why exactly should i respect the U.S military over the al qaeda?

Options
2nd chances
2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
you often hear in the news US saying al qaeda and various others are cowards who would rather use sneak techniques to attack us troops than fight them ..but explain to me how fighting an army with the best protection, best weapons..best everything one on one is a fair fight??

the u.s has ways to ? you without you even seeing where the death game from..etc etc...if anytihng the us is the cowards by hding behind their powerful military..how exactly are you supposed to fight an army like that fair game when they aint even playing fair?

i guarantee if you give the u.s soldiers AK47 and gave the otherside the SAME weapon..the U.S wouldnt come CLOSE to winning anything...i take someone with a unified belief especially one based on religion over some kid who's in the military to pay for school anyday..

one is willing to die the other is shaking in their boots NOT to die..resolve is the key.

you got 30 u.s troops killed by one guy with an RPG and everyone is "whoa is me"...gtfoh..guess even wit their technology they didnt see it coming huh?

i have all the respect for any of these guys standing up to the u.S army..

NOw i dont want them anywhere close to me but i still respect their resolve..i dont think they're cowards at all.

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's part of the brainwash.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited August 2011
    Options
    respect whoever the hell you want...why do you care
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *shrugs shoulders*

Its biased propaganda. People tend to not feel highly of people shooting rockets at their kids/spouses/siblings/parents/etc. especially in the name of "some backwards ass desert religion".

And also,until the day we completely phase out flesh and blood troops, all the training in the world and technology can't prepare you for fighting a war on someone else's turf. Afghanistan is mountains. Tons of hiding places. The Russians, still motivated in their Communist foreign policy, got their ass beat there. That says alot.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter

i say this all the time
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It is what it is war is for territory and money nothing else.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Uh because the Army TYPICALLY follows a rule of war to not attack civillians.

Whereas killing and endangering the lives of civillians is the gameplan and to some the GOAL of Al Qaeda operations.

And that isn't some brainwashing, you ? . They've said it themselves.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Uh because the Army TYPICALLY follows a rule of war to not attack civillians.

Whereas killing and endangering the lives of civillians is the gameplan and to some the GOAL of Al Qaeda operations.

And that isn't some brainwashing, you ? . They've said it themselves.

Yeal if Al Qaeda was only attacking the military they wasn't be as hated. 9/11 they killed regular people then bragged about it.
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ these brainwashed posters thinking we don't and haven't killed civilians for no reason in war

yall forgot about vietnam
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lets just drop a couple of a-bombs on that ? and keep on truckin
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm not very well-versed in international matters like this. So I may be talking out my ass. But I wouldn't call sneak attacks on American soldiers being cowardly. That's called war, ? . But I WOULD call sneak attacks on innocent American citizens - like 9/11 - cowardly.
  • 7figz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ these brainwashed posters thinking we don't and haven't killed civilians for no reason in war

Real talk.

And I'm pretty sure we still doin' the same ? . How many random soldiers was gettin' caught doin' oddball ? like beatin' up prisoners and other foul ? .

What ? think - because it's not "policy", the ? doesn't go down ? smh
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Collateral damage is a nearly unavoidable result of armed conflicts. Even beyond accidental bombings and shootings, when you put enough guns in peoples hands and some of them will go ? . Until we have completely automated defense weaponry, its unavoidable.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Most of Americas wars are acts of terrorism.

Truth is Bad guys win we are a prime example of that.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because al qeada will ? you if you don't convert. People try to over analyze really simple ? and miss the most basic concepts.
  • 7figz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Because al qeada will ? you if you don't convert. People try to over analyze really simple ? and miss the most basic concepts.

Says who - american media ?

BTW, when the draft is instated, you'll go to jail if you don't join. Similar ? .
  • Will Munny
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    *white man talking*

WHIch invalidated nothing I just said. Grow up.
  • Will Munny
    edited August 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Says who - american media ?

BTW, when the draft is instated, you'll go to jail if you don't join. Similar ? .

says common sense.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

The Jamel wrote: »
    you know what, all talk aside, when the enemy doesn't follow ROE, and don civilian gear, it is quite hard to distinguish who is who.hell i had to run down a woman in full garb cause she stopped in front of our convoy and i was lead vehicle...
    was she trying to stop our convoy for an ambush? i don't know, but i damn sure wasn't going to stop to find out.
    S
    Collateral damage is a nearly unavoidable result of armed conflicts. Even beyond accidental bombings and shootings, when you put enough guns in peoples hands and some of them will go ? . Until we have completely automated defense weaponry, its unavoidable.

Saved me the trouble.

That's why I said typically. You can't completely rule out civillian casualties when your enemy sends children out as suicide bombers (true story) and attacks in civillian gear.

And when their offense includes not attacking our army, but attacking and killing civillians. Vietnam and Al Queda would be a lot simpler if the US could just Hiroshima them again, derp.

Shut ya tin foil hat ass up.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its relative to where you come from. The US military and al-qeada are both gangs on a multinational stage. Which set you gonna ride for?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its relative to where you come from. The US military and al-qeada are both gangs on a multinational stage. Which set you gonna ride for?
    The one that doesn't want to establish a global caliphate and forcibly convert the world to Islam.

If those are my only two options, I mean. Nahmean?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this reminds me of when Mos Def got ? sonned on Bill Maher's show