do artist today know how to make a good albums

Options
big meech
big meech Members Posts: 96
edited August 2011 in The Reason
i mean what was the last album u can ride to ? i dont need a classic in just some good music that u can listen without skippin a bunch of it seems like the only ? that know how to make an album is ross and kanye

Comments

• big meech
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i mean ? oue here puttin out better mixtapes thans albums seems backwards to me
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ain't no pressure from the label when you dropping a mixtape you can just get in the studio and spit. but for your album ? you better get that radio hit on deck
  • big meech
    edited August 2011
    Options
    [QUOTEain't no pressure from the label when you dropping a mixtape you can just get in the studio and spit. but for your album ? you better get that radio hit on deck ][/QUOTE]i understand that but u can make radio hits and have a good ablums ? ? used to have top 100 singles and the rest of the album used to be better because it was them giving you something they took pride in i dont these ? ? anymore
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    big meech wrote: »
    i mean ? oue here puttin out better mixtapes thans albums seems backwards to me

REAL TALK, its ? ridiculous. i mean it really doesnt matter cuz music is music but theres nothing better than having a physical copy of a good cd that you can just play. ? is out making bangers on mixtapes and then they have so much pressure for their albums they change up their style trying to conform to what they think people will buy. its helllla backwards.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nope, you had it right. Just Kanye and Ross.
  • AboveTheClouds.
    AboveTheClouds. Members Posts: 151
    edited August 2011
    Options
    REAL TALK, its ? ridiculous. i mean it really doesnt matter cuz music is music but theres nothing better than having a physical copy of a good cd that you can just play. ? is out making bangers on mixtapes and then they have so much pressure for their albums they change up their style trying to conform to what they think people will buy. its helllla backwards.

Chea, like wiz put out kush n oj where u don't gotta skip a track, then he goes and drops a pop album.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its harder now for rappers to put out good albums. For one most rappers have limited musical ability They have to let others define there sound. Also rappers have limited artist integrity . They let the label define who they want to be instead of coming to the label with a product that is undeniable and the integrity to stand up for what they believe is good music and how they want to be portrayed by their music . Its also the fans fault, because alot of Hip Hop fans dont know what good music is or allow rapper to grow as artist. Thats why alot of Hip Hop fans love a rappers Mixtape more than their album because usually the Mixtape is geared to one specific set of fans.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • FoolTime
    FoolTime Members Posts: 1,311 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Good albums? ? can't even make good songs