Canadian Death Tours - worth the read

Options
young law
young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
WINNIPEG -- Tony Condello is set to take another cross-Canada mix of wrestlers into the frigid wilds of northern Manitoba for his annual tour of aboriginal communities.

"This tour is not just a tour; it is an exercise in mind and body," the Winnipeg-based promoter told SLAM! Wrestling.

This year, he will be taking three 4x4 vans and expects the first show to take place February 18. Condello, who has been making the winter Northern Trek tour (dubbed by Don Callis as "Death Tours") for over 20 years, said anybody who can withstand the rigours of this three-week expedition can handle anything thrown their way.

Vance Nevada, a 15-year mat veteran, will be making his fourth northern trip and can attest to Condello's claims.

"This tour is a very rough trip. After the second year, I specifically sought out other bookings so that I would have an excuse not to go, but still stay on Condello's call list for dates in towns that featured more of the comforts of home," said Nevada. "It turned out to be a rib on myself, as my alternate tour was for the Calgary-based Can-Am promotion and included three weeks in the Northwest Territories in even worse conditions."

read the rest @ http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/02/04/4825524.html