The Official "Voting Is Overrated / I Will Never Vote Again" Thread

Options
Jesus Jackson
Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Social Lounge
That's right, I'm done. I thought Obama was gonna be different, but at the end of the day, he's just like all the others: A puppet on a string. It makes no difference who ends up in office, so I'm never voting again... EVER. The last draw was when the U.S. decided to invade Libya.... Our country is in a so-called recession, yet we can afford to spend millions of dollars on a brand new war... For real?? And our reason for demanding that Ghadafi step down??? Because he is allagedly gunning down his own citizens.... Since when does the United States care about the fate of Libyan citizens? You know there's an ulterior motive... So, yeah... I just don't care anymore.

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if anything, i vote so i can have the right to complain. of course you can anyway, but what good does it do to yell outside when you can be right there in the kitchen? not that politicians give a ? about voters anyway......? it, you know what i mean.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Vote? That's a joke... Pop the red pill...there is no spoon...
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if you don't vote.....don't complain about who won and what their doing....
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even if it doesn't make a difference, it's your American right so you should!
  • Jesus Jackson
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's nice to have that choice as an American and I choose NOT to vote. I'm done with these politicians.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It is nice to have the choice, and the choice is yours...but if you don't vote nothing can ever change. Too many make the choice not to vote and that's why our ? is so ? up now!
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    after skipping the NJ gubernatorial election and letting christie get into office, i swore i would never disregard voting again.
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Madbeats wrote: »
    It is nice to have the choice, and the choice is yours...but if you don't vote nothing can ever change. Too many make the choice not to vote and that's why our ? is so ? up now!

Wait a minute yo...hasn't ? BEEN ? up??? What voting has to do with the way the federal banking system pimps this country?

That voting ? is for the gullible...

How do you dethrone a force that doesn't want to be dethroned? By voting? LMFAO!!!

And for real, George Bush Jr. wasn't even ELECTED in his first term by the people. I repeat HE WASN'T EVEN ELECTED. The people voted for Gore. But the electoral college put his ass in that office. Voting didn't put him in that office...at least not of the people's votes

People voted for Obama but that's not what got him in there. They placed that homie there all in the effort for PR. Bush was so hapless and so blatantly dumb that they had to put somebody in there that the majority would feel safe with. While they continue their same ? ...

And don't politicians always change the tune they're singing when they get elected????

Voting is a lie...

You may have freedom of speech

But say "I hate ? " or jews on TV and see how that works out for you...
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Remember how many votes got Bush into office that startes this whole war ? ...

Yeah, lets keep that in mind.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Voting is pointless same government just a new frontman ? never changes.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    And for real, George Bush Jr. wasn't even ELECTED in his first term by the people. I repeat HE WASN'T EVEN ELECTED. The people voted for Gore. But the electoral college put his ass in that office. Voting didn't put him in that office...at least not of the people's votes
    sometimes i don't think people understand how voting works in this country. oddly enough, the electoral college also put every previous and subsequent president in office.
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited September 2011
    Options
    funny ass ? ...
    1063867_o.gif
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'll vote 3rd party, but I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to vote again. I doubt highly things could be any worse than now, a Republican can't be much worse than Obama. Republicans and Democrats both seem to love the same things so America is completely screwed in the long run. Endless wars, tax cuts for the rich, cuts to all kinds of budgets while the Pentagon rakes in 500 billion plus a year. A vote for a Democrat or Republican seems to be a wasted vote, unless one votes locally. Locally I see some good in Democrats, but nationally, Dems and Reps both suck
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    sometimes i don't think people understand how voting works in this country. oddly enough, the electoral college also put every previous and subsequent president in office.

Which shows all the more reason why your vote is meaningless. Why should states(individuals appointed by politicians) get the right to determine the President indirectly, instead of the American people, in a Federal election? Granted, it has only worked in GW case, but I just wish people would stop saying this is a democracy because clearly it isn't.

LOL, at people voting for a candidate chosen for them and getting mad when he doesn't keep his promise.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    Voting is pointless same government just a new frontman ? never changes.

SO nice, concise, and right on point.

Avi is shameless and disgraceful though. Plus it gets us married brothers in trouble when the wife walks by........
  • rapbizla
    rapbizla Members Posts: 86
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well that'll make a statement! If we never vote again that will really show those ? politicians, won't it!
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Which shows all the more reason why your vote is meaningless. Why should states(individuals appointed by politicians) get the right to determine the President indirectly, instead of the American people, in a Federal election? Granted, it has only worked in GW case, but I just wish people would stop saying this is a democracy because clearly it isn't.
    well, some states run their particular electoral systems differently. and there's nothing wrong with taking issue with how the system works if you're brainstorming changes for whatever reason. but i don't see why anyone would pretend it was some kind of new twist in how the system works.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How does voting give u the right to complain when its you that voted these ? in. That George Carlin video sums it up perfectly. I voted for Obama at 18 just cause he was black and it was my first time voting. I knew he wasn't gonna be ? though, I was heavily on my conspiracy ? in 08. I was also very pro-black during that period though. I probably won't vote again until politics in this country stop being so predictable and Hollywood. That will probably never happen.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    nah.. ima keep voting.
  • Jesus Jackson
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rapbizla wrote: »
    Well that'll make a statement! If we never vote again that will really show those ? politicians, won't it!

It wouldn't help and it wouldn't hurt... That's what I'm sayin'.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol @ thinking your votes mean ? ...
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol @ thinking your votes mean ? ...

smh @ not realizing that NOT voting got GEORGE W. BUSH re-elected....