The helicoptor crash that killed 30 US NAVY SEALS

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
Is it true that 22 of 'em were the team that raided and killed Osama bin Laden?

I seen that ? on CNN, at the bottom where that info scrolls, then they quickly changed it within like 5 min saying that none of the team was on that heli, but still kept letting that info scroll.

Because if that is the case then well, that might seem a bit ? ' sketchy now...

Comments

• Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    conspiracy..........
    *cue twilight zone music*

According to this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14435854
    US sources have said they were from the same Navy Seal unit, known as Team Six, which killed Osama Bin Laden in May, but are "unlikely" to be the same personnel.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Let me guess now this incident will spark more U.S soldiers killing more innocent civilians and citizens.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The USA will prevail
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't think anybody necessarily ? up.

It's hard to spot people from the air, especially if they are hiding. Also, if the mission required surprise, a scout chopper or jet just alerts everybody, as they are all loud and can be heard for many miles depending on terrain. A high flying scout vehicle is an announcement to hide and get ready. It's not common to scout ahead with loud vehicles if a sortie requires stealth or surprise.

When flying to a mission point, troop carrying birds stay low to the ground, VERY low to the ground in some cases. Often inside valleys, where sometimes you can take fire coming from the ground above. All it takes is one lucky rocket hit.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Sh0t
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They were a QRF responding to a call for help
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    These cowards that hide behind civilians know how the game works -- these chicken ? (s) haven't got the courage to be real men & why we think that we can defeat this kind of enemy isn't gonna ever happen. DAMN-IT why do the powers that be think that we can civilze the uncivilized world are insane.....just let it be and let the ? do what they do and be out of that sorry ? country. If America did what they did after pearl harbor....this ? would've ended long ago,but we all know that type of tactic will never happen again.

What a coincidence the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings anniversary fell a couple days later when the whole U.S economy was on life support. I wonder if the people of Baghdad, Kabul and Tripoli were celebrating as they watched CNN. If someone foreign troops came into your local city thinkk about many crackas like yourself lock themselves in a room with their pets and start praying.

They can't enter countries like North Korea, Somalia and Iran for obvious reasons I wonder why.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this is a huge loss for the SEAL community, especially for DEVGRU... Blue skies to the lost warriors...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They can't enter countries like North Korea, Somalia and Iran for obvious reasons I wonder why.
    pretty sure the reasons why there's no military action by the US in those nations (beyond the past war that NK got bailed out of) vary, actually
  • quiet1
    quiet1 Members Posts: 146
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Old soldiers don't hide nor do they just fade-away. FYI I don't pray or have pets. Also if some foreign entity got into my community? apparently our nation is more lax than I thought...therefore you might actually be on to something? America lost when it continued to stay in the Middle East & fighting with one hand behind there back.

You actually think they want to win theses "wars"? They are over there for other reasons.

I knew in 2002 that the Iraq war was ? & people thought i was wrong, you have to be dumb if you think this is about protection America from terrorist.
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dead Men Don’t Talk: US Navy Seals Destroyed to Cover Up Washington’s Bin Laden Execution Hoax?
    The wiping out of 30 US special forces in the Chinook helicopter crash in Afghanistan comes at a time when Washington’s official version of how it carried out the assassination of Osama bin Laden was falling apart from incredulity.

http://wakeupfromyourslumber.com/blog/sullivan/dead-men-don-t-talk-us-navy-seals-destroyed-cover-washington-s-bin-laden-execution-hoa

Dead Men Don’t Talk: US Navy Seals Destroyed to Cover Up Washington’s Bin Laden Execution Hoax?

Among the 38 dead in the helicopter disaster – the biggest single loss of American lives in the 10-year Afghanistan war of occupation – are believed to have been 17 US Navy Seals. The dead also include other members of US special forces and Afghan commandos.

Early Western news media reports indicated that the Chinook may have been involved in a significant military operation against Afghan militants when it went down in Wardak Province, not far west from the capital, Kabul, early Saturday.

Taliban sources are reported to have claimed that its militants shot down the Chinook with rocket
  • Sh0t
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Interesting theory. The media outlets seemed to force the issue in every article that the SEALs killed were NOT the same ones from the Bin Laden raid, but from the same unit. Quite possible. But I thought it fishy every time I saw how they seemed to underline that.

As I believed Bin Laden died 8-9 years ago, I always wondered what the real point of the 'raid' was, besides giving Obama something to help his reelection.

The very idea of dumping his body in the ocean is a very typical way for evidence of anything to disappear. Do we really fall for this? His body was dumped in the ocean to prevent it from being a shrine? And we believe that
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Man... I've been over here going stir crazy b/c my landlord is a Seal and he's over there and i haven't heard from him since this whole crash thing happened....

? is crazy, real talk.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Man... I've been over here going stir crazy b/c my landlord is a Seal and he's over there and i haven't heard from him since this whole crash thing happened....

? is crazy, real talk.

Wtf does "real talk" mean and why do people always have to add it at the end of a sentence? Anyway, it's funny how every time a helicopter goes down the news chocs it up to human error and not to it getting shot out of the sky by a surface to air missile. I don't believe anything on the news. If I didn't see it with my own eyes there's no reason for me to believe it.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I heard they were not part of the team that actually killed him.