"And Step" viewed my last supper pic as antagonistic.. but

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Couldn't it be viewed as religious art? and I am being serious..

A person few years made some art likening the ? shot of Jesus to Osama Bin Ladens..

but say with the last supper shot of the Baphomet/Devil sitting at the table, if this was to have happened in reality the last supper and Jesus being seated there, I could interpret the pic as the wolf in sheeps clothing thing.. because not everyone there was entirely loyal to Christ on the lead up to his 'demise'... And to just brush the pic off as "antogonistic" I think was bit extreme, and further more to 'snitch' about it as you put it, was there really any need.

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Couldn't it be viewed as religious art? and I am being serious..

A person few years made some art likening the ? shot of Jesus to Osama Bin Ladens..

but say with the last supper shot of the Baphomet/Devil sitting at the table, if this was to have happened in reality the last supper and Jesus being seated there, I could interpret the pic as the wolf in sheeps clothing thing.. because not everyone there was entirely loyal to Christ on the lead up to his 'demise'... And to just brush the pic off as "antogonistic" I think was bit extreme, and further more to 'snitch' about it as you put it, was there really any need.

I didn't snitch ? . I was just playing no need to be scurred. I will say this. Knowing how some people view Jesus It was definitely antagonistic your caption included was humorous in tone. So if you want to be taken as serious that is how you should enter the stage. Interpretation is one thing, but to depict decapitations and inject a satanic symbol in the midst was def designed to get people goats(no pun)

You can science it up anyway you want but shock value sells. When the New Yorker had Obama and his wife doing the fist bump armed with rifles dressed in turbans and clothes associated with eastern muslims, they were trying to drum up controversy. Why? It attracts attention. One of the things I don't respect about a lot of atheist is they lambast people for misdeeds in their belief systems, but they seem to have no civility or decency when it comes to their conduct in taking on said belief system . That is hypocritical, B.
    Just be honest money, don't try to intellectualize ? . I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    I didn't snitch ? . I was just playing no need to be scurred. I will say this. Knowing how some people view Jesus It was definitely antagonistic your caption included was humorous in tone. So if you want to be taken as serious that is how you should enter the stage. Interpretation is one thing, but to depict decapitations and inject a satanic symbol in the midst was def designed to get people goats(no pun)

You can science it up anyway you want but shock value sells. When the New Yorker had Obama and his wife doing the fist bump armed with rifles dressed in turbans and clothes associated with eastern muslims, they were trying to drum up controversy. Why? It attracts attention. One of the things I don't respect about a lot of atheist is they lambast people for misdeeds in their belief systems, but they seem to have no civility or decency when it comes to their conduct in taking on said belief system . That is hypocritical, B.
    Just be honest money, don't try to intellectualize ? . I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

fair enough. I'm not one to argue about something if indeed it is disrepectful. So apologies to anyone offended. Feel free to delete the thread.