Meet Dave

Options
Hyde Parke
Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Social Lounge
I'd like for everyone to meet Dave

He is a 30yr old, caucasian male, a father, husband, teacher, son, uncle, alumni college graduate, member of PTA, NRA, a US citizen, vegan, devout Christian, ? donor,former eagle scout, part time photographer, pet owner, avid golpher, smoker, skier, an extrovert, cancer survivor, Sagitarius, volunteer firefighter, Republican, Verizon customer, a neighbor, friend, a safe driver, a homeowner, California resident, AAA member, music fan, a watch collector, a philosopher, a news junkie, a former alcoholic.

Who is Dave? He is all of these things, and none of these things at the same time. Looking at the atheist thread is what expired me to make this thread. It occured to me, that we are a people obsessed with and caught up with labels and labeling and in the process we dont see people for who they really are, people. If all the labels above doesnt make you dizzy, and confused, then maybe nothing will. If we can put away all of the labels, we just might be able to make some progress in this world.

This has been a PSA.

Hyde Parke

Comments

• BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Meet Patrick

He is a priest, a ? , and a ? .

This has been a PSA.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    I'd like for everyone to meet Dave

He is a 30yr old, caucasian male, a father, husband, teacher, son, uncle, alumni college graduate, member of PTA, NRA, a US citizen, vegan, devout Christian, ? donor,former eagle scout, part time photographer, pet owner, avid golpher, smoker, skier, an extrovert, cancer survivor, Sagitarius, volunteer firefighter, Republican, Verizon customer, a neighbor, friend, a safe driver, a homeowner, California resident, AAA member, music fan, a watch collector, a philosopher, a news junkie, a former alcoholic.

Who is Dave? He is all of these things, and none of these things at the same time. Looking at the atheist thread is what expired me to make this thread. It occured to me, that we are a people obsessed with and caught up with labels and labeling and in the process we dont see people for who they really are, people. If all the labels above doesnt make you dizzy, and confused, then maybe nothing will. If we can put away all of the labels, we just might be able to make some progress in this world.

This has been a PSA.

Hyde Parke

I Do not think Dave would be much of a republican.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Meet Muhammad

He is a cult leader who ripped off Judaism and also a ? .

thasatgbenna psaa
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Meet Ktulu

He's the BOSS. BOSS KTULU to you.

This has been an ICSA