NOW to end the old debate once and for all, out of 2Pac's own mouth.. rare footage

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
From 1:50 onward in the video you will see/hear Pac himself say "you on that Islam ? .. I'm on that Thuglife ? !"

I post this as maybe an ending to the old debate as to whether he was Muslim or not, at any stage in his life.. as when the threads have popped up now & then, had not seen this footage included in them..

Numerous videos had been dropped where he never claimed any religion, but was say, aware of ? .. so maybe this can dead any further debate altogether?

Comments

• KLICHE
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I neva knew this was a debate. 5-10 years ago maybe?

I never claimed to have great thread making skills! But i will say this.. yeah it had been an ongoing debate... LMAO every say 5years or so!!

But if you recall, did get people worked up trying to make him a Christian/Muslim and whatever else they felt he needed to be.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im sure on "I Aint Mad At Cha" he said "U a Muslim now, no more dope game!!!"

didn't know people said he was a Muslim until this thread...
  • KLICHE
    edited July 2011
    Options

Yeah on that track he is referring to his friend... reason he was saying "YOU a muslim now".. and the storyline in the song..

I am REALLY showing my age now!! LOL But yeah once upon a time, it did come up often enough the talk 'was he' or 'wasn't he' etc etc And not that any issue really what he was, just that after viewing the video and from that time onward on it, brought back to mind the threads that had popped up since his passing.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    it was a debate, I forget when it was a big debate, maybe early this year or sometime last year, I'm pretty sure there was a thread
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

he was talkin about a friend stupid
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    R.Greezy wrote: »
    he was talkin about a friend stupid

i know stupid
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    in pac we trust
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Fam I saw the video in 3 years ago...and have you not heard "So many tears"...when he said "Lord, ? " ?
  • daheartzofmen
    daheartzofmen Members Posts: 191
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what type ? b a thug life ? ??!! we b the craziest!
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I didn't know this was a debate, but far as I know there is no reason to think Pac was a muslim, and certainly no reason to think he was a serious/practicing muslim. On a related note, some of my favorite pac interviews are the ones in which he contests the religious (and nonreligious) silliness that pervades black prison culture.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Pac was a articulate brother and he talked a lot of common sense when it came to the issue of religion
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol at this old ? running to make a thread about ending a debate that was last discussed when tupac was still alive. Fuckouttahere ? dont nobody give a ? lmaoo. Ole I got the golden video , I must be the first ever to post this ass ? . Lmao

LOL! so you're telling me there is no award, seeing I have the 'golden video'?? LMAO!!
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ole im bout to get so many props for this thread ass ?

LOL! you really worked it out... damn at how this failed.. saw right through me Lurk... 0_0 lol
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Fam I saw the video in 3 years ago...and have you not heard "So many tears"...when he said "Lord, ? " ?

Yeah heard it many a time brother.. just didn't really answer what faith he stood by etc good interview that was posted by a member though that many had seen.. was just thinking, alongside all of those ones pretty much clears up that dude wasn't muslim. And no biggie to me, as my faith is close to Islam anyway lol

Wonder if 'Lurk' is here... may interpret this also as me after 'props' LMAO
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    I didn't know this was a debate, but far as I know there is no reason to think Pac was a muslim, and certainly no reason to think he was a serious/practicing muslim. On a related note, some of my favorite pac interviews are the ones in which he contests the religious (and nonreligious) silliness that pervades black prison culture.

Yep. Agree. From previous threads some had said funnily enough because of Napoleon becoming muslim, and pac's name Shakur in arabic etc etc and just odd reasons... But valid point.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    didnt Pac have a cross tattooed on his back? I doubt a Muslim would do that.
  • Puff-A-Lot
    Puff-A-Lot Members Posts: 143
    edited August 2011
    Options
    MrCrafty wrote: »
    ? religion

co ? sign
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pac was not a muslim....Many of his close family members and friends such as Mutulu, Watabi, Zayd, Geronimo, Sekou and Lumumba were all muslims tho so Pac kinda grew up around that environment! Kadafi RIP was a muslim and so is Napoleon. Kastro, Edi, Fatal and Noble all converted recently aswell
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    didnt Pac have a cross tattooed on his back? I doubt a Muslim would do that.

Yeah valid point.. I think these days anything goes, like artists that wear crosses more of a fashion thing and are of a muslim like faith, like say Busta Rhymes who says he muslim but yeah can be seen wearing a cross at times...

I think the talk more or less came after his passing more, some will disagree, all good, but I always thought around time Napoleon converted/reverted.. then people questioned Pac's faith...

but interesting what blackstarr said, had not heard of Fatal following Islam/
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I never thought the religion of a man no one on this board has ever met was really a big deal
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    2pac was a hypocrite.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pac was a articulate brother and he talked a lot of common sense when it came to the issue of religion

Right, especially with the amount of people homeless that churches could fill
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    pac wasn't just a thug, he was a little bit of everything.

http://youtu.be/07GFr6IXDMQ