Diamond Sutra discussion-experience thread

Options
Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Yes the most influential buddhist text next to the platform sutra, you can read it within an hour, but it´s wisdom last a lifetime. This thread obviously is about your personal experience and view on the sutra. which could most certainly lead to intersting questions

Like how do you feel about the whole re/born as a ´insert living being´ aspect and the luck of being born human, how about the everybody is buddha but needs to open up and discover their inner power. what are somethings you noticed and want to discuss...

I personnaly live on will and therfor became slighly willless if you will, because the sutra seems to promote not caring nor attaching yourself to something. Energy fainted with that mindstate. Obviously this was my misunderstanding of the scroll.

Another great question is should we indeed invest in ourselves, should governments invest in human nature and promote ´buddhahood´ if you will. Cause it is most certainly helpfull....

Also, if you reached enlightment, did you form a mind construct on which you can fall back anytime to regain the enlightment-buddha mindstate. what moves you= how do you handle being like you are in this material and full of illusions-status etc type of society we live in

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    should governments invest in human nature and promote ´buddhahood´ if you will. Cause it is most certainly helpfull....

You cant make the money of Buddhism you can off the other religions, Buddhist also dont believe in a great creator so you will have a wide group of people who refuse it because they need to have someone like that for them to accept life. These reasons governments will never promote Buddhism.

Cant really speak on much else I havent really got into this yet, Ive read a little bit here and there and learned some things from tv shows on them but Ive been studying the other "? " oriented religions right now.