointless for the rock to talk all this ? just to end up losin at WM
  • TaylorGang™
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im tellin u, if it wasnt for punk.. wrestling wouldnt be ? right now. im more interested in seein who punk faces & beats at WM.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im tellin u, if it wasnt for punk.. wrestling wouldnt be ? right now. im more interested in seein who punk faces & beats at WM.

This! I couldn't agree more! Who Punk faces at WM is what I'm looking forward to the most! But to your other post about Rock/Cena. The Rock doesn't need to beat Cena. He doesn't need to add that on to his wrestling career. It will do nothing for him. Whether we like it or not Cena is the face of wrestling and needs and should get the win over The Rock.
  • TaylorGang™
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This! I couldn't agree more! Who Punk faces at WM is what I'm looking forward to the most! But to your other post about Rock/Cena. The Rock doesn't need to beat Cena. He doesn't need to add that on to his wrestling career. Whether we like it or not Cena is the face of wrestling and needs and should get the win over The Rock.
    i agree that the rock doesnt need it, but cena shouldnt beat em.. that would ? up the rock's wrestling career.. comin back after 7 yrs to get beat by the 5 moves of doom? he would be a joke
  • IceManKam
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i agree that the rock doesnt need it, but cena shouldnt beat em.. that would ? up the rock's wrestling career.. comin back after 7 yrs to get beat by the 5 moves of doom? he would be a joke
    this could happen, and rock just claims he went easy for the kiddies/pretty rusty, have a rematch at the event after WM and win
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2011
    Options

I don't think The Rock losing to Cena at WM would put a dent on his wrestling career to be quite honest. If The Rock wins it does nothing for him. Cause after WM he will be gone and back to his Hollywood movie star life. Like I said, I don't like Cena but he's the WWE and has been for the past 6 to 7 years or so... He's the face of wrestling and losing to someone who's only coming back for one match would be stupid and pretty pointless. ? even if Cena were to have a match with my favorite wrestler ever Stone Cold Steve Austin I would still say the same thing. I would still think Cena needs to win because he's the WWE's biggest star and he's still gonna be with the company after the outcome of the match.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

I dont know if it was a slip up, but he said on a recent Youtube self made promo, he'd see Cena at Survivor Series.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont know if it was a slip up, but he said on a recent Youtube self made promo, he'd see Cena at Survivor Series.

Ima have to check that out. If so then that's cool. I just want to see how all of this is gonna play out with The Rock a month or two or however long he's gonna appear on Raw leading up into WM.