Hitman: Absolution

Options
overratedboy
overratedboy Members Posts: 8
edited August 2011 in IllGaming
I doubt the below cover will be the actual cover of the game as the image in the top left is used in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. This will be the 5th game in the series and I'm licking my lips about it. It looks like it will be one of the best year. We're still a good few months (at least) away from release as it's schedule to be released in 2012. It was originally meant to be released in December, however I think complications have since risen as this game is meant to tie in with the movie sequels release.

For this new game, the following information has been confirmed:

-David Bateson will not be voicing Agent 47.
-Agent 47's handler, Diana Burnwood, has a "close relationship" with 47 in Absolution.
-The main antagonist is revealed to be Blake Dexter, a new character to the series. The character will be voiced by Keith Carradine.
-It has been confirmed by the developers that the game is only going to be set in the United States, with one portion taking place in Chicago. Other locations are unconfirmed.
-The game will be released around 2012.
-Players will be able to set up elaborate traps.
-A new mode, called "Instinct," works much like the detective mode in Batman: Arkham Asylum. It is powered by a bar that works similarly to Sam Fisher’s "Mark and Execute" feature in Splinter Cell: Conviction as it is fueled by silent take-downs.
-There is no map screen. Instinct mode replaces it.
-Players will no longer be able to manually save the game.
-Players will be able to utilize a "tag and ? " mechanism during Instinct mode that is similar to the one in Red Dead Redemption.
-The game will feature some scripted action sequences and smaller sandbox levels that are divided by checkpoints.
-The original soundtrack for the game is composed by Peter Kyd and Peter Peter, replacing the long time composer Jesper Kyd.

I reckon instinct mode will be awesome. The game has long-needed something like this

hitman-absolution-ntsc-front-cover-74138.jpg

Comments

• genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Another series there gonna ? up
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ive been waiting for this since Blood Money...they better not ? it up!!
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Looks dope as ? so far. Big fan of this series.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol damnit, I'm copping it regardless but why the hell would they replace the maps with instinct mode? like one of the coolest aspects of the previous games were the maps and the ability to see the route of the gaurds/total area so that you could optimise and plan the hits......shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I enjoyed plottin the hits, takin my time etc....replacing the maps with 'instinct mode'(whatever that is, probably some cheap ? that make the missions easier and less diverse). How the ? am I gonna plan a hit now if I dont have a map of the envirment? trail and error? what kind of hitman enters a building without knowing how many rooms etc there are?

and why only in America? we use to have missions in holland, england, russia, columbia, egypt etc, very cool ? . from old skool british lord mansions to french operas, cool thing about the series was it's diversity in missions...

and ? all that scripted ? .

Lol at me being ? for thinking they already ? up.
  • stoneface
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yall ? need to wait till you actually play the game to pass judgement.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited August 2011
    Options
    When is this new Hitman game coming out for Xbox 360? And how's the gameplay?
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Yall ? need to wait till you actually play the game to pass judgement.

true that, but been a long time fan, hate to see them put some great aspects out of the game, never change a winning team mon ami
  • stoneface
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    true that, but been a long time fan, hate to see them put some great aspects out of the game, never change a winning team mon ami

Yeah, it has been dope as is but the engine was getting dated. This'll be the first true current gen powered Hitman.