Promo WARS....The Rock vs C.M. Punk

Options
Millions Knives
Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
You know its coming.....who does the ic got its money on coming out on top?!

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rock more entertaining... Punk just says whats on his mind with shoot style promos...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Uhhh The Rock wtf kinda thread is this? Watch these Prisoner of the Moment ass ? come through and say differently though
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If rock calls out punk for calling him a sellout too and they make it a 3 way at wrestlemania would be pretty cool.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I am a huge Rock fan but the truth is, Rock doesn't have it on the mic anymore (like he used to). I mean when he was first ? on Cena it was funny, but nothing that was serious. It was humorous jokes and nothing that was like, "DAYYYMMMNN". Punk has that ability plus to be funny. I think right now Punk could out do the Rock, but if this was back when Rock was really the ROCK, then Rock would have it. Just lately his ? seems weak, it's not him, he breaks character to laugh/smile and seems to try to play it off by saying something clever but it doesn't work. It is what it is, Rock doesn't have it anymore, he's been away too long.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I am a huge Rock fan but the truth is, Rock doesn't have it on the mic anymore (like he used to). I mean when he was first ? on Cena it was funny, but nothing that was serious. It was humorous jokes and nothing that was like, "DAYYYMMMNN". Punk has that ability plus to be funny. I think right now Punk could out do the Rock, but if this was back when Rock was really the ROCK, then Rock would have it. Just lately his ? seems weak, it's not him, he breaks character to laugh/smile and seems to try to play it off by saying something clever but it doesn't work. It is what it is, Rock doesn't have it anymore, he's been away too long.

Trillest post this thread will see.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shoot promo's are always better than those other promo's, Punk will win a war of talking
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Rock went from one of the most hated wrestlers to one of the most loved in a matter of about a month based almost soley on his mic skills. The Rock's promos in 98-99 was damn near perfect.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i like punk but yall ? are too caught up in the moment
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i like punk but yall ? are too caught up in the moment

• Bossmain
    Bossmain Members Posts: 16
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Better not be no man over tha age of 18 in this thread if there is , when did you have ur sex change
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

He's literally the same exact person. He hasn't fell off a bit.
    Bossmain wrote: »
    Better not be no man over tha age of 18 in this thread if there is , when did you have ur sex change

Shut ya ol' follow the trend ass up. A grown ass man can do whatever the ? he wants. Only kids care what others think and/or judge what another dude does with his free time.
  • Dexter Morgan
    Dexter Morgan Members Posts: 40
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOl @ saying the rock fell off, you wanna see the rock in 2011 do a worked shoot promo? he cut a 12 min unscripted one a month ago that was so good they had to show some of it on Raw. The Rock would own CM Punk. what could Punk say to the Rock? really? you're in bad disney movies?? :rolleyes:
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Unless ya'll wanna hear ? like Monkey's Ass/Nipples/? , Popcorn ? , Sticking ? up peoples ? and that ? Rock be saying...

I'm going with Punk.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOl @ saying the rock fell off, you wanna see the rock in 2011 do a worked shoot promo? he cut a 12 min unscripted one a month ago that was so good they had to show some of it on Raw. The Rock would own CM Punk. what could Punk say to the Rock? really? you're in bad disney movies?? :rolleyes:

Nah, watch the full 11 minute video. He had to stop, A LOT, to THINK about ? . Understandably too, but when you're cuttin' ? you gotta have that energy and at the end of that video he got that and just went in.

Be honest, dude fell off, even with his IF YA SMELLLLLALALALALALA...

He's been gone what, 7 years? He comes back to do it here and there? It's expected. He's rusty. Nothing wrong with that.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Rock easily. No one beat or has beaten Rock on the mic ever.
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    The Rock easily. No one beat or has beaten Rock on the mic ever.

except when ? Foley hit The Rock with the IT DOESNT MATTER lol

that ? even made the Rock break character a bit lol
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the rock aint fall off. his promos are funny and meant to entertain
    punk's promos,however, contains that ? that'll burn your soul
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nah, watch the full 11 minute video. He had to stop, A LOT, to THINK about ? . Understandably too, but when you're cuttin' ? you gotta have that energy and at the end of that video he got that and just went in.

Be honest, dude fell off, even with his IF YA SMELLLLLALALALALALA...

He's been gone what, 7 years? He comes back to do it here and there? It's expected. He's rusty. Nothing wrong with that.

IMO I disagree that promo was more etherous to John Cena than anything Punk has said so much infact Punk used it against Cena 2 weeks ago.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Rock's promo haven't been as great as they were back in the day, but I think if him and Punk were to go back and fourth we'd probably see some better stuff from him. Cena's just too lame to REALLY go in on Rock so Rock doesn't have to try that hard to make him look bad. Punks probably the most clever guy on roster at the moment in terms of mic skills so I think Rock could feed off him better which would force him to step his promo game back up to 100%. And if that happens, Punk will lose, but it'll be some entertaining ? though.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Theres actually a few little jabroni's in here who think some punk is better than the great one???

disgusting

punk give yall a few weeks of entertaining ? in this drought era and yall ready to proclaim him the GOAT and just forget the years of great promos built of electricity from the peoples champion??
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

lmao @ 3:45, when he started putting the blame on Gillberg

"hey hey, hey yo listen, dont touch, get yo arm off the rock. check this out, uh......there aint no way the Rock aint gon let nothing happen to you, you know that" lmao
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

"No wonder WCW went straight out of business" Rock ethering Eric Brischoff
  • VIBE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Theres actually a few little jabroni's in here who think some punk is better than the great one???

disgusting

punk give yall a few weeks of entertaining ? in this drought era and yall ready to proclaim him the GOAT and just forget the years of great promos built of electricity from the peoples champion??

If you're doing career vs career, it's the Rock. If you're saying right now, a face off between CM Punk and Rock on the mic, today, I say Punk. Rock would be funny, corny, cheesy as usual. But like I said, he lost it a bit. He doesn't have that desire, that yearning, that fire. It only comes once he is into it 5 minutes or more deep.

lol @ people being upset though
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you're doing career vs career, it's the Rock. If you're saying right now, a face off between CM Punk and Rock on the mic, today, I say Punk. Rock would be funny, corny, cheesy as usual. But like I said, he lost it a bit. He doesn't have that desire, that yearning, that fire. It only comes once he is into it 5 minutes or more deep.

lol @ people being upset though

the rock came back for like 2 or 3 nights out of the year he aint there nightly so u really cant compare to cm punk to the rock when hes in a full wrestling mindset mode.