anydody mess with rapgenius.com?

Options
[Trillmatic]
[Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
pretty dope site to hit up if you ever get bored and want to ? like a half hour or something...and no im not affiliated with it to bring traffic...just wondered if yaw ? wit it.

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea I do. I still don't get that " She ain't give you ass? That ? fictional" line from the Power remix
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah. makes me appreciate songs more. for example, the triple entendre jay spit on otis.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I explained some Z-Ro and Three 6 lyrics but I couldn't keep up, lol. Good site though, great job on Kendrick's album.
  • [Trillmatic]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah. makes me appreciate songs more. for example, the triple entendre jay spit on otis.
    ?????????????????
  • Makaveli The King
    Makaveli The King Members Posts: 562
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yea i do learned how to bend words to make them rhyme from them.
  • XIII
    XIII Members Posts: 631
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i remember when that site first came out and i was tellin ? how tight that ? was.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ?????????????????

advance of double entendre, which means double meaning

Im doin' itr now. Good drop
  • contemplate
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ?????????????????

snap back, see my cut through the holes

(1) Jay is wearing a snap back hat which is cocked back at the front and you can see his haircut through the hole in the back (he grows his hair out when recording albums)

(2) At the same time, he seems to refer to a drive-by shooting — snapping back/cocking back the hammer, and telling his victim that through the “hole” in his open window he can see the cut of the diamonds on Jay-Z’s watches as he pulls the trigger

(3) This line also suggests a running back in football (“snap” and “back” are both football terms) cutting through the “holes” on the field created by the absence of defenders. Jay thinks this is a good analogy for his driving through the city
  • [Trillmatic]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? back wrote: »
    advance of double entendre, which means double meaning

Im doin' itr now. Good drop
    ? i know what it meant lol
  • [Trillmatic]
    edited August 2011
    Options

(1) Jay is wearing a snap back hat which is cocked back at the front and you can see his haircut through the hole in the back (he grows his hair out when recording albums)

(2) At the same time, he seems to refer to a drive-by shooting — snapping back/cocking back the hammer, and telling his victim that through the “hole” in his open window he can see the cut of the diamonds on Jay-Z’s watches as he pulls the trigger

(3) This line also suggests a running back in football (“snap” and “back” are both football terms) cutting through the “holes” on the field created by the absence of defenders. Jay thinks this is a good analogy for his driving through the city
    that sounds like a crazy reach lmao
  • contemplate
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that sounds like a crazy reach lmao

which one, the only one that i can see as a reach is the second and even then it wouldn't be too hard to believe he made it like that
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Reaching....
  • contemplate
    edited August 2011
    Options
    agree to disagree then i guess
  • [Trillmatic]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    which one, the only one that i can see as a reach is the second and even then it wouldn't be too hard to believe he made it like that
    the reach is that its anything other than a slick line...not even a double.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I ? with rapgenius heavy. I especially appreciate that they don't give into the ? conspiracy theories on rap lyrics.

They cover the discographies of ALOT ALOT ALOT of rap artists, even to the point where I think "did this song even need to be broken down?"

rapgenius is Soul Rattler approved
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    really great site.
  • [Trillmatic]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I ? with rapgenius heavy. I especially appreciate that they don't give into the ? conspiracy theories on rap lyrics.

They cover the discographies of ALOT ALOT ALOT of rap artists, even to the point where I think "did this song even need to be broken down?"

rapgenius is Soul Rattler approved
    yea its dope..i usually go on there just to break songs down.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whats the point of the site?
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dude u know damn well thats a ? friendly site.. Check the isp owner.. We aint on that lol