Do you think Obama will get re-elected in 2012?

Options
death187sin
death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
People are voicing complaints about his actions both black and white. I don't think he we have as much support as he had during the initial election. What do yall think?

Comments

• Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Will he win? I think so, mostly because the competition is almost cartoonish in its idiocy/lunacy/villainy.

With as much support as he had in 08? No.

Course it is too early to say, lots can happen between now and then.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    Will he win? I think so, mostly because the competition is almost cartoonish in its idiocy/lunacy/villainy.

With as much support as he had in 08? No.

Course it is too early to say, lots can happen between now and then.

I agree. People are going to be frightened into voting for Obama due to scary Republican candidates like Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and Rick Perry.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Has anyone ever been happy with Presidents that we have? Never. It's no shock that people aren't happy.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No too many white people dont want him in office right now,
  • lovelycreation
    lovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This country needs a female president. Men cant do nothing right.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Obama doesn't get re-elected...oh

best beleive it WILL be a race war

well, according to Glen Beck anyway
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dan_the_man.com
    dan_the_man.com Members Posts: 701
    edited August 2011
    Options
    a couple of days ago i wouldve said mof def yes but now that rick perry ? runnin its kinda even tha odds btween dems & rebs..

obama fukd up. all he had 2 do is show sum dam spine. he didnt even hav 2 succeed in most of tha things he wanted 2 accomplish. jus show sum dam fight..

he wins he wins by default which is a possibility. im in texas so my vote duznt count less i vote reb. aint voting 4 'em anyway. niqqaz a ? bruh. i wonder if cynthia mckinney gonna run again..
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i already called his 2012 re-election and i have yet to see any reason to think that won't happen.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Could care less honestly. Obama and Bush are the same person. Republicans and Democrats both don't care about the American people, only the wealthy. America is ? .
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i already called his 2012 re-election and i have yet to see any reason to think that won't happen.

You sure about that? Obama is losing support amongst his own base, Blacks and Hispanics are both losing faith in him. With this bad economy many will just stay home and let Romney will.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59897.html

President Barack Obama is losing support from his base, according to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll released on Tuesday that finds his backing from liberals and African-Americans has plummeted.

The percentage of liberal Democrats who strongly support the president’s job policies has dropped in the past year, from 53 percent to 31 percent, the poll shows.

The falloff among blacks is even more stark: From 77 percent supporting his record on the economy last year to just over 50 percent in 2011.

Overall, 52 percent of adults polled disapprove of the president’s handling of the economy. Those numbers come at a time that the unemployment rate is stubbornly stuck above 9 percent among all Americans and at about 16 percent among African Americans.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    how is a uneducated liberal minded 19 y.o. college student any different than an uneducated 40 yr old redneck living in a trailer park?

if the tea party is so informed, why dont they realizee that their taxes more than likely went down over the last two years? i know for a fact mine did. and i'm not a millionaire.

why dont they realize that the $250,000+ earner is loving that all these middle lower class folks want him to make more money?

why arent you on medication?

why weren't they critiquing and rallying against the Bush spending which was just as radical as obama's spending? tea party says obama doubled the deficit, but it had to be doubled from somewhere, right? sounds to me they only chose to get 'informed' when they saw a black guy take office.

instead of marching and gathering 9-5, why arent they oh i dont know, looking for the jobs they want so much?

why is it i never see a tea partier talk about his college major?
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited August 2011
    Options
    how is a uneducated liberal minded 19 y.o. college student any different than an uneducated 40 yr old redneck living in a trailer park?

if the tea party is so informed, why dont they realizee that their taxes more than likely went down over the last two years? i know for a fact mine did. and i'm not a millionaire.

why dont they realize that the $250,000+ earner is loving that all these middle lower class folks want him to make more money?

why arent you on medication?

why weren't they critiquing and rallying against the Bush spending which was just as radical as obama's spending? tea party says obama doubled the deficit, but it had to be doubled from somewhere, right? sounds to me they only chose to get 'informed' when they saw a black guy take office.

instead of marching and gathering 9-5, why arent they oh i dont know, looking for the jobs they want so much?

why is it i never see a tea partier talk about his college major?

great points!!!
  • onepunch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    a couple of days ago i wouldve said mof def yes but now that rick perry ? runnin its kinda even tha odds btween dems & rebs..

obama fukd up. all he had 2 do is show sum dam spine. he didnt even hav 2 succeed in most of tha things he wanted 2 accomplish. jus show sum dam fight..

he wins he wins by default which is a possibility. im in texas so my vote duznt count less i vote reb. aint voting 4 'em anyway. niqqaz a ? bruh. i wonder if cynthia mckinney gonna run again..

Your vote doesn't count if you don't vote....i'm texas to and i always vote republican...OBAMA was close to winning Texas in 08...He won all the major cities...dallas, houston...san antonio...all the small communities in texas voted republican....the problem is republicans get out and vote while us democrats stay at home and ? about what happened in the election we didn't participate in...Your vote does count if you let it!
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Since you refuse to understand the bottom-line. HERE's the reason why your man Obama isn't getting the job done. He's incompetent and the business community has lost faith in him and NOT until hes out of office will the jobs come back. This country has lost its direction....and YES IT was a black man who did it & if he were white? and did what Obama has done....I'd say the same damn thing. Obama is in the same league has that sorry former president Jimmy Carter was...damn peanut farmer had NO business in the white house back in the day (the 70's) he was just as incompetent has the current President.

way to not answer a single one of my questions. a single one.

1. if the business community had truly lost faith in him, unemployment would be much, much higher.

2. the business community will NEVER have full faith in the government.

3. if the business community has lost so much faith, why are so many reporting record profits this year? why is the auto industry recovering so well?

4. who the ? are you to speak on the business community? the closest you probably ever came to giving someone a job was paying a ? .

and in my case, as far as my own life, obama IS getting the job done. i couldnt find a new job 2007-2009 to save my life. I was fired from a job i hated one year into obama's term, and i recently found one I love. when the republicans ask me, "am i better off than i was 2 yrs ago?" i can say, "Well....yeah."
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2011
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    Your vote doesn't count if you don't vote....i'm texas to and i always vote republican...OBAMA was close to winning Texas in 08...He won all the major cities...dallas, houston...san antonio...all the small communities in texas voted republican....the problem is republicans get out and vote while us democrats stay at home and ? about what happened in the election we didn't participate in...Your vote does count if you let it!

nice pipe dream, but i doubt texas will ever go blue. unless another dem from texas gets big.
  • onepunch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nice pipe dream, but i doubt texas will ever go blue. unless another dem from texas gets big.

texas had a democratic governor before Bush and perry so its possible...
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2011
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    texas had a democratic governor before Bush and perry so its possible...

ann richards? yeah thats true. who knows.
  • onepunch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Since you refuse to understand the bottom-line. HERE's the reason why your man Obama isn't getting the job done. He's incompetent and the business community has lost faith in him and NOT until hes out of office will the jobs come back. This country has lost its direction....and YES IT was a black man who did it & if he were white? and did what Obama has done....I'd say the same damn thing. Obama is in the same league has that sorry former president Jimmy Carter was...damn peanut farmer had NO business in the white house back in the day (the 70's) he was just as incompetent has the current President.

you left out all the stimulus money the REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS turned down that would have created jobs and saved this economy when OBAMA first took office.....republicans are purpoely hurting the economy because a black man is in office making things happen.....don't want to turn this into a race thing but it is what it is....RICK PERRY turned down stimulus money in texas that would have helped school districts in the state balance their budget and instead cut education spending to balance the state budget and forced many school districts to fire hundreds of teachers...thank ? I wasn't one of them!...so you saying OBAMA's plan isn't working is false..the REPUBLICANS won't let it work..
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Could care less honestly. ALL PRESIDENTS are the same person. Republicans and Democrats both don't care about the American people, only the wealthy. America is ? .

Made a correction for you!
    www.truththatsomebodyknows something.com
  • onepunch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don't tell me how great the democrats are -- just like when Nancy Pelosi said; we gotta pass this bill (Obama care) so we can find out what's in it. What kinds of logic is that? BTW those that didn't take stimulus monies knew about the strings attached to said monies and declined for those reasons. SERIOUSLY how can anyone grow there business if they don't understand how the new rules of this administration will effect them and their employees in the future. How come if Obama care is so great? the admin gave many companies an exemption from said OBAMACARE?

please enlighten me on the strings that were attached to money meant to create jobs...and as far as OBAMACARE....the bill that passed wasn't exactly what the President wanted but what he could get....if the bill went through how he had planned it...you would be singing a differnt song......Health Care is meant to benefit EVERYBODY...not just the democrats..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yup even moreso than before lol at Michelle Bachmann being a viable candidate.. she was more fringe and ? than Sarah Palin in 08 and she out there winning straw polls haha.. and sarah will probably doubl dutch her way in there.. and in turn make it hard for Romney.. because lets be honest who else has the pedigree and the cash to trump her name
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BTW back in the mid 80's I had a great opportunity to grow my small business....but I chose to drink that opportunity away and sold it before I lost to much money.

LOL, not before losing too many brain cells though. interesting to see the Reagan policies were the cause of both your success AND failure.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You sure about that? Obama is losing support amongst his own base, Blacks and Hispanics are both losing faith in him. With this bad economy many will just stay home and let Romney will.
    we can talk all the "Obama is losing support amongst his own base, Blacks and Hispanics are both losing faith in him" stuff we want, but the average Democrat voter and the average black voter are going to vote for him. the worst he has to deal with from them is decreased voter turnout. he maybe loses some Hispanic votes... but then again in many regions the Democrats will run Obama/their local guy as not being ? on immigration policy, so i doubt that will affect him much.

remember that people "who strongly support the president's job policies" or have not entirely approved of his handling of the economy are not going to vote against him automatically.