George Washington dropping knowledge......

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without ? and the Bible"- Our 1st President

This nation was set up to be a light of the world. ? blessed America because it was founded on the Bible. No other nation (apart from Israel) has ever had as much light as the United States of America. The Bible can be found in every motel and hotel in this country. There are more churches in America than anywhere else in the world. America sends out the most missionaries in the world. ? has indeed destined America to share His word with the world.

But my, how far we have fallen from grace. ? says that, "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required." (Luke 12:48) Because ? has blessed America so tremendously, our judgment will be that much more severe. We have corrupted the gospel of our Creator by propagating every vile and evil thing imaginable, we have tried to replace the truth for a lie (evolution, big bang), and we have simply tried to remove ? from everything that this nation was initially founded upon.

And people wonder why 40 people get shot in 2 days. Get a clue people. Immorality is rampant. Sin has taken over America and it has utterly consumed us. ? declares in Isaiah 60:12, "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted." And for those who think that ? is playing look at what He did to His own people, who He brought up out of the land of Egypt, and gave them their own land. Israel was utterly destroyed because of rebellion and disobedience. America will not escape punishment.

"For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts."
Jeremiah 25:29

I plead with my brothers and sisters of the IC. Repent of your sins and turn to the living and true ? . Be ye healed today my friends. Why shall ye perish? Why shall ye die? Live today my brothers and sisters. Receive Jesus Christ and be transformed. Only He is our rock, only He is our salvation, only He is our hope. Place your trust in Him today I plead with you. ? bless.

"1As ? ’s fellow workers we urge you not to receive ? ’s grace in vain. 2For he says,
“In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you.”
I tell you, now is the time of ? ’s favor, now is the day of salvation."

2 Corinthians 6:1-2

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Washington is a smart man no doubt about that, but if America was founded on the bible why do we have freedom of religion? I mean if we were founded on the bible we would be a Christian Nation, which we basically are but why even include freedom of religiion?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Washington is a smart man no doubt about that, but if America was founded on the bible why do we have freedom of religion? I mean if we were founded on the bible we would be a Christian Nation, which we basically are but why even include freedom of religiion?

Read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options

I know what is says, most of our founding fathers were Masons and Masons are primarily Christian, thats why we were a christian nation to begin with, im just wondering why even have freedom of religion if they believed strictly the bible considering freedom of religion would create confilcts between Americas citizens. It dont really matter though I suppose but to comment on the whole freedom thing we really dont have an absolute freedom of religion the government has found ways around this right, as they always have with other amendments.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Goat post DoU.
    What do you think some of ol' george's favorite verses where? How bout this.
    *** However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.* You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.* You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.* You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. *(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

OH!

Close thread.
  • The GMW
    The GMW Members Posts: 259
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, this nation has a sturdy moral foundation all right... except for the whole massacring the natives thing... oh and the fact that if you and I were around when America was founded, we'd be in shackles getting whipped and beaten... too bad we've fallen into depravity, huh?
  • "A Tout le Mond
    "A Tout le Mond Members Posts: 121
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To say that George Washington dropped knowledge is ? . What he did was, enslave blacks and ? the natives.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without ? and the Bible"- Our 1st President

This nation was set up to be a light of the world. ? blessed America because it was founded on the Bible. No other nation (apart from Israel) has ever had as much light as the United States of America.

So basically you think that anyone that claims they are doing the work of ? and the Bible are blessed by ? ? This means you agree with the Christian Crusades, Inquisition, the fact that Washington said that while there were slaves picking cotten in his backyard, the extermination of the Natives and the KKK. Thanks for clearing that up, devil.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Greatest Alias Ever!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    George Washington can suck on my big, black ? !!!!!!!!!! You do realize George Washington used the Bible to support slavery right?? Cuz after all, the Bible justifies slavery.......

The Bible can suck my ? too.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To say that George Washington dropped knowledge is ? . What he did was, enslave blacks and ? the natives.

Pretty much.....and in America, he's looked upon as a hero! Hilarious, but than again, we can't expect white people to truly have a soul. ? knows how sick and ? up in the head many of them were, and in the case of Viginia, ARE.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pretty much.....and in America, he's looked upon as a hero! Hilarious, but than again, we can't expect white people to truly have a soul. ? knows how sick and ? up in the head many of them were, and in the case of Viginia, ARE.

Washington was a ? up by using slavery and hatred toward blacks, but to discredit what he saw as a future America is retarted, our constitution is golden, our country has been and still is the best country in the world, we do have issues up in office at times. It affects everyone though not just us. If anything the poor are the minority now not the black. Where do you see white people worshipping him as a slave owner? They worship him for other things that include building this nation? Also because of something white people have done in the past is reason to hate on all white people now? ? no man is perfect, we were selling each other throughout history to slave ship captains why are you not racists toward your brothers? Again he isnt worshipped as a slave owner, for his hatred of blacks, none of the ? you are saying, he is looked at as a hero for what this nation is and stands for. Like I been sayin if we are so hateful of this great nation why dont you just pack your ? and bounce, got to a third world country see how your livin, go to Europe see the racism you face over there, I will garuntee you its alot worst outside of the US.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wasn't George Washington a slave owner? did ? approve?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pretty pathetic how my thread turned into a "lets bash the first president of the United States" thread. People always quick to point out the sins of others when truth is revealed. I see you serpent.
  • The GMW
    The GMW Members Posts: 259
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Washington was a ? up by using slavery and hatred toward blacks, but to discredit what he saw as a future America is retarted, our constitution is golden, our country has been and still is the best country in the world, we do have issues up in office at times. It affects everyone though not just us. If anything the poor are the minority now not the black. Where do you see white people worshipping him as a slave owner? They worship him for other things that include building this nation? Also because of something white people have done in the past is reason to hate on all white people now? ? no man is perfect, we were selling each other throughout history to slave ship captains why are you not racists toward your brothers? Again he isnt worshipped as a slave owner, for his hatred of blacks, none of the ? you are saying, he is looked at as a hero for what this nation is and stands for. Like I been sayin if we are so hateful of this great nation why dont you just pack your ? and bounce, got to a third world country see how your livin, go to Europe see the racism you face over there, I will garuntee you its alot worst outside of the US.

Come on man... you can't give Washington a huge amount of credit for how our country is today. No one is bashing present-day America (at least I'm not). But a lot of laws had to change for us to get where we are today, and George Washington had nothing to do with two of the most important ones (freedom of slaves and civil rights). He was a slave owner, and he was happy being a slave owner, and for that I refuse to respect him, let alone admire him. And for the record, I have just as much hate for any Africans who knowingly sold each other into chattel slavery as I do for European slave owners.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pretty pathetic how my thread turned into a "lets bash the first president of the United States" thread. People always quick to point out the sins of others when truth is revealed. I see you serpent.

Pretty pathetic how you won't acknowledge the truth. Don't insinuate people are Satan because they called you out on your poor choice.

And don't play the Nobody is perfect card. The man presided over the wholesale slaughter and enslavement of millions, and he did nothing. I thought Jesus stood for the oppressed, poor, and disenfranchised? What you are doing is cosigning white supremacy in the name of Jesus.
    Your like the white haired ? on the 700 club.

Onmyway, you are the perfect example of why Malcolm X called European styled Christianity, a slave making teaching. If you gonna big up some Christians, big up the Quakers, Nat Turner, Sojourner Truth, John Brown or somebody like that.

Some of you all are so bereft of any historical context that you make yourself look like fools. You use the Bible as a history book when the world has been in effect thousands of years since it was introduced.

Wed your faith with historical knowledge and maybe you would be more successful in reaching people.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited April 2010
    Options
    THe founding fathers were mostly Deist, not Christian. Also, many of them were strongly opposed to the church that you so dearly love. Here are some more interesting Washington quotes...

If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.
    -- George Washington, letter to the United Baptist Chamber of Virginia, May 1789, in Anson Phelps Stokes, Church and State in the United States, Vol 1. p. 495, quoted from Albert J Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom

Every man, conducting himself as a good citizen, and being accountable to ? alone for his religious opinions, ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience.
    -- George Washington, letter to the United Baptist Chamber of Virginia, May 1789, in Anson Phelps Stokes, Church and State in the United States, Vol 1. p. 495, quoted from Albert J Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom

I am persuaded, you will permit me to observe that the path of true piety is so plain as to require but little political direction. To this consideration we ought to ascribe the absence of any regulation, respecting religion, from the Magna-Charta of our country.
    -- George Washington, responding to a group of clergymen who complained that the Constitution lacked mention of Jesus Christ, in 1789, Papers, Presidential Series, 4:274, the "Magna-Charta" here refers to the proposed United States Constitution

The Citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy: a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship It is now no more that toleration is spoken of, as if it was by the indulgence of one class of people, that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights. For happily the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens, in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.
    -- George Washington, letter to the congregation of Touro Synagogue, Newport, Rhode Island, August, 1790, in Anson Phelps Stokes, Church and State in the United States, Vol 1. p. 862

Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by a difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought to be deprecated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society.
    -- George Washington, letter to Edward Newenham, October 20, 1792, quoted from Albert J Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom, also James A Haught, 2000 Years of Disbelief

We have abundant reason to rejoice that in this Land the light of truth and reason has triumphed over the power of bigotry and superstition ... In this enlightened Age and in this Land of equal liberty it is our boast, that a man's religious tenets will not forfeit the protection of the Laws, nor deprive him of the right of attaining and holding the highest Offices that are known in the United States.
    -- George Washington, letter to the members of the New Church in Baltimore, January 27, 1793, in Anson Phelps Stokes, Church and State in the United States, Vol 1. p. 497, quoted from Albert J Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom

If they are good workmen, they may be of Asia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mohometans, Jews or Christians of any Sect, or they may be Atheists.
    -- George Washington, letter to Tench Tilghman asking him to secure a carpenter and a bricklayer for his Mount Vernon estate, March 24, 1784, in Paul F Boller, George Washington & Religion (1963) p. 118, quoted from Ed and Michael Buckner, "Quotations that Support the Separation of State and Church"

Among many other weighty objections to the Measure, it has been suggested, that it has a tendency to introduce religious disputes into the Army, which above all things should be avoided, and in many instances would compel men to a mode of Worship which they do not profess.
    -- George Washington, to John Hancock, then president of Congress, expressing opposition to a congressional plan to appoint brigade chaplains in the Continental Army (1777), quoted from a letter to Cliff Walker from Doug Harper (2002)

I had always hoped that this land might become a safe and agreeable Asylum to the virtuous and persecuted part of mankind, to whatever nation they might belong.
    -- George Washington, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, a Mennonite minister, May 28, 1788, in Paul F Boller, George Washington & Religion (1963) p. 118, quoted from Ed and Michael Buckner, "Quotations that Support the Separation of State and Church"

Government being, among other purposes, instituted to protect the consciences of men from oppression, it certainly is the duty of Rulers, not only to abstain from it themselves, but according to their stations, to prevent it in others.
    -- George Washington, letter to the Religious Society called the Quakers, September 28,1789, quoted from Albert J Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom, also in Gorton Carruth and Eugene Ehrlich, The Harper Book of American Quotations (1988)
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options

You mean the constitution that assigns your black ass less than full and equal status as a human being?

SMH, at this man traveling on this continuum of self etherization.
  • Chike
    edited April 2010
    Options

condi_whitey.jpg
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    condi_whitey.jpg

LOL.

ol Crispus Attucks ass ? .
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Covarrubias-Uncle%20Tom.jpg
    Thank You, White Jesus.
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options

same ? with tiger woods. people act like they ? dont stink
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't see past race at all. It's disturbing how a thread about the need for ? and the Bible has turned into another "black vs white" thread. No wonder we can never progress as a people. Always stuck in the past. It's pretty childish and a real lame attempt to cover up the truth thats been spoken.

Again I see you serpent. Subtle and craftily the serpent always detours and subverts the truth. He takes peoples eyes off ? and gets them to ponder secondary issues. I see you though. The truth can't be stopped. It will always prevail.

And one day in the near future, ? will rule this whole universe without any opposition whatsoever. Come Lord and establish your kingdom!
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't see past race at all. It's disturbing how a thread about the need for ? and the Bible has turned into another "black vs white" thread. No wonder we can never progress as a people. Always stuck in the past. It's pretty childish and a real lame attempt to cover up the truth thats been spoken.

Again I see you serpent. Subtle and craftily the serpent always detours and subverts the truth. He takes peoples eyes off ? and gets them to ponder secondary issues. I see you though. The truth can't be stopped. It will always prevail.

And one day in the near future, ? will rule this whole universe without any opposition whatsoever. Come Lord and establish your kingdom!

Why does ? have opposition in the first place? He's ? ...he can just speak the devil out of existence
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    Why does ? have opposition in the first place? He's ? ...he can just speak the devil out of existence

He can. He could have destroyed the devil the moment he sinned. Why ? didn't? Only He knows. But evidently ? is working out a plan according to His purpose. Theologians have suggested that ? is demonstrating once and for all what happens when rebellion takes place in His universe. Sin, death, destruction, misery, pain, hurt, etc. are all the products of rebellion. And thus ? is showing all of His creative intelligences that life without ? only ends in utter ruin. So when ? makes all things right again, the chance for rebellion will never happen because everybody that will be with ? for all eternity will know the consequences of rebellion. Just a thought.
  • Chike
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He can. He could have destroyed the devil the moment he sinned. Why ? didn't? Only He knows. But evidently ? is working out a plan according to His purpose. Theologians have suggested that ? is demonstrating once and for all what happens when rebellion takes place in His universe. Sin, death, destruction, misery, pain, hurt, etc. are all the products of rebellion. And thus ? is showing all of His creative intelligences that life without ? only ends in utter ruin. So when ? makes all things right again, the chance for rebellion will never happen because everybody that will be with ? for all eternity will know the consequences of rebellion. Just a thought.

lol You;re a hilarious dude.

Oh and when race no longer plays a factor in the living conditions of certain human beings, THEN and only THEN will we look past race.