Okay, time to put your money where your mouth is, RnR

Options
@My_nameaintearl
@My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
LONDON (Reuters) - Up to 70 percent of British men and half of all Western European men are related to the Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun, geneticists in Switzerland said.

Scientists at Zurich-based DNA genealogy centre, iGENEA, reconstructed the DNA profile of the boy Pharaoh, who ascended the throne at the age of nine, his father Akhenaten and grandfather Amenhotep III, based on a film that was made for the Discovery Channel.

The results showed that King Tut belonged to a genetic profile group, known as haplogroup R1b1a2, to which more than 50 percent of all men in Western Europe belong, indicating that they share a common ancestor.

Among modern-day Egyptians this haplogroup contingent is below 1 percent, according to iGENEA.

"It was very interesting to discover that he belonged to a genetic group in Europe -- there were many possible groups in Egypt that the DNA could have belonged to," said Roman Scholz, director of the iGENEA Centre.

Around 70 percent of Spanish and 60 percent of French men also belong to the genetic group of the Pharaoh who ruled Egypt more than 3,000 years ago.

"We think the common ancestor lived in the Caucasus about 9,500 years ago," Scholz told Reuters.

It is estimated that the earliest migration of haplogroup R1b1a2 into Europe began with the spread of agriculture in 7,000 BC, according to iGENEA.

However, the geneticists were not sure how Tutankhamun's paternal lineage came to Egypt from its region of origin.

The centre is now using DNA testing to search for the closest living relatives of "King Tut."

"The offer has only been publicised for three days but we have already seen a lot of interest," Scholz told Reuters.

http://af.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idAFTRE7704OR20110801?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

This one's for all the chips, you race obsessed lunatics. Now's your chance to show and prove. Contact iGENEA and ask them to compare your DNA to Tut's. I bet NONE of you will even bother.

I'll even give you the link: http://www.igenea.com/en/index.php?c=62

In the year 2009 extended DNA-tests had been carried out with the mummy of Tutankamun and other members for his family. These have only partially been published in February 2010. Despite several demands, the results of the Y-DNA tests have been shut away.

iGENEA was able to reconstruct the Y-DNA profile of Tutankhamun, his father Akhenaten and his grandfather Amenhotep III with the help of a recording of the Discovery Channel. The astonishing result:

Tutankhamun belongs to the haplogroup R1b1a2, which more than 50% of all men in Western Europe belong to.
The haplogroup R1b1a2 arose about 9.500 years ago in the surrounding area of the Black Sea. The migration of this haplogroup into Europe started at the earliest with the spread of agriculture since 7.000 BC. It is ver probable that it is also connected to the Indoeuropeans who spread over Europe a little later in several waves of migrations.

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^ I dont trust white man science, they said the Egyptians were white, Yahushua is white, Egypt is not Africa and all that ? ......

Put it like this KING TUT WAS A AFRICAN BLACK BOY. And why you always suckin off the white man, they got to your mind too, are you Samoan?? why dont you educated people on your history
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well, with Ancient Egypt's habit of getting invaded by outsiders, it'd be no surprise for a ruler such as King Tut to have had non-African ancestry.
  • waterproof
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ african americans thinking they know history and trying to school people in general.

Egyptians of present resemble the Egyptians of pass for the most part; mixed arab/medi decent

YOU IS A DAMN LIE, HOW ABOUT you put your life on it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What kinda stupidity is this. Everyone is related to everyone if you go back far enough. What exactly is this supposed to prove other than Tut had an ancestor who had something enetically in common with many Europeans. And not just any Euros, but the ones that have a pretty heavy infusion of Moor blood in them.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What kinda stupidity is this. Everyone is related to everyone if you go back far enough. What exactly is this supposed to prove other than Tut had an ancestor who had something enetically in common with many Europeans. And not just any Euros, but the ones that have a pretty heavy infusion of Moor blood in them.
    Exactly.... but the threadstarter left out some info from the website. “From the time of Akhenatens or Tuankhamuns reign a letter of an Egyptian queen is known from the Hittite archives. In this letter she asks the Hittites King for one of his sons as a new Pharaoh because her husband died and she herself got no son.” The map on the site shows that this group is not from Europe, more like Eurasia around the area of Turkey or the Ottoman Empire.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^ I dont trust white man science

Then why are you on a computer?
    bambu wrote:
    Exactly.... but the threadstarter left out some info from the website. “From the time of Akhenatens or Tuankhamuns reign a letter of an Egyptian queen is known from the Hittite archives. In this letter she asks the Hittites King for one of his sons as a new Pharaoh because her husband died and she herself got no son.” The map on the site shows that this group is not from Europe, more like Eurasia around the area of Turkey or the Ottoman Empire.
    Yeah, that's the Caucasus. As in: CAUCASIANS.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You know what this really means?

It means Nas based an album cover off a CAUCASIAN KING.

And I'm almost afraid to say it, but.... I got to. Nas Won.
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Then why are you on a computer?

Yeah, that's the Caucasus. As in: CAUCASIANS.

I seriously doubt that people would call a man of Hittite/Turkish/Syrian descent Caucasian... more like sand ? .
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that people would call a man of Hittite/Turkish/Syrian descent Caucasian.

Geneticists do.

What part of "50% of all Western European men have a common ancestor with King Tut" don't you get?

Put your money where your mouth is.
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Geneticists do.

What part of "50% of all Western European men have a common ancestor with King Tut" don't you get?

Put your money where your mouth is.

I have European and African heritage... so I could care less. It seems as though you feel like you just got a nutt off learning that Tutankhamun may have had European ancestors. Actually you may have solved some historical problems, you see Tutankhamun was supposedly murdered and his name was systematically removed from the Egyptian records...
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Also proven here was that Amenhotep III and Akhenaten were Caucasian, bruh.

Step your reading comprehension game up.

No ? at you thinking about a dude nutting. WTF?
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Some may have been african and just happen to end up there due to the trade routes but in my honest opinion they were most likely arabs.
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Also proven here was that Amenhotep III and Akhenaten were Caucasian, bruh.

Step your reading comprehension game up.

No ? at you thinking about a dude nutting. WTF?
    Nowhere does that website state that Amenhotep III and Akhenaten were Caucasian, but I like the way you selectively incorporated info to fit your "Egyptians are Caucasians" theory.
    You are easy to please if you think any of that info is indeed proven.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bruh, I never said all Egyptians were white. Just the three most famous ones. I'm reading criticism of the study right now, I ain't the type to just believe some ? because it's on a Youtube video about the Illuminati, or because a dude with a made-up African name said it to me, or because I wish it were true. I'm thorough with my ? and I gotta say, this deal here is convincing.

Tut was white. We need to make sure this is taught in the public school curriculum so that Caucasian children will know that they have the blood of glorious ivory kings running through their veins.

From this day forward, we must greet all our white brothers with "Peace, White ? ."

U mad?
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bruh, I never said all Egyptians were white. Just the three most famous ones. I'm reading criticism of the study right now, I ain't the type to just believe some ? because it's on avid Youtube video about the Illuminati, or because a dude with a made-up African name said it to me, or because I wish it were true. I'm thorough with my ? and I gotta say, this deal here is convincing.

Tut was white. We need to make sure this is taught in the public school curriculum so that Caucasian children will know that they have the blood of glorious ivory kings running through their veins.

From this day forward, we must greet all our white brothers with "Peace, White ? ."

U mad?

man i been saying that for the longest time too many people use youtube as there source of information and wikipedia instead of actual books with credited sources.
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bruh, I never said all Egyptians were white. Just the three most famous ones. I'm reading criticism of the study right now, I ain't the type to just believe some ? because it's on a Youtube video about the Illuminati, or because a dude with a made-up African name said it to me, or because I wish it were true. I'm thorough with my ? and I gotta say, this deal here is convincing.

U mad?

I am high/happy.... You are thorough indeed, brah
    "In the year 2009 extended DNA-tests had been carried out with the mummy of Tutankamun and other members for his family. These have only partially been published in February 2010. Despite several demands, the results of the Y-DNA tests have been shut away.

iGENEA was able to reconstruct the Y-DNA profile of Tutankhamun, his father Akhenaten and his grandfather Amenhotep III with the help of a recording of the Discovery Channel. The astonishing result:" = your ?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm reading the two studies the DNA evidence was taken from, bruh.

You're talking about 2009 and 2010, I'm talking about right now.

I'm the leading hater of the Discovery channel and all its pandering to the lowest common denominator. That's why I'm going to the actual sources.

Naturally and appropriately, scientists are going to debate the methodology and the peer review process for some time. That's the way it should go. People shouldn't just believe something because they heard it.

But when you've got DNA directly from Tut's body and it's showing that he was Caucasian... case closed, bruh.
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm reading the two studies the DNA evidence was taken from, bruh.

You're talking about 2009 and 2010, I'm talking about right now.

I'm the leading hater of the Discovery channel and all its pandering to the lowest common denominator. That's why I'm going to the actual sources.

Naturally and appropriately, scientists are going to debate the methodology and the peer review process for some time. That's the way it should go. People shouldn't just believe something because they heard it.

But when you've got DNA directly from Tut's body and it's showing that he was Caucasian... case closed, bruh.

That is from the link you posted fella.... I am relatively new to the R&R, but there is one thing you should know about me.... I am not one of these cats you can fool with your ? . I do not have a jailhouse education and I will call your ignorance every time, which I see now will be quite often. Come correct or get the ? up outta here with that ? !
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bruh, I'm not opposing you. I'm interested in scientific rigor too. That's why I have to bring these articles to the RnR. Look at this place. These people are insane. They get their entire worldview from racist ? . Rational people like us can improve the situation.
  • waterproof
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bruh, I'm not opposing you. I'm interested in scientific rigor too. That's why I have to bring these articles to the RnR. Look at this place. These people are insane. They get their entire worldview from racist ? . Rational people like us can improve the situation.

you is a damn lie, KING TUT IS A BLACK AFRICAN
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cool... I'm not here to e-beef with anyone, the R&R that I remember had decent topics and mad information in it, but it seems like it has fallen off a bit. I revolve around science and try to share knowledge with anyone willing to listen. I study ancient Egyptian history and if this were proven may open more information about Tutankhamun's life and why his legacy was nearly removed from the list of Pharaohs.
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    you is a damn lie, KING TUT IS A BLACK AFRICAN
    Not sure about that one, some of the Pharaohs, particularly Akhenaten were notorious for inbreeding. As a matter of fact Akhenaten was arguably one of the oddest looking pharaohs/humans. He had an extremely long head and somewhat distorted body. His physical appearance says alien before African or European. However, there were "Black"(Nubian) Pharaohs as well. A few years ago National Geographic ran a excellent article that I think was called "The Black Pharaohs" So there were actually African(Nubian) Pharaohs as well as Caucasian (Cleopatra).
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Indeed, there were totally black pharaohs. But don't tell me you buy any of that UFO ? . I think it's racist to assume that black people couldn't build pyramids or that white people couldn't be the most famous pharaohs. How aliens achieving interstellar travel, bruh?
  • bambu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    I wonder if they was concerned with who was black and/or white back then.
    They were not, the Egyptians were more concerned with culture. If you were Nubian or Caucasian and accepted Egyptian culture, you were Egyptian.
    Found the NG article on the Pharaohs, good ? : http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/02/black-pharaohs/robert-draper-text
    @Earl...Nah, I used to buy into UFO's years ago, but I had to back up off that ? and focus on science.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Then why are we still concerned with it?

The culture of the United States of America is predicated on antiquated racist theories of white supremacism developed to justify the horrific cruelty of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the subsequent generational subjugation of black people, the centuries-long war against Native Americans, the US interventions in Asia, and Disco.