ESPN Ask What if Michael Vick Was White QB with Shocking Photo

Options
michaelangelo8021
michaelangelo8021 Members Posts: 94
edited August 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
WTF ESPN has lost their minds

What if Michael Vick Was White QB With Shocking Photo

White-Vick-300x168.jpg
Here’s another question: If Vick grew up with the paternal support that white kids are more likely to have (72 percent percent of black children are born to unwed mothers compared with 29 percent of white children), would he have been involved in dogfighting? I ask this not to look for an excuse but to explore the roots of his behavior. Vick’s stunningly stupid moral breakdown with respect to dogs is certainly related to the culture of the world he grew up in, which he says fully embraced dogfighting. But it’s also related to the household he grew up in.

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL

Looks like one of those created players from a PS3 game
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL Well if this were the case he would have way fewer doubters, detractors and haters... see Ben "? " Rothlesberger
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    white people cant ever let us have ? . soon as we put out something new and successful they gotta take it. now they see the extremely athletic QB CAN work and they couldnt wait to put a white face on it. lol
  • GettinLo
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BTW the author of this piece may want to consider getting a better word processing program... he brags about having a Masters Degree here
    Both are asinine assumptions. I was born black, I grew up in the projects, my dad wasn’t always around and I have a Masters degree, if I was born to white parents would things have been different, no one knows but don’t automatically assume it would be better.

But then makes a nice grammatical error here
    I grew up around dogfighting, when I became an adult, I understood right from wrong. Vick wasn’t dogfighting because he was he didn’t grow up in a white family, he was dogfighting because he had a $100+ million contract from the Falcons and thought he couldn’t be touch.

If anything if Vick was POOR and still in the hood as an adult he probably would be trying to survive and not thinking about dogfighting. It was because he was RICH and PRIVILEGE he thought he could get away with it. It is also the only reason the Feds even cared about it.

Almost CS worthy...

BTW TORCHER!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What kind of ? is this...
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    BTW the author of this piece may want to consider getting a better word processing program... he brags about having a Masters Degree here

But then makes a nice grammatical error here

Almost CS worthy...

BTW TORCHER!

lol, braggin about his masters.... prolly wear gargolye sweaters and codaroid pants
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    is That Jon B ??

White-Vick-300x168.jpg

jonb00.jpg
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    LOL Well if this were the case he would have way fewer doubters, detractors and haters... see Ben "? " Rothlesberger

yea in the article they asked 44 unnamed players. i think they said 67% said he would have been treated differently if he were white. ill have to read the full article when i get home they asked a lot of good questions to the players.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Espn..................FAIL AT LIFE
  • Check Mate
    Check Mate Members Posts: 472
    edited August 2011
    Options
    is That Jon B ??

White-Vick-300x168.jpg

jonb00.jpg

Naw it's Kevin Love.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    woooooooooooooooooow
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The writer Toure is actually a great one.. I follow him on twitter

He told them not to run with the title...

and had no idea about the picture
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    From Touré's Twitter account: "I asked them not to call it What If Vick Were White but they did." And worse yet: "I had no idea they'd put a pic of Vick in whiteface. Makes no sense with an essay saying it's impossible to re-imagine him as white?"
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thread has no validity until 2012 posts
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He would have been on 90210 instead of Brian Austin Green
  • GettinLo
    edited August 2011
    Options
    on the real ESPN is one large POS that's managed to monopolize the Sports media industry. As a result, we have to suffer through their drivel and pretend that it's fair and unbiased.

Here's an article they could run, but won't: "What if Tom Brady were Black?" Because we already know the answer, dirt would be found, that out of wedlock kid would be a character flaw. His courtship of a model would be dubbed as womanizing. And any past errors in judgment (going back to high school) would forever be brought up when mentioning his name.
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What if Lebron James knew his Father
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they trying too hard IMO...but the thing is a lotta black people feel if he was white he wouldn't have gotten half the hate.. which while it may be true.. i feel like they trying to hard with this...

we'll see how it developes though
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the new question should be what if "insert players name here" played for the cowboys...
    instead of everybody blowing vick it would be....."yeah he had good regular season numbers but he choked in the playoffs so it doesnt matter,he sucks"
    matty ice would be called matty luke warm water
    rivers and freeman would also be treated like ?
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    where the what if Roethlisberger were black?

this some bs

cant let us have nothing:rolleyes:
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What if Tebow worshipped the devil
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What if Matt Jones cut his drugs with a ? sporting goods store card.. intead
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What if Sam Cassell were human
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the new question should be what if "insert players name here" played for the cowboys...
    instead of everybody blowing vick it would be....."yeah he had good regular season numbers but he choked in the playoffs so it doesnt matter,he sucks"
    matty ice would be called matty luke warm water
    rivers and freeman would also be treated like ?

scorned cowgirls fan post
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If mike vick were white he prolly wouldnt be dogfighting....he'd be using those dogs to help him hunt and ? animals that white people say its okay to ?

lmao espn basically ethered jason kidd with that picture tho