So Eli really is a sucker...

Options

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like Michael Vick but u ? just LOVE HIM ... Especially for a ? who only won like 1-2 play off games in his career

You mean to post in the overrated player thread?
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man....Plax was a good WR....but ? 's acting like Vick came outta jail and beasted...it took Vick a year to get ready to play again for real....he had like 2 completions his first year outta jail. Not to mention he was like 29, not 34....Plax was exiting his prime before he shot himself...now he spent 2 years out of football and you expect him to come back and pick the game back up in 3 or 4 weeks (shortened camp)...PLUS he's gonna be getting passes from Marky Mark Sanchez, who's less accurate than Eli...

Last year Sanchez had 5 legit passing options on any given down, and this ? was horrible...this year he has 2 legit options and 2 possibles (LT and Plax) and you think this is going to work?
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Eli don't owe Plax ? ...It's Plax's fault we didn't go back to back and im sure Eli still gets irritated thinkin bout that ? ...He did the right thing, by not sayin ? to him if he was in a meeting..He said he already spoke to him since he been out..Ain't no reason for Eli to be all on this ? ? on some "we need you back here to compete" type ? ..We already have a good receiving core..Plax would've added depth but it is what it is...This team belongs to Eli, Tuck, Webster and Nicks..
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    good for eli... now only if this new found confidence would translate onto the field

It been translated to the field..Just cuz he don't put up montrous numbers every year, don't mean he aint doin his job...
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited July 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    cut it out Plax was elite. he beat Green Bay by himself. He bailed Eli out esp vs hilly when they blitzed. Eli is a ? and always has been one. Im a Giants fan and I hate him and his ? ? expression after he throws back foot picks

False...He does have a dumb expression when he throws picks but that is irrelevant....Eli is a solid consistent QB, doesn't put up gaudy numbers like i said, but he's a good starter in this league..21 + td's the last 6 years and a super bowl title..At least 10 of the picks he threw last year were on the receivers...bobbled passes and not knowing where they're supposed to be on certain plays...Eli gets a bad rap for no reason..Smfh..
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm not lookin for individual games to determine the skill of a 9 year vet. I'm lookin at his seasons. He broke 1,000 yards 4 times (2 of em were 1,025 or less). He had 2 seasons of double digit TD's (both with Giants, a high of 7 with the Steelers). He's not a beast...he's not elite. Just was a good receiver

not everybody can have 1000 yard season especially if you're on a stacked team I'm not saying he's elite but he was slightly better than good
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Eli just rydin for the guys he have now....i see no problem with that.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    False...He does have a dumb expression when he throws picks but that is irrelevant....Eli is a solid consistent QB, doesn't put up gaudy numbers like i said, but he's a good starter in this league..21 + td's the last 6 years and a super bowl title..At least 10 of the picks he threw last year were on the receivers...bobbled passes and not knowing where they're supposed to be on certain plays...Eli gets a bad rap for no reason..Smfh..

Word...did you see that packers game last year...5 ints.Eli can look good at times but when he's bad he's bad.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    lol ELI just got some G points from me. He said ? that ? AND gave him the cold shoulder. He has better targets than a tall 34 year old ? that no longer has speed. ? 's gonna come back looking like Muhsin Muhammad.

And before ? come in talking about Mike Vick, that dude is a whole other animal. There will never be another ? that gets a year and a day and comes back as strong as Vick again. ? 's not possible.

/close thread
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    not everybody can have 1000 yard season especially if you're on a stacked team I'm not saying he's elite but he was slightly better than good

Why though? Yards, catches, and TD's didn't make him look more than good, so what did? I don't want me sayin "good" to come across as me sayin he's average. He deserved to be the #1 receiver in NY. It's just he didn't do enough to be put in that upper level of receiver. Kinda like Santonio Holmes right now. He's a good receiver. But if he gets locked up, then comes back to the league at 34 I'm not lookin at him to be looked at as the missing piece on a team.
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2011
    Options

Why though? Yards, catches, and TD's didn't make him look more than good, so what did? I don't want me sayin "good" to come across as me sayin he's average. He deserved to be the #1 receiver in NY. It's just he didn't do enough to be put in that upper level of receiver. Kinda like Santonio Holmes right now. He's a good receiver. But if he gets locked up, then comes back to the league at 34 I'm not lookin at him to be looked at as the missing piece on a team.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »

no They made the team elis team with the shotgun trying to make him like Peyton. Eli struggles with the blitz and makes high throws off his back foot. Plax saved him a lot. Honestly they need to go back to the running game and playaction. last yr the wr ? him up but 2 years ago vs Philly in the playoffs he was a pick machine
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rather him be honest about it than fake it for the camera and act like he really wants Plaxico when he knows he really doesn't..
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Eli is a top 10 QB enough said
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    cut it out Plax was elite. he beat Green Bay by himself. He bailed Eli out esp vs hilly when they blitzed. Eli is a ? and always has been one. Im a Giants fan and I hate him and his ? ? expression after he throws back foot picks

No he wasn't

good? yes , Elite? Hell No
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

he may not have outstanding numbers but they're good enough plus he had alot injuries limiting him to playing to his full potential he aint no randy moss or reggie wayne but he gets the job done when necessary now what he may be able to do? idk but I hope he has a lil something left
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Plax was easily Eli's best receiver and performed when it mattered unlike TO and Moss.He might not make a good come back,but he was elite before he went to jail.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Plax was easily Eli's best receiver and performed when it mattered unlike TO and Moss.He might not make a good come back,but he was elite before he went to jail.

Dont catch amnesia. Better check his SB stats
    Eli is a top 10 QB enough said

Peyton overrated but Eli is top 10.. You are something else
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    edited July 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »

Is this all time top 10 no; is current, idiot. Manning is overrated by people like who think is ? . thats what overrated means. It doesnt mean a player sucks means when people rate him to high. Some where he dont belong and Manning is not a top 5 all time QB top 10 uumm barley makes it. There's people who put manning top 2 or 3 all time. Thats overrating him.
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    edited July 2011
    Options

name me 10 current QB better then ELI
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Peyton may have better stats (longer career)...but him and Eli DO have the same number of SB wins...and I HATE Eli Manning...but I do think Peyton is slightly overrated....
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    young chad wrote: »
    Peyton may have better stats (longer career)...but him and Eli DO have the same number of SB wins...and I HATE Eli Manning...but I do think Peyton is slightly overrated....

Then you're just as dumb as he is
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    name me 10 current QB better then ELI

Being a top 10 QB in a league with 32 QB's isn't that great
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    edited July 2011
    Options
    young chad wrote: »

thank you....................
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Then you're just as dumb as he is

not really, i never see you bring up a case why isnt he overrated. Tell me why isnt he?