I Had No Idea Scott Hall Was THIS Over

Options
young law
young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
I knew he was well liked,
but i never knew he was so over to the point where every week we waited on him to say two words.

maybe its jus old age making me forget how popular hey yo and survey says were

but check this out

now thats over

Comments

• northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hell yeah, I was a big scott hall fan back then, dude had charisma, and had me rollin' when he was on the mic.
    hey-yo-o.gif
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ayo

my moms used to love this ? when I was kid lol...I was at Wrestlemania 10 when he and Shawn Michaels had the Ladder Match
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is why during the whole "Rate Scott Hall" i gave him an 8 for MIC SKILLS.. He was doing this every week on NITRO AND THUNDER for a good six months between 97-98. Same crowd reaction everytime. Brilliant.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ayo

my moms used to love this ? when I was kid lol...I was at Wrestlemania 10 when he and Shawn Michaels had the Ladder Match

my fav WM of ALLL TIME!!!
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? yeah, the dude was over. He's been over ever since his face turn after he lost that bag of cash to the 1 2 3 kid and ted debiose and IRS called him out. I still remember that. "Rich mayne.... Tax Mayne; You can't buy razor ramon, chico." If I remember correctly, he got a bigger pop than Nash and hogan when he first showed up at wcw and started the nwo. SMH, it just sucks to see him going through all this ? .
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    This is why during the whole "Rate Scott Hall" i gave him an 8 for MIC SKILLS.. He was doing this every week on NITRO AND THUNDER for a good six months between 97-98. Same crowd reaction everytime. Brilliant.

well ? who is that in ur avi?
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Toni Monroe.. some white ? hip hop artist that should be swallowing my nuts instead...
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Watching the old AWA shows on ESPN Classics is fun because you can see most of the dudes that are now Generational Legends come up.

Watching Scott Hall back in 86.........dude was a totally different individual come 96. The same with Shawn Michaels, dude was pudgy with a Bob haircut in 86. Now look at them......well, can't say much for Hall and his "issues".
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He now works for JCW
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Scott Hall was that ? ...
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hey YO!!!!

more like...
    h............................ey yo!

.....did you come to see the Dubbya C Dubbya (makes the I dunno face i guess not face)....... ooooooooooooooooor....ooooooooooooooooooooor... (lil momentary pause) did you come to see the... (crowd chants NWOOO!)...
    (Scott Hall likes it)

ONE MORE .... for the GOOD GUYS!....

Scott Hall can die today.. easily in my PERSONAL top 10 forever.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited August 2011
    Options
    When That Music Hit, ? Was Over

One 4 The NWO
    One of the best entrances ever.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Scott hall was a phenomonal entertainer in his prime. Sure all the old school fans and kids liked Hogan, the chicks liked deisel but everyone was a Razor Ramon Fan
    Swear I did the little surf board walk he did accross the stage when i graduated from HS.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    aint this bout a bytch

Razor Ramon

Hall signed a contract with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in 1992 and his character evolved from Scott Hall to that of Razor Ramon, a shady, but stylish Cuban American bully from Miami.[6][18] The Latino-heel persona was modeled after Tony Montana and [Ribera] (Al Pacino and Steven Bauer's characters from the movie Scarface, respectively).[18] Hall's nickname (The Bad Guy) and catchphrase ("Say hello to The Bad Guy") derive from quotes from the movie; "Say hello to my little friend" and "Say goodnight to the bad guy".[18]

Later in his career, Hall claimed he pitched the idea of a Scarface-like character during a meeting with Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson, as a joke.[6] Hall quoted lines with a Cuban accent and gave ideas for vignettes (also inspired by the movie) that would involve Hall recreating several scenes, such as Ramon driving around South Florida in a convertible with a leopard-skin interior.[6] Although his pitch was taken right from the film, Hall claims McMahon and Patterson were nevertheless floored by the ideas and called Hall a "genius."[6] Hall later learned that neither McMahon nor Patterson had ever seen or heard of the film, and thus believed that Hall was coming up with the ideas himself. Patterson and McMahon came up with the name Razor, but agreed with Hall's suggestion that "Razor" should be a nickname, and that the character needed an actual given name. Hall later asked Tito Santana for a Latino sounding name that starts with R, and when he suggested "Ramon" Hall promptly brought it back to McMahon and the name stuck
    -wiki

lol @ Vince & Pat Patterson never seeing scarface and thinkin hall was a genius

lol @ hall having to ask tito santan for a latin sounding name. that mean RaZor Ramone coulda easily been RaZor Rodriguez or RaZor Rebenga
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hold up......... so he's not hispanic?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ayo

those 2 ladder matches between Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall/Razor Ramon are classic....
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    When That Music Hit, ? Was Over

One of the best entrances ever.

his entrance was one of the GOATS!!!
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    hold up......... so he's not hispanic?

LMAO!!!

I loved the Razor Ramon schtick in WWF, it was perfect for him and some of the best promo work Ive seen. He also seemed to be in pretty top notch shape then too, Ladder match with HBK, Epic.

Then the transition into Scott Hall in WCW, He helped make the NWO huge and sealed his status as Upper Echelon in the ranks of this here Wrassling.

IDK whatdafuck happened tho. He's like Jake the Snake. Them demons yo.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yea he was over wit the survey says and hey yo when i first started watching..
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options