what would you do??

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Say your the parent of a 15 yr old girl.....

You've known a friend of your daughter's for awhile and think of her as your own as you trust her with your daughter.

You find your daughter ? and throwing up all over the place, take her to the hospital, she blew 2.2 BA level (and she weighs 100 lbs soaking wet) and you find out her friend that you trust snuck over in her backpack a 5th of smirnoff black cherry?

How would you handle that?

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tell her muhfuckin parents then ban the lil ?

not much else you can do, your kid does have a mind of her own *shrug*
  • eternalmoney
    eternalmoney Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    Say your the parent of a 15 yr old girl.....

You've known a friend of your daughter's for awhile and think of her as your own as you trust her with your daughter.

You find your daughter ? and throwing up all over the place, take her to the hospital, she blew 2.2 BA level (and she weighs 100 lbs soaking wet) and you find out her friend that you trust snuck over in her backpack a 5th of smirnoff black cherry?

How would you handle that?

This ? just happened not too long ago at a sleepover and the girl hosting the sleepover passed away.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/bay-area/2011/07/sonoma-county-girl-dies-sleepover-after-drinking-unknown-substance

But to answer your question I would be more mad at my daughter for not using common sense.

• Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i think worst case scenario is that i punish my duaghter for some extreme amount of time, and the other girl's parents take the ? lightly...

cuz you know damn well this will not be the last time she gets caught up in some dumb ? cuz of this friend...

i'd try my best to work with the other kids parents and see if we can get thm both to do community service at a old folks home or some joint punishment like that....

but my daughter would still be punished for like 2-3 months
  • eternalmoney
    eternalmoney Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i think worst case scenario is that i punish my duaghter for some extreme amount of time, and the other girl's parents take the ? lightly...

cuz you know damn well this will not be the last time she gets caught up in some dumb ? cuz of this friend...

i'd try my best to work with the other kids parents and see if we can get thm both to do community service at a old folks home or some joint punishment like that....

but my daughter would still be punished for like 2-3 months

Du what you have, a boy or girl?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tell the friend to give me the 5th of Smirnoff so i can finish the evidence

superman_drinking_.gif

Real talk though, i'm not gonna shelter my kids and hide them from ? . My pops gave me liquor as a kid and beer, so did my uncles and i turned out fine. Same for all my friends, you raise your kids like a Muslim and then that's when you get those emotionally ? up people because they've never experience ? in life.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Du what you have, a boy or girl?

boy FTW......
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kids will be kids. Don't take it as a sign of disrespect to you from the other girl.

Hell, I was drinking/? at that age as were most of my friends.

So... ? will happen, but have a talk wit her about alcohol. Be real, maybe share some of your own experiences with it. If you just bring down the fist, she's gonna want to rebel even more.

She isn't going to want to go through that again, being in the hospital like that was punishment enough.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

superman_drinking_.gif

Real talk though, i'm not gonna shelter my kids and hide them from ? . My pops gave me liquor as a kid and beer so did my uncles and i turned out fine. Same for all my friends, you raise your kids like a Muslim and then that's when you get those emotionally ? up people.

pops was the same way i guess thats why i knew better, all my sheltered friends went off the deep end
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options

superman_drinking_.gif

Real talk though, i'm not gonna shelter my kids and hide them from ? . My pops gave me liquor as a kid and beer, so did my uncles and i turned out fine. Same for all my friends, you raise your kids like a Muslim and then that's when you get those emotionally ? up people.

accountabiltiy>>>>>>

no one is sheltering... but it's important to teach teenagers that there's consequences for every action they do....very important...

you had pops and uncles giving you ? .. they wre sitting there with you, under their supervision, and you didn't pass out and almost die from the ? .....

shorty snuck some ? in the house, and her parnets found her posioned...

different scenario all together...

i'm quite sure if your pops and uncles gave you ? till you passed out and were posioned your ass would not have turned out fine....
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Someone needs to get a tombstone piledriver ASAP.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Kids will be kids. Don't take it as a sign of disrespect to you from the other girl.

Hell, I was drinking/? at that age as were most of my friends.

So... ? will happen, but have a talk wit her about alcohol. Be real, maybe share some of your own experiences with it. If you just bring down the fist, she's gonna want to rebel even more.

She isn't going to want to go through that again, being in the hospital like that was punishment enough.
    they snuck some ? in the house....

how is that not disrespect?

plus are you trying to be their friends on their parents?
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    [email]LOL@kai...and[/email] she going to come back from college pregnant and with a video on world star of a train being run on her.

If your child goes out and does some ? like that all you can do is talk to them and express how the situation makes you feel. Punishing them either physically or otherwise is just going to make them resent you. Just talk to them and assure that they understand the magnitude of thier actions, dont be afraid to drop a tear if you have to..

Its not time to get mad when major ? happens its time to get concerned..
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Typical ? a lot of 15 year old are doing.
    The daughter and the friend are equally to blame.

I'd tell her to chill out, be safe, and be more aware of what she's up to.
    At the end of the day, I wouldn't really trip about it.
  • coop9889
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they snuck some ? in the house....

how is that not disrespect?

plus are you trying to be their friends on their parents?

Yeah they snuck ? in the house, b/c it's not like the parents would've said yes if they asked lol.

I guess what I meant was, they didnt do it with the mentality of "Hey ? you guys and ? your authority"

And tbh, I think a healthy mix of both is the best way. Not too 'buddy buddy' and not too authoritarian
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2011
    Options
    accountabiltiy>>>>>>

no one is sheltering... but it's important to teach teenagers that there's consequences for every action they do....very important...

you had pops and uncles giving you ? .. they wre sitting there with you, under their supervision, and you didn't pass out and almost die from the ? .....

shorty snuck some ? in the house, and her parnets found her posioned...

different scenario all together...

i'm quite sure if your pops and uncles gave you ? till you passed out and were posioned your ass would not have turned out fine....

point taken, the issue is why do they feel the need to sneak around and do ? like that. My parents had liquor easilly accessible to me, i didn't drink it though. I only drank it when they gave it to me and that's on rear occasion when we have a big party, but the fact that they didn't shelter me made all that ? not enticing.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah they snuck ? in the house, it's not like the parents would've said yes if they asked lol.

I guess what I meant was, they didnt do it with the mentality of "Hey ? you guys and ? your authority"

the lesson to teach is that your actions dictate what happened to you....

they need to understand that there is a reason why the parents would have said no...

they need to understand that as a parent it would be irresponsible on their part to allow them to do that....

they need to understand the weight of their decisons, and the consequences they hold....

they need time to think about and process this....because that's what happens in the real world....

so they need to be prepared..

you go out in the real world and do some stuid ? that's against the rules and get caught..you go to jail......while i may not be as harsh as jail... their will be a consequence for the choices thta you made....
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    point taken, the issue is why do they feel the need to sneak around and do ? like that. My parents had liquor easilly accessible to me, i didn't drink it though. I only drank it when they gave it to me and that's on rear occasion when we have a big party, but the fact that they didn't shelter me made all that ? not enticing.

and that's understandable....as a drinker myself, i can see myself letting my kids have a taste or few by the time they hit 15.....

but finding them passed out almost dead off of some sneaky ? ???

yea... they ? up, and they needa understand that ? ...
  • coop9889
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the lesson to teach is that your actions dictate what happened to you....

they need to understand that there is a reason why the parents would have said no...

they need to understand that as a parent it would be irresponsible on their part to allow them to do that....

they need to understand the weight of their decisons, and the consequences they hold....

they need time to think about and process this....because that's what happens in the real world....

so they need to be prepared..

you go out in the real world and do some stuid ? that's against the rules and get caught..you go to jail......while i may not be as harsh as jail... their will be a consequence for the choices thta you made....

Yes I know this.

And the consequence was her in the hospital sick as ? . Lesson learned.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

superman_drinking_.gif

Real talk though, i'm not gonna shelter my kids and hide them from ? . My pops gave me liquor as a kid and beer, so did my uncles and i turned out fine. Same for all my friends, you raise your kids like a Muslim and then that's when you get those emotionally ? up people because they've never experience ? in life.

slippery slope is slippery
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2011
    Options
    slippery slope is slippery

Not a slippery slope if you teach accountability, it's like the people who talk about weed being a gateway drug. Pure ? propaganda!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'd be ? at my daughter above anything...she has he own mind and unless her friend forced the drinks down her throat, the only thing I can blame her friend for is bringing them over...
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I would have a talk with them both, as well as the friend's parents man. Your kid could die from that.
  • Dupac
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes I know this.

And the consequence was her in the hospital sick as ? . Lesson learned.

nah......can't ? with it...
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this is easy... you tell her you're going to give her a chance to come clean to her parents first and that you'll be calling them later that day to talk about it.
  • s3nterocks
    s3nterocks Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't know how to react because it would depend on the relationship that i have with my chld. I have a 5 month old son so I am preparing myself to deal with these situations in the near future. But my father gave me my first sip of beer at age 9. To some it say sound reckless, but it molded our relationship to the one it is today, which is great. He spoke to me like an individual, always schooling me, and when I messed up, he didn't punish me or or hit me. He explained why what I did was wrong. Why I shouldn't do things like that, and how dissapointed he was in me. The thought of my father being dissapointed was and still is the worst feeling for me. It kept me from making foolish choices I would've otherwise made. My goal is to try to have that with my son.