Ayo, One Thing About The Rap Game Bothers Me..

Options
boom
boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
edited December 2009 in The Reason
I've noticed a lot as of late when a rapper calls out another rapper.. that ? is supposedly "tryna get a buzz off that rapper" or "on that rappers ? " ... or ? will say.. "that ? need to stop hatin.. stop dissin.. get yo own money" ..

Daaaaaaaaaaamn... rappers cant compete no more? Rappers cant go for the top spot?

People done got too caught in this "quit hatin" phase...

I recently saw a vid where Jay Electronica challenged Jay ... ? was like.. "man quit tryna get fame of his name.." ..

Hip Hop wasnt meant to be this way...

? is soft now days..

Comments

• BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Stop hating on the rap game and get your own money, hater.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    calling out another rapper is a gimmick now.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think it's a problem when someone like Jay Electronica calls out someone like Jay Z.... And personally i dont see it as anything but trying to get fame off Jay Z's name. Even if Jay Elec could murder him... still seems silly considering jay been dropping hits over a decade ago

Now when Mos Def calls out Jay Z on some if you say ur the best alive then lets do it. Mos been in the game and IMO already has a classic album under his belt.

I agree with you to an extent, that the competiviness at times should be seen as nothing more than that. That's why i think Mos Def's challenge was dope. There was no disrespecting in it. It was just if you say you're the best then prove it...
    But i do think that it matters who it's coming from and who it's directed at...

As well as it matters, in what tone, context, mentality the person administering the "challenge" comes with
  • boom
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    I think it's a problem when someone like Jay Electronica calls out someone like Jay Z.... And personally i dont see it as anything but trying to get fame off Jay Z's name. Even if Jay Elec could murder him... still seems silly considering jay been dropping hits over a decade ago

Now when Mos Def calls out Jay Z on some if you say ur the best alive then lets do it. Mos been in the game and IMO already has a classic album under his belt.

I agree with you to an extent, that the competiviness at times should be seen as nothing more than that. That's why i think Mos Def's challenge was dope. There was no disrespecting in it. It was just if you say you're the best then prove it...
    But i do think that it matters who it's coming from and who it's directed at...

As well as it matters, in what tone, context, mentality the person administering the "challenge" comes with

so you have to be famous now in order to go at a ? ? or you had to of dropped a classic album before? wow..
  • boom
    edited December 2009
    Options
    calling out another rapper is a gimmick now.

for some rappers yes, those that we know are wack and need their careers saved.. but like a ? like joe budden.. taken shots at hov.. that ? obviously talented.. and says some ill ? .. yet ? is like he tryna get a buzz off his name.. possibly.. but even still.. back in the day ? wouldnt've cared and just ate that ? up for tryna come at him...
  • ambiguous1
    edited December 2009
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    so you have to be famous now in order to go at a ? ? or you had to of dropped a classic album before? wow..

thats not exactly what i meant by that... Just saying that its going to be hard for anyone too look at it as anything but a boost my status gimmick when someone that hasnt dropped an album yet is calling out a guy that is a Diamond artist.

I dont care at all about sales, and there are plenty of Jay's albums that i dont like... But C'mon doesnt that seem a bit corny? LIke why dont Jay Elect call out some of these wack new cats? Start weeding them out... not someone that even if he destroys is going to have any affect on him..

It's hard to look at it beyond anything but a gimmick to boost your name. I mean should Jay Elec just be focused on getting an LP out? (school me if he already has a release date bc i don know)
  • ambiguous1
    edited December 2009
    Options
    for some rappers yes, those that we know are wack and need their careers saved.. but like a ? like joe budden.. taken shots at hov.. that ? obviously talented.. and says some ill ? .. yet ? is like he tryna get a buzz off his name.. possibly.. but even still.. back in the day ? wouldnt've cared and just ate that ? up for tryna come at him...

Ok i can see this....

IDK maybe it's just that this happens so often and so many times it is BS, that that back in the day nature you're speaking on is pretty much gone for good
  • boom
    edited December 2009
    Options
    your proving my point.. the fan these days has been warped into believing its wack to call a ? out.. thats why i said ? these days are soft.. you cant say a ? name without "hatin" or "tryna get a buzz" .. whether he has a album out or not.. if that ? talented enough.. which he is.. and i know jay know he is... battle that ? ..

and jay electronica will drop when he feels the need too.. ? gettin bread behind the tables right now..

oh ya... jay dont want it wit j. electra
  • ambiguous1
    edited December 2009
    Options
    your proving my point.. the fan these days has been warped into believing its wack to call a ? out.. thats why i said ? these days are soft.. you cant say a ? name without "hatin" or "tryna get a buzz" .. whether he has a album out or not.. if that ? talented enough.. which he is.. and i know jay know he is... battle that ? ..

and jay electronica will drop when he feels the need too.. ? gettin bread behind the tables right now..

oh ya... jay dont want it wit j. electra

Did the fans get warped into thinking this? Or have the fans seen it a million times on the BS tip and no longer care anymore and just let skills speak through their music?

Dont get me wrong i wish we'd go back to when KRS was tossing cats of stage but those days are long gone...

And i wouldnt be so amped about that he'll drop when he wants..... B/c his fans want an album bad, and already talking bout i hope he doesnt become a Charles Hamilton
  • The Illest Corpse
    The Illest Corpse Members Posts: 402
    edited December 2009
    Options
    C/S This thread.
  • nash82
    nash82 Members Posts: 182
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I C/S this thread too!

But you will never see any diamond artist answer a rapper on the come up!!! Not going to happen. Jay-z can rap, no doubt there and I know he can out rap alot of these other cats, but Jay-z is about money, and can you just guess what would happen if he responded and lost to a rapper on the come up!!! Whoever that rapper was would be the ? , and Jay's whole career would be out the window!!!

With that said, I am a fan of Jay, and again you would have to be deaf if you can't agree he got some good music, but dude needs to stop calling himself the best if he ain't going to defend that ? !!
  • The Illest Corpse
    The Illest Corpse Members Posts: 402
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Jay needs to man up, and quit letting these artist attack him it makes him look soft.

And Ii'm not really feeling the new Jigga, but Late 90's early 00 Jigga would ? these lil ? up lyrically.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »

thats not exactly what i meant by that... Just saying that its going to be hard for anyone too look at it as anything but a boost my status gimmick when someone that hasnt dropped an album yet is calling out a guy that is a Diamond artist.

I dont care at all about sales, and there are plenty of Jay's albums that i dont like... But C'mon doesnt that seem a bit corny? LIke why dont Jay Elect call out some of these wack new cats? Start weeding them out... not someone that even if he destroys is going to have any affect on him..

It's hard to look at it beyond anything but a gimmick to boost your name. I mean should Jay Elec just be focused on getting an LP out? (school me if he already has a release date bc i don know)

This is what i'd like to see again. The new rappers should be going at each other, trying to establish themselves as the alpha-male.

Nowadays everyone just says "? it, let's eat". Early-90's, all the way up to about 2000, rappers were like "what? you think you're gonna come up as the new hottest thing? ? outta here", and would've started sending shots.

Back then, rappers would throw subliminals, but they were being real competitive with their work. And you knew, that if the subliminals kept going, we were gonna end up with a good beef.

Now, rappers just send subliminals, and when asked if they like the rapper or ? with them, they just say "i got no problem, let's get money".

? outta here with the "let's get money". You're gonna get it anyway. It's just a ? cop out now to avoid confrontation. You claim you're the best. Stand up for the position. Defend yourself.

That's why I can't respect Lil Wayne. He puts out some dope songs here and there (I attribute it to the quantity of music he puts out), but to keep calling yourself the best, and throw shots at people, and then back down like a little ? when confronted about it? I can't respect that.