How Can Blacks In Good Conscious Support Obama While thousands Die In Somalia

Options
toomy
toomy Members Posts: 369
edited September 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Sad situation. A Charity president says that the people in Somalia can't be helped.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/2011/sep/03/charity-aid-groups-misleading-somalia

Obama had said that he doesn't want to be known as just a Black President and he's definitely making an effort to prove that. Thousands are still dying in Somalia.

A brutal war between the transitional government, which is backed by western nations and supported by African Union troops, and armed Islamist opposition groups, notably al-Shabaab, is ongoing in Somalia. Fierce clan loyalties keep independent international assistance away from many communities, meaning that Somalis are trapped between various forces, depriving them of food and healthcare for political reasons.

"We're being honest with donors and we have always been honest," said Bray. "A drought is a natural occurrence; a famine is man-made. We don't go around to people saying we have a magic wand, give us £5 and we will make Africa feed itself. We do say give us £5 and we won't use it to give you a history of Somalia, but we will use our expertise to save lives. This is what the bargain is we make with our donors. If you support us, we will do our level best to alleviate the distress for those people in most dire need."

Comments

• bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Does this question even make any sense?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bbwthick23 wrote: »
    does this question even make any sense?
    lol .
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As president he should be an American first....Black 2nd...He can't spend all day tryna fix the problems of every ? on earth
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I support NO politicians!!!!!!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm no fan of Bush I mean Obama but I believe the USA donated 100 million to Somalia to fight this famine problem?
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So no credit for Libya? We talk ? about the wars he "keeps going". We stone him for black unemployment. Its his fault he can't create 7 million jobs in 2 years though it took 10 years for them to go overseas....

Geez, I guess this ? should came to office with a Magic Wand and a genie....I love how everyone pretends every other president and situation before Obama just disappeared..

• kingblaze84
    edited September 2011
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    So no credit for Libya? We talk ? about the wars he "keeps going". We stone him for black unemployment. Its his fault he can't create 7 million jobs in 2 years though it took 10 years for them to go overseas....

Geez, I guess this ? should came to office with a Magic Wand and a genie....I love how everyone pretends every other president and situation before Obama just disappeared..

I don't think anyone expected Obama to bring all the jobs that got outsourced during the Reagan, Clinton, and Bush years. What we did expect though was CHANGE. I didn't expect Obama to promote one of the leaders of GM to a top economic post, the same company that has outsourced thousands of jobs to China. Why promote a man who helped send thousands of jobs overseas????????? That doesn't sound like change to me.

Libya? You think Americans are gonna give props to Obama for Libya??? LMAO come on ma, the Libyan rebels are racist against Blacks and are killing innocent workers from Chad and Ethiopia, just because SOME of Gaddafi's mercenaries were Black Africans. On top of that, the Libyan rebels have massive ties to Al-Qaeda, some of them admit this. Many of these same rebels freed Al-Qaeda prisoners haha.......I hope you don't support Al-Qaeda Edee? If you do let us know.

Libya hasn't helped Obama's sad poll numbers because Americans don't give a flying ? about helping another Middle Eastern nation that is just going to hate us in the future, as Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan do now. Spending a billion dollars overseas helping Al-Qaeda while many American cities are cutting their budgets and firing teachers and other govt workers will never improve your poll numbers. As far as Obama continuing the Bush wars, yes, Obama is doing that. And he's helping bankrupt the nation at a time when Black unemployment has surged to a 27 year high, 16.7 percent.

Is this the man you really want to defend? LOL....knock yourself out.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://www.wbtv.com/story/15387897/black-unemployment-rate-at-27-year-high

Black unemployment rate at 27-year high

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) -- New unemployment numbers released Friday paint a grim picture for Black America.

The unemployment rate for African-Americans sits at more than 16.7 percent, the highest it's been in nearly 30 years. That's compared to just 8 percent of whites being out of work.

"It's staggering," said Damien Johnson, CEO of No Grease Barbershops. "But we've been feeling it for awhile."

Johnson founded the chain of barbershops with his brother Jermaine several years ago.

Successful black businessmen -- Johnson bluntly offered one theory on the glaring disparity.

"People are hiring people that they're comfortable with," he said. "So, whites are gonna hire whites and blacks gotta get in the position where we can hire blacks. It's just what it is."

The numbers are even more bleak for black men, with 19.1 percent being jobless.

No money to help Black America and Black banks, but trillions of dollars for White banks and businesses. Trillions for wars too. Nice, very nice. I don't know how Black people defend Obama with a straight face anymore. If one enjoys defending Bush's policies just because a Black man is following them, than all I can do is laugh. Vote 3rd party in 2012 ya'll, Democrats and Republicans don't care about you.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't give a rat ass about somalia or africa in general.

id actually be angry if he was sending soldiers and aids over there

Your not black right
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't think anyone expected Obama to bring all the jobs that got outsourced during the Reagan, Clinton, and Bush years. What we did expect though was CHANGE. I didn't expect Obama to promote one of the leaders of GM to a top economic post, the same company that has outsourced thousands of jobs to China. Why promote a man who helped send thousands of jobs overseas????????? That doesn't sound like change to me.

Libya? You think Americans are gonna give props to Obama for Libya??? LMAO come on ma, the Libyan rebels are racist against Blacks and are killing innocent workers from Chad and Ethiopia, just because SOME of Gaddafi's mercenaries were Black Africans. On top of that, the Libyan rebels have massive ties to Al-Qaeda, some of them admit this. Many of these same rebels freed Al-Qaeda prisoners haha.......I hope you don't support Al-Qaeda Edee? If you do let us know.

Libya hasn't helped Obama's sad poll numbers because Americans don't give a flying ? about helping another Middle Eastern nation that is just going to hate us in the future, as Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan do now. Spending a billion dollars overseas helping Al-Qaeda while many American cities are cutting their budgets and firing teachers and other govt workers will never improve your poll numbers. As far as Obama continuing the Bush wars, yes, Obama is doing that. And he's helping bankrupt the nation at a time when Black unemployment has surged to a 27 year high, 16.7 percent.

Is this the man you really want to defend? LOL....knock yourself out.

You can calm all that down...no one said all that....but i find people realitively hypocritical when it comes to the criticism of Obama

This country was ? beyond belief when he got into office...when he leaves it can either be the same or worse because no one person can change a system of government.

And yet somehow, I doubt you were this loud for all the previous presidents that did the same thing if not worse. You can sit on your computer complaining about ? you can change or not change, or you go out, start a business and hire blacks....LIKE I HAVE!

You can complain about how no one is helping us, or you can help us...LIKE I HAVE!

You can complain about our race relations, and ignore the good we've done for other countries, while watching our men and women giving their lives everyday to a country they love.

You can do lots of stuff, or you can sit here being an internet warrior talking ? to someone who has done more for her community than more people her age. So before you get on a soap box talking about who cares about what or who....perhaps you should broaden your scope of the world and realize that not one person can change the world, but each of us can in our way

So, in answer to your post...no I don't support Al-Qaeda, but I don't believe that this man in 2 and a half years time can change a system that took over 30 years to build.

Think about it this way - you and HeySlick are starting to sound the same when it comes to Obama....think about that for a minute
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? Somalia...

? can't even get along over here...

Make sure the house is clean first before you start worrying about that yard son...
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The situation in Somalia has been going for 20+ years now no functioning government with the Al-Shabab taking over many cities.

Obama has nothing to do with the situation as Clinton learned no intervention method will help why clean someone elses junk when you got too much of your own? Millions of Americans about to go unemployed and commit that in 2012 they ain't checking for Africa.
  • Olorun22
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Afro-cuban/italian

Them ? steadily fighting civil wars daily, its like throwing money right down the drain.

There is no hope for africa.

If there no hope for africa then there no hope for black people
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Because a black president equals we moving up in America, black kids got something to emulate and aspire to be instead of a drug dealer, kingpin, rapper, or a gangster. That's why. Plus he's better than any white president tbh.
  • toomy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/09/201195104317598222.html

Yep. The U.S./NATO is definetely killing people in Somalia. The Famine is getting worse. It doesn't get any more cold blooded than this.

Famine has spread to a sixth area of Somalia and tens of thousands of people have died as a result of severe food shortages, the UN has said.

A statement from the UN Somalia Food Security Nutrition Analysis Unit (FSNAU) in Nairobi, Kenya, said on Monday that data gathered in August suggested the Bay Region had been hit by famine in addition to several areas already declared famine zones by the UN.

"August survey results indicate that the prevalence of acute malnutrition and the rate of crude mortality have surpassed famine thresholds in Bay Region of southern Somalia," the statement said.

"Tens of thousands of people have already died, over half of whom are children."

Famine was first declared in the southern Bakool and Lower Shabelle regions of southern Somalia in July.

It later spread to three further areas, including into the Somali capital, Mogadishu, and the Afgoye corridor, the world's largest camp for displaced people.

The FSNAU conducted nutrition and mortality surveys across southern Somalia during July and August and found the most extreme levels of acute malnutition in Bay, it said.

Several other areas are at severe risk of tipping over into famine conditions, it added.

Efforts to tackle the country's drought crisis have been hampered by the country's ongoing civil war.

Al-Qaeda affiliated al-Shabab fighters pulled out of positions in Mogadishu last month but they still control much of southern Somalia, the worst-hit region by famine and the extreme drought.

Famine implies that at least 20 per cent of households face extreme food shortages, acute malnutrition in over 30 percent of people, and two deaths per 10,000 people every day, according to UN definition.

Some 12.4 million people in the Horn of Africa, including parts of Ethiopia, Djibouti, Kenya and Uganda, are affected by the worst drought in decades in the region and are in need of humanitarian assistance, according to the UN.

Meanwhile in Mogadishu, Somali leaders are holding a rare three-day conference that began on Sunday in an effort to set up plans for a new government.

The current government, founded in Kenya in 2004 with a five-year mandate, is one of the more than a dozen attempts to form a central authority in Somalia since it plunged into war with the 1991 overthrow of President Mohamed Siad Barre.

But constant political bickering and the continuing conflict have thwarted efforts to draft a new constitution and hold elections.
  • toomy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The situation in Somalia has been going for 20+ years now no functioning government with the Al-Shabab taking over many cities.

Obama has nothing to do with the situation as Clinton learned no intervention method will help why clean someone elses junk when you got too much of your own? Millions of Americans about to go unemployed and commit that in 2012 they ain't checking for Africa.

Yes. I know that there is a civil war going on in Somalia for about 20 years but It doesn't take a Rocket science to figure out that all they have to do is declare a cease fire ( meaning NATO/U.S ),so that the Aid groups can give food and water to the people. What in the heck are they fighting for anyway. The U.S./Western powers and Arabs basically control the entire Red Sea area which is a busy and quick passage to transport goods. Plus the Arabs are building a 20 Billion with a B bridge connecting Yemen to the African country of Dijbouti.

I worked with alot of Somalias about 10 years ago and they are very very nice pious people. It's sad to see that the U.S./NATO are committing Genocide on their people while the rest of the world just sit by and do nothing.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Obama is playing golf with his white buddies all like "Why bother saving those Somalians? They'll just end up coming to America to rob houses and shoot people"
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    judah7 wrote: »
    only a race of devils can ? the world like this from the native indians to trans atlantic slave trade to hiroshima, world war 1 2 and soon to be 3, iraq, afghanistan, vietnam, and too much more to list is the history of the wicked race.

if that "race of devils" never ? your ancestors world, you'd still be in africa with a basket on your head and a bone through your nose. Real talk
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Afro-cuban/italian

Them ? steadily fighting civil wars daily, its like throwing money right down the drain.

There is no hope for africa.

You're black, stop misconstruing nationality with race.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cause its in Somalia not the US....
  • Olorun22
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if that "race of devils" never ? your ancestors world, you'd still be in africa with a basket on your head and a bone through your nose. Real talk

Um Where would europe be without the moors and the nile valley.Thats Real talk ?