Fasting: An Exercise of the Gods

Options
And Step
And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What's hatning?

Muslims have just entered in the month long fast of Ramadan, and as a religion minor in college, I noticed that one of the common themes running through many religious expressions and spiritual traditions is the practice of fasting.

While there have been many studies done on the benefit of fasting, sometimes they just don't paint a complete picture.

Share some of your insights and personal testimonies and benefits you have received and the multi-layered meaning of fasting in these modern times.

Speak ya clout............

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Though fasting is considered something that "religious" people do, this ought to be something to consider as commonplace. Our bodies need to go through some cleansing process. Food ain't as healthy like it use to be and doesn't help our bodies to continually let toxins build up in our system.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    What's hatning?

Muslims have just entered in the month long fast of Ramadan, and as a religion minor in college, I noticed that one of the common themes running through many religious expressions and spiritual traditions is the practice of fasting.

While there have been many studies done on the benefit of fasting, sometimes they just don't paint a complete picture.

Share some of your insights and personal testimonies and benefits you have received and the multi-layered meaning of fasting in these modern times.

Speak ya clout............

I tried fasting a couple of time and after 12 hours i really felt better..mentally, spiritually and i can honestly say physically. I had more energy after, i dont know why. But i heard it was the excerices of the ? 's, can you explain more on the benefits and books that touch this subject?
  • Elliote
    Elliote Members Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wonderful thread for both the ways. religious and exercise.
    Fasting is also an exercise of body which helps to clean it up.
    It is also an essential worship of ? for muslims.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It isn't only about food as the average sheep thinks its all about consuming foods and liquids its also has to do with psychological/cognitive aspect as well.