Anyone else on the IC that doesn't like RnB/Soul/Neo Soul Music?

Options
Bigavelli
Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
edited August 2011 in The Reason
Anyone else on here that finds it boring?

Comments

• Duncan21
    Duncan21 Members Posts: 296
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Anyone else on here that finds it boring?

are u white by any chance?
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nah just you because u have a terrible taste in music.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    u make me sick!
  • theorynbt
    theorynbt Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol@ TS.

U the same one to label MM's music as soulful, but dont really know what soulful is. Claiming his singing is great. GTFOH and play your Maroon 5 cd's.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    T/S thinks Eminem is a good singer....her opinion is irrelevant
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ threadstarter being sonned by everyone
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Duncan21 wrote: »
    are u white by any chance?

Nah i'm not

The Music i like apart from Hip Hop is Techno, Dancehall, 90's Pop, Country
  • laydee
    laydee Members Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    RnB makes me sick, im seriously. Worst type of music invented in the history of the human being.
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    laydee wrote: »
    RnB makes me sick, im seriously. Worst type of music invented in the history of the human being.

Yeah it's just pathetic how some people act like you some devil evil person cos you don't like RnB lol

Some people just hate people who aren't scared to be honest
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nah just you because u have a terrible taste in music.

Cool but at the end of the day i'm not going to force myself to like something i really do not enjoy and something i find really boring

You either follow bandwagons or you keep it real in life
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cool but at the end of the day i'm not going to force myself to like something i really do not enjoy and something i find really boring

You either follow bandwagons or you keep it real in life

lol who says i don't enjoy the music i listen to the thing is i don't think you get not everyone likes what you like and so u keep pointing out this whole boring ? .

maybe that boring ? is entertainment for some one you contradicting your self.
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nah i'm not

The Music i like apart from Hip Hop is Techno, Dancehall, 90's Pop, Country

I was going to respond to this thread until I read that.

You're opinion on music on a Hip Hop forum is irrelevant
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whats soul music to you?

Name some artists

James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Billy Holiday, Stevie Wonder, Jackson 5, Alicia Keys, Maxwell, Blackstreat, Keith Sweat etc
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol who says i don't enjoy the music i listen to the thing is i don't think you get not everyone likes what you like and so u keep pointing out this whole boring ? .

maybe that boring ? is entertainment for some one you contradicting your self.

But is it me attacking people for what they like?

Or is it people attacking me cos i explained why i don't like Soul/RnB?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Billy Holiday, Stevie Wonder, Jackson 5, Alicia Keys, Maxwell, Blackstreat, Keith Sweat etc

SMH, I guess Eminem is alot more soulful than these people right?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    But is it me attacking people for what they like?

Or is it people attacking me cos i explained why i don't like Soul/RnB?

Yea you say people who like Jay-Z tend to have low self-esteem and are insecure
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not a fan of new rnb. Chris brown, try songs, the dream are corny to me. Kci and jojo, boys2men,etc were corny but they had talent....
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    SMH, I guess Eminem is alot more soulful than these people right?

No Eminem doesn't Sing RnB style his style of Singing is Emotional but Catchy not Soul influenced at all

The type of Singing i like that Eminem, Kid Cudi, Max B, 50 Cent etc do i just call it wavey Singing my own lil word for it not all of them Sing though Eminem Sing's but 50 Harmonizes
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow @ the bolded and jackson 5 were more pop and soul they were a combo of the 2

Its a black thing buddy,You obviously cant relate

I don't think that is true cos there are so many black people out there that dislike Soul/RnB Music as well

And there are so many whites who love it like back in the days even whites would go to clubs in Harlem to see Soul Artists

I don't think it is about race it truely is about taste life is about taste we all like different Music, different taste in food, we have different taste in fashion etc
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't think that is true cos there are so many black people out there that dislike Soul/RnB Music as well

And there are so many whites who love it like back in the days even whites would go to clubs in Harlem to see Soul Artists

I don't think it is about race it truely is about taste life is about taste we all like different Music, different taste in food, we have different taste in fashion etc

At the root of it all it is a race thing though. Its safe to say blabk people like rnb just like white people like country. It came from that culture or race and wouldn't have gotten popular if those people didn't enjoy it and push it forward. Of course not all black people like rnb and not all white people like country..
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's certaintly not about relating to the content either every race can relate to topics covered in Soul like love or relationships whatever

It's just that style of Singing is desperatley so boring and irritating for me to listen too it's not 1 bit enjoyable for me at all so that is the reason why i don't like it
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    At the root of it all it is a race thing though. Its safe to say blabk people like rnb just like white people like country. It came from that culture or race and wouldn't have gotten popular if those people didn't enjoy it and push it forward. Of course not all black people like rnb and not all white people like country..

That is my point not all black people like Soul/RnB that is a fact
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you are black and you dont like RnB and Soul to some degree.. you might as well be white..

then again if you were born of this generation you dont know ? anyway.. and only care about facebook. lil wayne.. and mcdonalds

? all yall
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you are black and you dont like RnB and Soul to some degree.. you might as well be white..

then again if you were born of this generation you dont know ? anyway.. and only care about facebook. lil wayne.. and mcdonalds

? all yall

See that theory is just so lame and ?

Just cos blacks invented Soul/RnB every black person has to force them self to like it even if they genuinley don't enjoy the Music? and they may as well be white just cos they don't like 1 genre of Music blacks invented?

Don't you see how sad and pathetic it sounds what you saying? why can't people grasp the concept that people of every race, religion and skin color have different tastes in life?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    See that theory is just so lame and ?

Just cos blacks invented Soul/RnB every black person has to force them self to like it even if they genuinley don't enjoy the Music? and they may as well be white just cos they don't like 1 genre of Music blacks invented?

Don't you see how sad and pathetic it sounds what you saying? why can't people grasp the concept that people of every race, religion and skin color have different tastes in life?

its the root of the black experience you dont know ? about black people.. stop pretending you know anything about anything besides eminem..

the music served as a timeline, a soap box, therapy,roadmap, empowerment once upon a time