JAY-Z- if you're gonna come sign to Roc Nation, just realize it's going to take a sec

Options
talik23
talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
"J. Cole is pretty close, he's coming out in September," Jay told Angie Martinez on August 1st. "He's got a great album. Jay Electronica is working on a great album as well. He's pretty close. Bridget Kelly just released -- her debut song, 'Thinking About Forever' -- For me, if you're gonna come sign to Roc Nation, just realize it's going to take a second. I'm into artists. I'm not really into putting a single out. It takes a minute to build artists. It's just true. You can't come off the street and make a classic. Rarely does that happen. Lauryn Hill was in the business for 700 years before she put out the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. She had to go through some things. You have to go through some things." (Hot 97)

Last month, Jay Electronica opened up about his forthcoming Roc Nation debut.

"Sometimes im Jay Electronica. sometimes im Jay Electron*gga. i wanna let yall hear this one record from Act II: Patents Of Nobility (the turn) called "Road To Perdition" feat. Mr. Carter so bad.," he tweeted July 11th.

"Album soon come. Ask Bun B, he heard the album in its entirety. a thouand kisses to all of those who have supported me since Act I: Eternal Sunshine (the pledge). I am grateful for your patience. I will not let any of you down. I promise. I will not let any of you down. I promise."

"Jay Z, Bun B, Jeymes Samuel, Tony Tagoe, Erykah Badu. These are the only ppl that have heard the album in its entirety." (Jay Electronica's Twitter)

Comments