You still believe in Santa mothafcuka

Options
Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
you are a racist.....when you simply label humanity/human diversity and or classify it as 'race'.......in your case black and white.....in essence most of you are ´racist´.....simply because you believe in race. I mean is it so hard to understand that the moment you distance yourself from someone else and label him or her different because of their appearance,which knows its origines in the world of make belief you are racist>? collectiv people believing in the same ? doesn't mean their race illusion is real, it just means they are ? . Millions of people believe in ? , like the second coming of jesus.

? like to talk about a continent they once came from, but don't know there are some touareq who won't ? with a yoruba , arabs won't ? with the amazigh....friesen who aren't down with hollanders..simply because they believe they are a different 'race'....I bet 95% of y'all couldn't even tell the difference between most of those people.....everyone has their own perception of 'race' therfor 'racism' exist, but if you think your form of 'racism' is universal your just being a close minded....and don't realize ? is pathetic.

Once, a very long time ago.......I thought America was the country were people lost all sense of borders, that it didn't matter if you came from Amsterdam or Madrid, Beijing or Osaka...from the desert of the jungle...where all people of all appearances were united by the term america...equal in every aspect and everyone is welcome....home of the truelly free. We all have/had foolish illusions.....you believing 'white/black' race etc is real....is like me believing what I just wrote about america is real.....

hell maybe it wouldn't hurt to have another foolish history month, maybe this one will convince people how pathetic their universal insight is. You don't realize most of y'all are like little kids, you still believe in santa ? .

yes this is spam, but actually no different than etherIam's anti-intolerance/pro free thinking n questing doctrine threads lol.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What if you believe in the Easter bunny?
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Color is color, there is race, as a whole we human thats the only race that should matter, but there is black and white wether you like it or not. I see black and white, its real, it exist. I aint racist in any way shape or form and I call it white black, so I dont see where you comin from. You sound like 5 white dudes who use to call themselves young black teenagers talkin about black is a state of mind not a race lol.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Race doesn't TRUELY exist when you look at it objectively and for what it really is. It's just some more man made ? . You don't see animals running around discriminating one another based on the color of another animal's fur. It's just a manmade concept that has too many people fooled. It's a placebo that people have been trained to react to but has no real meaning or substance. What does the color of one's skin really mean? Absolutely nothing. It’s overrated and people attribute too much significance to it. The color of one's skin is no more significant than the color of one's hair or eyes, or the size of one's nose or hand. Even if we were all the same color there would be a different man made concept that people try to use to classify and categorize people in as being more or less superior/inferior than the other. I wish people would wake up.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Race does exist. Racism is what we are trying to acknowledge. There is nothing inherently wrong with being a certain race. It is the stereotypes and biases that are attached to race that makes it bad. We almost can't talk about a white person or a black person without attaching something wrong that has nothing to do with that person personally.
  • oliverlang
    edited April 2010
    Options
    race exists about as much as a mirage exists.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Discrimination exists. Race is just the means to an end. Getting rid of the notion of race is not going to stop discrimination. Everybody can be the same and the only thing that differentiate one from another is the brand of shoes someone wears. Someone is going to find a reason to discriminate.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Financial rank is the real race in the World. Again if you poor, rich folk dont care what color you are, you ? to them. If you middle class, the rich aint ? with you either. If you got money, the rich accepts you into the extended family dont matter what color you are.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Financial rank is the real race in the World. Again if you poor, rich folk dont care what color you are, you ? to them. If you middle class, the rich aint ? with you either. If you got money, the rich accepts you into the extended family dont matter what color you are.

I've met a lot of people that don't give a damn about feloos. financial rank is for the weak.
  • oliverlang
    edited April 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Discrimination exists. Race is just the means to an end. Getting rid of the notion of race is not going to stop discrimination. Everybody can be the same and the only thing that differentiate one from another is the brand of shoes someone wears. Someone is going to find a reason to discriminate.

Discrimination is a reaction and is based on a false premise, as is the reaction to a placebo. People have been trained to react to this stimulus - race. Two babies don't react the same to "race" as adults do. However, I do agree that someone will always find a reason to discriminate even if we were all the same color.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    race exists about as much as a mirage exists.

Race exists. And it is not a mirage. It exist just as much as class and gender.

As a man thinketh so is he. That's why Black Wall Street was burned down, because in somebody mind race exist. That is why Cops were shooting black Katrina victims in lynching raids, because race exist in somebody mind. That is why Ann Coulter can insult a young Arab girl and tell her to ride a camel because in her mind it exist.

I respectfully say, human beings are looking to grow beyond color identification, but it is not reality.

Your utopian perception is a mirage in this present day and time. It is something you can work for but in present it is only present in a few peoples thoughts.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    Discrimination is a reaction and is based on a false premise, as is the reaction to a placebo. People have been trained to react to this stimulus - race. Two babies don't react the same to "race" as adults do. However, I do agree that someone will always find a reason to discriminate even if we were all the same color.

I think the problem with race is that white people(yes them) seem to have this inordinate sense of racial sensitivity ingrained in their being which manifest in their deeds and actions. And it confuses black people because we seem to have more hatred for each other than anything. It then manifests itself in extreme hatred. I have been to Africa and and for the most part Africans could care less. White people move freely about their country and you sense no hostility or tension. But these same African go abroad and they feel it and experience it.

I think the first thing that should have been done after slavery and colonialism is white people should have left black people alone so they could get there ? straight and then reintroduce themselves after the passing of time. Forced integration was dumb and ultimatley undermining to the same thing they tried to accomplish

I
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Race does not really "exist." Race is subjective. That is why people look at the concept differently in each country. In Brazil, you can actually change races based on your income. Ethnicity and race are two different things. People always talking about how whites are holding them down, and maybe some are holding you down, but what about us who are doing good. A black man does well, and he is automatically a ? /tom or a ? ? GTFOH. A black man struggles and its a whole race's fault? I'm not saying that racism isn't out there, but some people take that ? too far and use it as a crutch to explain why their life sucks. ? you, i'm good.
  • oliverlang
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Race exists. And it is not a mirage. It exist just as much as class and gender.

As a man thinketh so is he. That's why Black Wall Street was burned down, because in somebody mind race exist. That is why Cops were shooting black Katrina victims in lynching raids, because race exist in somebody mind. That is why Ann Coulter can insult a young Arab girl and tell her to ride a camel because in her mind it exist.

I respectfully say, human beings are looking to grow beyond color identification, but it is not reality.

Your utopian perception is a mirage in this present day and time. It is something you can work for but in present it is only present in a few peoples thoughts.

lol...we have this same discussion every time. Race doesn't exist. It's a foolish man-made concept that people have been fooled into believing. Yes, people were shot during Katrina based on a mirage...and illusion. It's like being in a desert and seeing a mirage of an oasis. You are going to react but does that mean the oasis REALLY exists? No, not at all. However, the mirage did create a reaction. Humans have attached an imaginary concept to someone's color and called it "race" as a way to categorize and classify someone. Through the years of miseducation people have began to react to the this illusion that race makes us different. Does it mean there is a meaning behind that concept? There isn't one. It's empty. Again, babies don’t discriminate against other babies based on the color of one’s skin until they are taught this. Animals don’t discriminate against other animals based on the color of their fur.

I don't have a Utopian perspective of the world. I know what's going on. People are being murdered, discriminated against, and treated unfairly based on the color of their skin. However, I also recognize that the reason this is happening is based on an illusion; a man-made concept that was used to separate people and control them. If I created a study that says you are different from me because of the size of your nose, you would think I'm crazy and say that there is no REAL significance to this theory. The funny thing is, (not funny but ironic) this actually happened in Rwanda. We can look back at this tragic event now and see how ridiculous it was. One day in the future, I hope that humans can do the same thing and look back at this whole race issue and see how completely absurd it is.