Options
2»

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    your opinoin is null and void...Reasonable Doubt is absolutely a Hip Hop classic...? you been smoking?

RD aint no ? classic. all the albums from 96 that were huge at that time still get radio play especially Crossroads and California Love. I havent heard a song from RD on the radio since 1996 and that was the ? ass aint no ? song in which everybody thought was foxy joint. RD never was a classic. im not playing catch up like most of you jiggaboos. nobody was checkin for Jay Z in 96. Nobody was bumping no ? RD in 96. ? wasnt even calling albums "classic" in the 90s. RD became a classic when Jay Z needed a carbon footprint in the game like Nas had for Illmatic. Jay Z forced that "classic" ? on yall heads. even when vol 2 was on and poppin nobody talked about RD. hell be happy Jay Z didnt fizzle out 5 years later and was able to drop a classic BP1 instead of thinking the first ? gotta be the best. hell im a Prodigy/Mobb Deep stan and JH/Infamous aint ? compared to Hell On Earth (another album that overshadowed Jay Z. once again no one was checkin for Jay Z in 96). Real Jay Z fans know that Vol 1 was his best work in the 90s. Real Jay Z fans know the lyrical acclaim that Vol 1 recieved. a step up lyrically and musically from RD. aint no way a ? flowing off beat on a album gonna make it a classic. Vol1>TBA>BP1 Jay Z 3 classics. RD is not a classic. RD is an opinion that Jay Z shoved down yall ? throats. If any Jay Z "fan" puts RD over Vol 1 that tells me you a johnny come lately ? who hopped on the roc bandwagon in 2001. your opinion is null and void is you werent old enough to walk in a purchase a physical copy of RD during the time of its release because if you was that ? collected dust on the shelves and Pac, Bone, Fugees, Nas was what everyone was talking about and buying. Music Mania in austin was home away from home in the 90s. I have heard the most trendy to the most obscure hip hop discussed in that shop from 1992-2000 but i never heard any ? vouching for RD especially in 1996. this aint hate. im just tired of ? trying to rewrite history about RD. the album was ? weak, forgotten and stepped on until Jay Z reminded his new fans he had a career before 1998. ? RD 1/5 snoozefest. not a classic
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    RD jay ? on pac easily. sorry pac stans.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    imo tba>blueprint
  • FOREVER92
    FOREVER92 Members Posts: 455
    edited August 2011
    Options
    black album his best hands down, its better then blue print way better then rd which i dont feel is classic i skip songs when listening to it
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    RD aint no ? classic. all the albums from 96 that were huge at that time still get radio play especially Crossroads and California Love. I havent heard a song from RD on the radio since 1996 and that was the ? ass aint no ? song in which everybody thought was foxy joint. RD never was a classic. im not playing catch up like most of you jiggaboos. nobody was checkin for Jay Z in 96. Nobody was bumping no ? RD in 96. ? wasnt even calling albums "classic" in the 90s. RD became a classic when Jay Z needed a carbon footprint in the game like Nas had for Illmatic. Jay Z forced that "classic" ? on yall heads. even when vol 2 was on and poppin nobody talked about RD. hell be happy Jay Z didnt fizzle out 5 years later and was able to drop a classic BP1 instead of thinking the first ? gotta be the best. hell im a Prodigy/Mobb Deep stan and JH/Infamous aint ? compared to Hell On Earth (another album that overshadowed Jay Z. once again no one was checkin for Jay Z in 96). Real Jay Z fans know that Vol 1 was his best work in the 90s. Real Jay Z fans know the lyrical acclaim that Vol 1 recieved. a step up lyrically and musically from RD. aint no way a ? flowing off beat on a album gonna make it a classic. Vol1>TBA>BP1 Jay Z 3 classics. RD is not a classic. RD is an opinion that Jay Z shoved down yall ? throats. If any Jay Z "fan" puts RD over Vol 1 that tells me you a johnny come lately ? who hopped on the roc bandwagon in 2001. your opinion is null and void is you werent old enough to walk in a purchase a physical copy of RD during the time of its release because if you was that ? collected dust on the shelves and Pac, Bone, Fugees, Nas was what everyone was talking about and buying. Music Mania in austin was home away from home in the 90s. I have heard the most trendy to the most obscure hip hop discussed in that shop from 1992-2000 but i never heard any ? vouching for RD especially in 1996. this aint hate. im just tired of ? trying to rewrite history about RD. the album was ? weak, forgotten and stepped on until Jay Z reminded his new fans he had a career before 1998. ? RD 1/5 snoozefest. not a classic

say mane..next time paraphrase...i jsut skimmed half that ? you wrote....what does radio play have to do with having a classic album...what classic album you know gets regular radio play...Illmatic,no.....OB4CL, no.....Paid In Full,no...get the point...RD is classic...if you nta fan of Jay z cool...but facts are facts
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? it ..

American Gangster is Jay's best album.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think BP is his most complete album. He had wordplay, real songs,good production & singles
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yall ? tripping, Bp is waaayy better than RD. Don't get me wrong tho RD is def a classic but come on really?! So the BP ain't ? with RD on production? That's half the ? c.d. lol and BP is light years ahead of RD on production alone. Jay was more witty with the flow on RD but that's the only thing that tops BP. As far as lyrics, it's a toss up.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    "Blueprint" isn't even in "Reasonable Doubt's" league....
    the production carried that album...with RD, it was a mixture of dope production and dope rhymes....
    No matter what...BP is not ? with RD....it's easily Jay's second best, but nothing he did or will do in the future will top a perfectly crafted album like RD....
    Among the 5 best albums in '96....? the naysayers
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    reasonable doubt>>>
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's a great album and a classic in my book, but I don't think it's his best album...Reasonable Doubt is his best
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited August 2011
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    ? it ..

American Gangster is Jay's best album.

I think that's a classic album too
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yh that Bring it On verse is CRAZY dope...

'Mixed feelings like a mulatto'