Wat r yo thoughts on The Dream

Options
G.R.I.P. Money $$$
G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R&B & Alternatives

i personally like him, i think he is a hitmaker, and has decent albums so far, now he aint the best ? , but im a fan of the falsetto tone, and i think he does a ok job.....at least in da studio...

but wat yall think bout him, his new single, and do u think the album will b good

Comments

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Never really been a fan of this guy , To me his voice is annoying and his songs are just average IMO. However for the sound of the music now a days he is able to find is lane. He knows to make hit for this era of music so I cant hate on him. I just prefer a lil more with my music than what dude is able to offer.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cant ? wit it...........Dude cant Sing for ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Makes alot of disposable music, definetly no timeless.
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and all his ? sound the same
  • Vongola Decimo
    Vongola Decimo Members Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dream's album could be full of instrumentals from him and Tricky and it would be ten times better than his singing on it.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Idk what to think of Dream overall but I do know his albums be on point so I ? with him
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hes a good song writer and producer and has some good songs.
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hes cool for what he does. hes basically like a male beyonce - making songs about everyday ? from a females perspective. only thing is hes not female which kind of raises a few questions lol.
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He's a musical genius... Which is also why people are so critical of him... Just like anyone else who is the best at what they do... He contributed to so many of last decades hits... Then his own beautifully crafted masterpieces! Timeless?? Has anyone hear heard Nikki? She Needs My Love? People talk about his vocal ability when trying to discredit him.... There is no way to measure vocal ability!! It's purely based on preference... What sounds pleasing to your ear...

Bottom line this guy has delivered time and time again... Any album he's involved wit is classic (love/hate, love vs. Money, Memoirs... And watch Ciara next album be her best album to date) Dream the career ressurector!
  • middleman
    middleman Members Posts: 98
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He's a musical genius... Which is also why people are so critical of him... Just like anyone else who is the best at what they do... He contributed to so many of last decades hits... Then his own beautifully crafted masterpieces! Timeless?? Has anyone hear heard Nikki? She Needs My Love? People talk about his vocal ability when trying to discredit him.... There is no way to measure vocal ability!! It's purely based on preference... What sounds pleasing to your ear...

Bottom line this guy has delivered time and time again... Any album he's involved wit is classic (love/hate, love vs. Money, Memoirs... And watch Ciara next album be her best album to date) Dream the career ressurector!

You tripping...nobody will remember this dude in 10-15 years
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options

There is No Way to measure vocal abilty??? WTF?!?!?.............Dude cant sing for ? , there is No point in denying that, SMH @ ya ? trynna Deny the importance of Vocal abilty...............and trhem albums he droppin aint Classic ALbums homie, stop playin
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Vocally, he's not the best by far. But I will admit that he crafts some pretty hot songs. "Fancy" was downright classic if you ask me.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lady_c wrote: »
    hes cool for what he does. hes basically like a male beyonce - making songs about everyday ? from a females perspective. only thing is hes not female which kind of raises a few questions lol.

lol .
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited April 2010
    Options

well tbh, he really be strugglin live...
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like dude...his albums are actually pretty damn good....lookin forward to his next one...
  • ForeverMeah
    ForeverMeah Members Posts: 82
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Dream is not to be slept on.
    I will admit that I too was a hater....and felt that he was overrated but to be honest after listening to Love vs Money, i took a new respect for him.

Hate if you want, the boy is talented.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He's nice as a songwriter but as a singer he's ?
  • urbanclothinguy
    urbanclothinguy Members Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    There is No Way to measure vocal abilty??? WTF?!?!?.............Dude cant sing for ? , there is No point in denying that, SMH @ ya ? trynna Deny the importance of Vocal abilty...............and trhem albums he droppin aint Classic ALbums homie, stop playin

Lets keep it 100 here. T-Pain can't sing but every one loved "I'm in love with a stripper" "Bartender" and the "Low" hook then you got Pharrell who for sure can't sing but his hook with Jay-Z on "I'm a Hustla" is classic and what about "Frontin" Just cause a cat can't blow like Trey Songz don't mean he aint talented or original. The Dream is the truth!
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Cant ? wit it...........Dude cant Sing for ?
    close thread
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited April 2010
    Options
    his first album was great. so was the second, but it seems like he's getting too cocky and his material is suffering.
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He's an ok songwriter, a hitmaker and his hooks are infectuous. The problem is he can't sing for sh*t. I'm from an era where R & B acts had to be able to sing to get on. Nowadays the standards have dropped to a dramatical level. Everything is acceptable so it seems. I guarantee ya'll, if this was 15 years ago we would've never heard from this brother.

This brother can't sing. I can only tolerate this guy in small doses. I can't see how you could listen to a whole album of dude...
    Lets keep it 100 here. T-Pain can't sing but every one loved "I'm in love with a stripper" "Bartender" and the "Low" hook then you got Pharrell who for sure can't sing but his hook with Jay-Z on "I'm a Hustla" is classic and what about "Frontin" Just cause a cat can't blow like Trey Songz don't mean he aint talented or original. The Dream is the truth!
    That's because this generation doesn't care for talent. Ya'll accept anything that's forcefed to ya'll by the radio. It's all about following trends and 'swag'.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    never been a big fan of him
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He definately aint the best singer, but he's really creative with his songwriting; "Falsetto", "Fancy" "Right Side Of The Brain".
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I ? with his single he got now....he got music the ? like so I can ? to his cd