I Heart Me Time !!!

Options
MsSouthern
MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
edited April 2010 in The Powder Room
Ladies in your busy life do you get Me time? You know time where no one bothers you and you can just focus on yourself.

What do you do during this time?

I love my Me time

I like to go shopping for stuff for my house or walk around the lake. Lately it's been so beautiful out here I find myself being outdoors when I want to relax

I've also made it a point to try to take a nap on Sundays. I turn the AC down low... make it completely dark in my room and just crash. Only for about an hour or two... but it's refreshing and makes my weeks seem to flow better

relax_2.jpg

Comments

• lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    go shopping, take myself to lunch, lounge in my room with some music, paint....things like that.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nap, ps3, sing lol, treat myself to something nice
  • MsSouthern
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Do you have special set aside time or is it just when you can fit it in? I find that my scheduled "nap time" is helpful because it's something I can count on. If I skip it I feel all off ....
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll wake up early or stay up late on the weekends and get my me time if needed.

Shopping, working out, reading, trying a new makeup look from a Youtube tut & taking pics are some of the things I do. I hate doing nothing with my "me" time.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Do you have special set aside time or is it just when you can fit it in? I find that my scheduled "nap time" is helpful because it's something I can count on. If I skip it I feel all off ....

I just do it whenever....I try to find some time at least once a week to treat/pamper myself by myself.
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love to shop esp at places like Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, etc where you have to spend hours in there but you find so many hidden treasures @ a bargain

I love to curl up with a good book or watch one of my fav movies alone with a glass of wine and/or a blunt

I love to go down into my closet (aka my basement) and just stare at my shoes for a lil while.. I know this is weird but I have a shoe fetish, leave me alone

Or go to the spa and get my ? and wax maybe even a massage

Naps are always wonderful too
  • MsSouthern
    edited April 2010
    Options
    akforty7 wrote: »
    I love to shop esp at places like Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, etc where you have to spend hours in there but you find so many hidden treasures @ a bargain

That's soooo me..... I find all kinds of stuff for my house there
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    running clears my head, but i just tore my acl so thats out. i like to paint. i like to eat chocolate.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I actually do have me some me time at least once a week.

I jist moved into a new house and I been doing the whole he décor thing..

I started a garden too, I got tomatoes, strawberries, dark green roman lettuce, greens, parsely, oregeno, green onions, squash zuchinnis.. And I got the plum tree, peachtree, apricot, apple tree a whole bunch of rose shrubs, and lots of other flowers I'm working with.. I'm creating a peace garden so its pretty.

In my spare time I been writing poetry, I'm learning to play the guitar as well. I spend a lot of time playing the xbox as well.. Rock band is my favorite.

I wanna go roller skating.. on my next me time..