Lady at work dropped a dime on ? heads.

Options
Idi Amin Dada
Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Crazy to hear an old white lady who understands the 'hood on such a deep level.

She opened up this school in like the late 90's a residential school for juveniles with severe emotional issues. Always fighting ? like that. Heavy into gangs, all that, it was in Philly. She was telling me this story about this one kid in particular, probably the worst one they had and everyone was mad at her for letting him in the school. He would fight at the drop of a hat, she said he was the hardest kid she ever dealt with. Anyways, she said as time went on and they managed to peel off the layers upon layers of his emotional baggage he became a model student. Started a mentor program, excelled academically, all that. Well, after 2 and a half years he's 16 and his family wanted him back(it was court mandated for something he did I'm assuming). She said on his last day they had a party for him and he was nowhere to be found. She found him on the floor of his closet weeping. She she asked him what the problem was and she said he looked at her and said "I did everything you ever asked of me, I stopped fighting, I did well in school, etc. etc. and now you're sending me back where it's only gonna get me killed."

She said less than 6 months after he got out some people assaulted him and he killed one of them. He's been in jail since.

She said she's never been able to forgive herself, cuz she pushed an ideal onto him that wasn't congruent with environment. She softened him and exposed him toward things that she thought was good for him, but it wasn't good for him wher ehe was from. He got back ? thought he was a ? and he became a target.

That's some real ? for ? like Vincenzo, b. You can wanna open up the eyes of one ? in the 'hood all you want, but if the rest of 'em are blind, are you really doing that person a favor?

? reminded me of Namond from The Wire.

Comments

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    kinda like the mantra...dont feed the wild animals...not unless you plan on taking them out the wild altogether.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's an interesting story and it is partly true.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited August 2011
    Options
    kinda like the mantra...dont feed the wild animals...not unless you plan on taking them out the wild altogether.

yeah man, that ? was just wild. Cuz I think we all get caught up in it too sometimes about how people can do better, see there's life beyond the 'hood and all that. But what good does that do you when you still there?
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like what Tupac said in an interview..."How can I be an angel in a world full of demons...that's suicide"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    damn thats some real ?
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Interesting story. Sucks that life is like that. Sorta reminds me of mike tyson. Coming up his true mentality wasn't a ? fighter he was an emotional kid. Imagine an emotional and soft mike tyson as a teen. He'd be dead in that environment, so he had to be tough. I knew lots of dudes like him growing up,and it just seemed like they were ? for no reason but the environment called for it. Dmx seems like a living example of that. Can't make it in the real world,but if he went back to the hood his mentality would save him. On some real ? , I hate the hood. No one should ever have to live there.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah man, that ? was just wild. Cuz I think we all get caught up in it too sometimes about how people can do better, see there's life beyond the 'hood and all that. But what good does that do you when you still there?
    im finally realizing in my late 20s that for some people ignorance is t okay...good even and helps them make it through life.
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its not her fault its the family fault
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    I call bs...
    this implies he was assaulted do to his "book learning"...
    gtfoh...
    I'm from the hood...lol
    and I'm also an accomplished scholar...
    u get snuffed, picked on, etc... if you cant code switch or if you're just a punk....
    I don't say this to imply that the hood is a safe environment...

I mean, I guess I felt the same way initially, but it wasn't just about being a scholar. They taught him how to use his words not his fists, how to try to talk through problems instead of fighting. I don't know, she's a social worker who's seen some crazy ? and has some really great stories, so I'ma just take her word for it.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited August 2011
    Options
    some hoods are worse than others...
    some kids are tougher than others...
    this story just rubs me the wrong way...

It's trill ? though. If you're in a gang at 13, bruh. Then you come back all different, kinder, and ? . ? gonna try you.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah, I wanted to b a social worker because I saw that a lot of social workers are fools and dont really understand the cultural nuances that exist for those they try to help...
    I'm on a different path now, but fighting is a fact of life...
    and the issue really is that he had no true support system... his hood sounds like one of the worst... and there are elements of the story that she surely left out...

Nah, I left 'em out cuz I wasn't trying to have no titangraph.

She said she fought to keep him at the school and wishes she fought harder. His family wanted him back so he could sell drugs for 'em. I don't think she knows exactly what went on there cuz she never mentioned if he did or not. But it's just a ? ? ' situation all around.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that sounds like cuzzo was a ? ? at heart anyways

cause just because you've been shown something different doesn't mean you have to lose something else you already have

fighting out of necessity isn't the same as fighting because that is who you really are on the inside
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I see some ? in here callin it BS but I see her point though. You can't have someone go against the grain that way and not expect it to cause problems. From the outside looking in sure that seems like the right thing to do however you get a kid thats going back home to the jungle but you're teaching him to survive in a resort all that teaching is useless...? don't work that way unless he finds his way back to the resort. There's no one in his hood thats gonna pamper and adhere to his softer attitude and outlook if they haven't changed themselves.

I can say that though cause I've seen it happen. ? come home from doing a few years in prison and catch religion or just a do right mentality but go back and every body they know is on snake ? and one thing leads to another and he ends up in a situation talking ain't gone get him out of.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

cause just because you've been shown something different doesn't mean you have to lose something else you already have

fighting out of necessity isn't the same as fighting because that is who you really are on the inside

From what it sounds like she was teaching him and helping him with...If it's anger he has then yes he's got to lose that.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    From what it sounds like she was teaching him and helping him with...If it's anger he has then yes he's got to lose that.

Yeah, ? focusing on the school. It was more about counseling than anything. She taught him how to deal with his emotions. And in another world the ways he learned would work.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Cosign.

SMH @ Him letting them peel off his layers to expose the ? -ass shallot he was at the core.

A real ? onion would've been a bitter and caustic onion through and through.

Crying all alone on the floor and ? . Sounds like the lyrics from some ? song by City High.

Real ? onions make other people cry, not vice versa.

Good riddance.icon14.gif
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Cosign.

SMH @ Him letting them peel off his layers to expose the ? -ass shallot he was at the core.

Crying all alone on the floor and ? . Sounds like the lyrics from some ? song by City High.

Good riddance.icon14.gif

*I'm Dyiiiiin @ this ? *

......Damn. I was actually startin to feel for dude.

...........Leave it to fiat to bring me back to "Real ? Reality"

#Goodjobbuddy.

r18128_Ace%20thumbsup.gif
  • XIII
    XIII Members Posts: 631
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cosign.

Good riddance.icon14.gif

What ....

The ? ...?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i don't get it... why couldn't he stay where he was doing well?

Why would you save a chimp from drowning, just to throw his ass back in the water later?

His family wanted him back.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It seems the family.. Was trying to mold him.. Use him again.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    she shouldnt blame herself for trying to help the young dude .... the blame should be on the mentality of those who were around him in his area ...regardless of if he was bettering himself or not ..a situation like this ...is unfortuantely more common/likely in a "hood" then anywhere else ....tough ? got caught up ....? ? get caught up ...real ? get caught up ...fake ? get caught up ...its a product of that enviornment .......sadly
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I guess not all of us can be Caesar.

rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-poster-eab2d.jpg

^^^ Great movie BTW.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cosign.

Good riddance.icon14.gif

Never been in the streets but I know ? when I see it and this right here....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Crazy to hear an old white lady who understands the 'hood on such a deep level.

She opened up this school in like the late 90's a residential school for juveniles with severe emotional issues. Always fighting ? like that. Heavy into gangs, all that, it was in Philly. She was telling me this story about this one kid in particular, probably the worst one they had and everyone was mad at her for letting him in the school. He would fight at the drop of a hat, she said he was the hardest kid she ever dealt with. Anyways, she said as time went on and they managed to peel off the layers upon layers of his emotional baggage he became a model student. Started a mentor program, excelled academically, all that. Well, after 2 and a half years he's 16 and his family wanted him back(it was court mandated for something he did I'm assuming). She said on his last day they had a party for him and he was nowhere to be found. She found him on the floor of his closet weeping. She she asked him what the problem was and she said he looked at her and said "I did everything you ever asked of me, I stopped fighting, I did well in school, etc. etc. and now you're sending me back where it's only gonna get me killed."

She said less than 6 months after he got out some people assaulted him and he killed one of them. He's been in jail since.

She said she's never been able to forgive herself, cuz she pushed an ideal onto him that wasn't congruent with environment. She softened him and exposed him toward things that she thought was good for him, but it wasn't good for him wher ehe was from. He got back ? thought he was a ? and he became a target.

That's some real ? for ? like Vincenzo, b. You can wanna open up the eyes of one ? in the 'hood all you want, but if the rest of 'em are blind, are you really doing that person a favor?

? reminded me of Namond from The Wire.

@ the bolded...realest post i ever quoted. real talk