I saw a homeless man sign that said. Begging is embarrassing, but compassion isn't

Options
Real Lady
Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Begging is embarrassing but compassion isn't

What do you think about this poetry?:eek:

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i think it was dope...and i bet u didnt give him ?
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Clever and thought-provoking...I probably would have given him a few dollars.

I had one shabby ass looking chick try to get a attitude cause I wouldnt give her a ride up the road. Like I'm about to let her funky ass jump in the car with my daughter..? please.

I don't mind helping when I can but I don't OWE you ? .
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pssshh. Not a damn thing. I'd have read it and forgotten about it. I been stop handing out my loose change especially when them ? tell you they don't want food but rather have your bread. If you ain't hungry then what's the point?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    he should charge other homless ? to write their signs for them...
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    he should charge other homless ? to write their signs for them...

Entrepreneurial spirit ftw
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i keep a few extra bags of chips in my car...

? dont get bus fare tho.
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL. He should try to get some money going to a open mic...He might win.:)
  • lovelycreation
    lovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't give those ppl nomore money or loose change. But I would buy them a meal tho.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I always break bums off with change, when i was in school in Orlando and use to go downtown to party at the clubs i would give them a few bucks afterwards. When i go up to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl, i give the bums on Beale Street cash and free beer. You never know what people have been through in life, anyone of us can fall on hard times (especially right now).
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Must have been a big sign. Dig it.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    3 things that made me stop giving pan handlers change

a cop once told me that whenever homless people die and you gotta clean their ? up, it's not uncommon to find any where from 5-25k in small bills and change in there little areas...

i knew some chicks around the way who used to put on some basketball jersey's and pretend they were on a team and get like $40 to $50 dollars for weed and drinks by standing on a corner with a sign and a bucket....

the news article about these two brothers that were banking over $80k a year, paying for their morgage and their car by pan handling.. they'd rotate shifts with their wives by riding around dropping each other off on different ccorners n ? making the whole thing a little hustle...

just kinda made me meel like anyone pan handling is out there scamming...and i couldn't in good faith give anymore....i'd rather donate my money into something i beleive goes to abetter cause
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I always break bums off with change, when i was in school in Orlando and use to go downtown to party at the clubs i would give them a few bucks afterwards. When i go up to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl, i give the bums on Beale Street cash and free beer. You never know what people have been through in life, anyone of us can fall on hard times (especially right now).

Exactly. I feel the same way. This little girl almost had me tears when she told how her family was impacted by the recession and living out of their car. I gave what I could but it's no big deal giving someone a few dollars. I especially give to the older veterans. Those men were messed up from that war. That's usually all I see on Rockville pike. Sad.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Exactly. I feel the same way. This little girl almost had me tears when she told how her family was impacted by the recession and living out of their car. I gave what I could but it's no big deal giving someone a few dollars. I especially give to the older veterans. Those men were messed up from that war. That's usually all I see on Rockville pike. Sad.

i wish i could still look at it like that...maybe i would have no problem giving and beleiving i was helping.........

but my brain is wired like that any more....

now i look at it like this

"hmmmm..we're on a really busy corner at a extra long traffic light, during rush hour........while dude looks like he's in dire need of a few dollars or some change...... it's realistic to deduce that if he's been out here for atleast an hour... he's already made well over $100....? to be real i saw him get like $7-8 on this light alone..and we've only een sitting still for 30 seconds.....so that's $8 in 30 seconds which is $16 dollars for every minute....and there's 60 minutes in an hour... so he coulda realistically made close to $1000 in the past hour!!....and even after i pull off from this light...if he's out here another 2 hours....argh!!!i just ca't do it...imma wind my window up and ignore him"

that's how i think now...smh...
  • hh1234
    hh1234 Members Posts: 147
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i wish i could still look at it like that...maybe i would have no problem giving and beleiving i was helping.........

"hmmmm..we're on a really busy corner at a extra long traffic light, during rush hour........while dude looks like he's in dire need of a few dollars or some change...... it's realistic to deduce that if he's been out here for atleast an hour... he's already made well over $100....? to be real i saw him get like $7-8 on this light alone..and we've only een sitting still for 30 seconds.....so that's $8 in 30 seconds which is $16 dollars for every minute....and there's 60 minutes in an hour... so he coulda realistically made close to $1000 in the past hour!!....and even after i pull off from this light...if he's out here another 2 hours....argh!!!i just ca't do it...imma wind my window up and ignore him"

yup when you look at it like that its amazing what some of these people will make.if you hungry and i got it i might get you something to eat but i aint breaking my pocket for nobody but my family.think about the people that go from train to train all day getting 1 dollar here 5 dollars there but he doing it for 8 hours shiiiiiit.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hh1234 wrote: »
    yup when you look at it like that its amazing what some of these people will make.if you hungry and i got it i might get you something to eat but i aint breaking my pocket for nobody but my family.think about the people that go from train to train all day getting 1 dollar here 5 dollars there but he doing it for 8 hours shiiiiiit.

right it's completely realistic for them to be mkaking well over $100 an hour....

and where i'm from $100 is a good job.. i should be asking them for money....
  • MissLeading
    edited August 2011
    Options

Lol. Thinking like that would probably stop me too but I usually go by appearance like this girl I saw every day driving home from work, would be holding up the same sign asking for money. I would usually give it if I had but she was a thick girl and she held up the same sign, standing in the same street for a year. Her clothes never got ? , she never lost weight and she never looked like she was down on her luck so I never gave her a dime. But if it was a child or a older person, I would have probably given it no problem.

I actually made a mistake of giving it to this old lady once. She was on a highway, on some odd looking crutches that had her body bent in half. I really thought this lady was hurt so I gave her $5 dollars. I come back to the same street the following week and it's a much younger girl there on the same type of crutches, doing the same thing that older woman was doing. I was blown. Lol. I refuse to give anyone money on that street now.

So I can understand how some people take advantage of another persons kindness and use it to their advantage but at the same time there are people out there who are genuinely in need and if I ignore them all then I could be ignoring someone who needs my help. I still give to charities but I always feel lowsy when I don't help someone knowing I can.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    funny_homeless_signs_1.jpg

Best sign ever
  • KingJamal
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Another good one
    Funny-Homeless-Signs-Best-Homeless-Signs-Great-homeless-signs-6.jpg
  • coop9889
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Best sign I ever saw was

"Bet you can't hit me with a quarter"

EDIT: WOW at the timing.
  • KingJamal
    edited August 2011
    Options
    funny_homeless_signs_2.jpg

2320482478_4a8d32315a.jpg
  • coop9889
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That last dude got some neat ass handwriting.

he's a poser
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you know these ? balling when they got humor on they signs..

? be like

"iight yo...? made enough to take care of all the major ? ..imma just have fun with these ? now"

obamabeggar.jpg
    stuntin on you hoes...
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Du just converted me. I aint giving ? no more. ? Dat!!!
  • MissLeading
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Du just converted me. I aint giving ? no more. ? Dat!!!

No he didn't, he's just your excuse. Smh selfish.