The woman I love is getting married to another man

Options
truth spitter
truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Powder Room
I feel like Sanaa Lathan in Love & Basketball except I'm a dude and the person getting married is a she.....

I want to tell her that she will be making the biggest mistake in her life marrying this fool. I know she still has feelings for me but we had to break it off cause I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. I still don't want to get married to her nothing but we should still be together. What should i do?

Comments

• lovelycreation
    lovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You don't want her to get married. But you also don't want to marry her. Wtf?? Thats selfish! Move on and do you. She has choosen the man she wants to be with. There's nothing yoh can do about it. Are you sure your still not, in your right frame of mind?? Thats crazy.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You don't deserve her. I dare you to prove me wrong.
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ok, so you want to stop her from getting married so you can date her but not marry her? smdh.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    Ok, so you want to stop her from getting married so you can date her but not marry her? smdh.

ayo whats good dainty, aint see you post in while, what you been up to
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You don't want to marry her, but you also don't want her to be with someone who DOES.

You're only thinking of yourself and what you want. If you really love her, you won't stand in the way of her happiness.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    go to the wedding and try to win her back, or just let it go.
  • Dainty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ayo whats good dainty, aint see you post in while, what you been up to

ello ol chap, I haven't done anything worth talking about. ? but today I had a horrible migraine, I couldn't even eat!!!!.....I thought I was gonna die, but I'm ok now. :)

how you been boo?
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You don't want to marry her, but you also don't want her to be with someone who DOES.

You're only thinking of yourself and what you want. If you really love her, you won't stand in the way of her happiness.

^^^^Basically this.
  • Dainty
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I hope the t/s isn't serious. :(
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love her and I know she loves me. I don't really want to get into why we broke up but it wasnt entirely my fault. And the dude she with now is a scrub. I feel like she thks she won't get this chance again so she's taking what she can get and settling. She can do much better even if its not me but I at least want one more chance and I'm better than the dude she bout to marry. I dont appreciate some of these comments. Yall dont know me.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You selfish depressed bastard

Leave her alone
  • ItsBboy!
    ItsBboy! Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Challenge him to a duel
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I feel like Sanaa Lathan in Love & Basketball except I'm a dude and the person getting married is a she.....

I want to tell her that she will be making the biggest mistake in her life marrying this fool. I know she still has feelings for me but we had to break it off cause I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. I still don't want to get married to her nothing but we should still be together. What should i do?
    Bruh.......................
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tell him you wanna fight
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love her and I know she loves me. I don't really want to get into why we broke up but it wasnt entirely my fault. And the dude she with now is a scrub. I feel like she thks she won't get this chance again so she's taking what she can get and settling. She can do much better even if its not me but I at least want one more chance and I'm better than the dude she bout to marry. I dont appreciate some of these comments. Yall dont know me.

Maybe she does still love you, but that doesn't necessarily mean she wants you back.

Did she TELL you that she feels like she won't get this chance again, or is that what you've convinced yourself of to try to cope with the fact that she's marrying someone who isn't YOU?

Maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, she DOES love the guy. Stranger things have happened.

In any case, she's moved on and she's about to commit herself to someone else. You need to respect that, and come to grips with the fact that you blew it. Learn from it, and make wiser choices with the next person. If anything, you need to do it for the sake of your own sanity.

Move on and let her go. And no, we don't know you, but you did post your story on here. Can't expect everyone to agree with what you're doing.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tough break ?

If you were willing to marry her, thats one thing. Since you not,
  • kay-g314
    kay-g314 Members Posts: 36
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You basically failed with this thread when you said that you didn't want to marry her but you want to keep her from marrying anybody else
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    ello ol chap, I haven't done anything worth talking about. ? but today I had a horrible migraine, I couldn't even eat!!!!.....I thought I was gonna die, but I'm ok now. :)

how you been boo?

doin same ol, same ol, nothin
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tell him you wanna fight
    U give the best worst advice ever....lol

lol @ your sig btw
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This ? ain't serious right? Na, can't be.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    U give the best worst advice ever....lol

lol @ your sig btw

man i wanna say that ? to someone so bad but the scenario has yet to happen FUGGGGGG
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i can only cosign you telling her and trying to stop it if:

A) you think the guy shes with will cheat on her or ? her over, or is using her for money or some wrong reason and doesnt love her

B) you can eventually see yourself marrying her
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

If she still had feelings for you she wouldn't be getting married to someone else. Gotta let this one go homie